Home

Reason not to Buy DLC for Tiger 13....

This is a discussion on Reason not to Buy DLC for Tiger 13.... within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6
Reason not to Buy DLC for Tiger 13....

Here is my suggestion about the DLC.... You will not even have to miss playing in a single event unless you want to play a DLC course str8 out of the box.... not sure why... but some will... anyway.... Here we go.. (Dog runs off and retrieves a Bud Light)

First, while getting your CAG up on skill, there is very little need to purchase pins and boosts. On AM and Pro... you can shoot just fine with out them and they do not help much if at all... The only pin early on that I like, is the 5 time XP pin. This would help get your golfer maxed faster. This means you can become a Coin Hoarder.... Save Save Save...

Next, on Tuesday, you download all of the courses to your box. Just simply have them, you will not be able to play one unless you purchase rounds with your coins (I think 500 coins per RD but wont know for sure until Tuesday...) There are more than enough new courses in the Game and Collectors editions to keep gameplay fresh and work the masteries on those courses.

In 2 days, I collected 10,000 coins.... That equates to at least 20 rounds of play right there.... Once I feel I want to play a dlc, make the purchase of the round.... On AM and Pro it will take 6-8 18 hole rounds to master the course. Make sure when you rent the DLC, you play as well as possible... Once you master the course... It is yours for good...

With this method, you should literally miss nothing in the game play by not purchasing the DLC. As long as you save your Coins for Courses and do not blow them on meaningless pins and boosts.... You are there.... Once you have all of the courses mastered, then buy all the pins and boosts you want.... This will work for both the patient and the impatient and save some cash in the long run...

Hope that helps your decision making process.... The only hitch is if the coins for Renting of Courses is too high... I think however it is 500 coins as stated earlier...

The Guru
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Reason not to Buy DLC for Tiger 13....

I planned on doing this as well, until it was confirmed in the "impressions" thread that is is 6000 coins for 1 round, 9000 for 2 rounds, and 12000 for 3 rounds.

At the rate you earn coins in the game, it will take a *LONG* time to unlock all of the courses. Its just not worth it to put the time in to unlock the courses.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhat42
I planned on doing this as well, until it was confirmed in the "impressions" thread that is is 6000 coins for 1 round, 9000 for 2 rounds, and 12000 for 3 rounds.

At the rate you earn coins in the game, it will take a *LONG* time to unlock all of the courses. Its just not worth it to put the time in to unlock the courses.
That definitely makes a difference with the price.... It still is manageable, but there is more validity to purchasing if that is the case.... For me, I will be putting in the time anyway, so unless I run out of patience... Im gonna try to earn em.....
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
Old 03-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingguru
Here is my suggestion about the DLC.... You will not even have to miss playing in a single event unless you want to play a DLC course str8 out of the box.... not sure why... but some will... anyway.... Here we go.. (Dog runs off and retrieves a Bud Light)

First, while getting your CAG up on skill, there is very little need to purchase pins and boosts. On AM and Pro... you can shoot just fine with out them and they do not help much if at all... The only pin early on that I like, is the 5 time XP pin. This would help get your golfer maxed faster. This means you can become a Coin Hoarder.... Save Save Save...

Next, on Tuesday, you download all of the courses to your box. Just simply have them, you will not be able to play one unless you purchase rounds with your coins (I think 500 coins per RD but wont know for sure until Tuesday...) There are more than enough new courses in the Game and Collectors editions to keep gameplay fresh and work the masteries on those courses.

In 2 days, I collected 10,000 coins.... That equates to at least 20 rounds of play right there.... Once I feel I want to play a dlc, make the purchase of the round.... On AM and Pro it will take 6-8 18 hole rounds to master the course. Make sure when you rent the DLC, you play as well as possible... Once you master the course... It is yours for good...

With this method, you should literally miss nothing in the game play by not purchasing the DLC. As long as you save your Coins for Courses and do not blow them on meaningless pins and boosts.... You are there.... Once you have all of the courses mastered, then buy all the pins and boosts you want.... This will work for both the patient and the impatient and save some cash in the long run...

Hope that helps your decision making process.... The only hitch is if the coins for Renting of Courses is too high... I think however it is 500 coins as stated earlier...

The Guru
This guy might be on to something

I have yet to purrchase any kind of boost/pin. I have all my coins from the beginning. I think if you dumb the game down to AM and keep bulking up you CAG you could easily open the course in about 5-7 rds. Again you have to keep the diffuculty on AM/PRO only thing is you might get bored in doing so.

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 03-26-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I look at it this way. Lets say it takes 8 rounds to master a course (provided you dont really screw up)

8 Rounds = 36000 coins. (Based off of buying 2 round passes)
36000 coins x 16 courses (if you got the regular edition) = 576000 coins
576000 coins / 5000 coins (rate of 5000 per day, based off 10000 per 2 days) = 115.2 days

So, basically at the rate you're going at 10,000 coins per 2 days (i'm sure it'll slow down), you're looking at just over 4 months of playing every single say to own the dlc.

If thats your thing, cool, but for the sake of 50 bucks (11 course dlc, and CE upgrade) I'd rather just pay it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhat42
I look at it this way. Lets say it takes 8 rounds to master a course (provided you dont really screw up)

8 Rounds = 36000 coins. (Based off of buying 2 round passes)
36000 coins x 16 courses (if you got the regular edition) = 576000 coins
576000 coins / 5000 coins (rate of 5000 per day, based off 10000 per 2 days) = 115.2 days

So, basically at the rate you're going at 10,000 coins per 2 days (i'm sure it'll slow down), you're looking at just over 4 months of playing every single say to own the dlc.

If thats your thing, cool, but for the sake of 50 bucks (11 course dlc, and CE upgrade) I'd rather just pay it.
Its official, we have a winner
Old 03-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

Only counter point to that is that you could play the rds when you wanted too... It is gonna take that long anyway to master all of the courses... So you save your coins for when the rounds come up on the Dailies or Weeklies... Play them then and there you have it. For me, I will have the CE courses tomorrow. So I am looking at 11 Courses. Most of them are from previous versions of the game or Fantasy so I can be a bit patient...

Like I said... I will try and update here and there on my progress...
Old 03-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #8
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't know if I'll be able to play enough & more importantly well enough to completely unlock the courses but I definitely plan on going the route of saving up my coins to play rounds on DLC courses instead of paying money for the courses, especially since I'm getting the collector's edition and I pre-ordered at GameStop so I'll have 23 courses by my count before any DLC, which is a pretty good number.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »