Home

XBOX 360 Country Club (TW13)

This is a discussion on XBOX 360 Country Club (TW13) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #25
T*g*r's Sw*ng - M*ck*ls*n's M*n B**bs

injunwal's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: XBOX 360 Country Club (TW13)

I am interested in joining, sent you a pm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 1

Can't wait to get some foursomes going. Mostly to have a group to shoot the **** with but to see how other guys in the CC approach their game. It can only make us a better club, thus better rewards.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #27
Rookie

8iron's Arena

OVR: 2

I have two individual hole pins for Augusta but I havent played there yet. Are they from the demo or a cc perk orvis there no logic to how pins are acquired?
Old 03-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #28
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

To be honest about this... Figuring out the pins is a bit tough... I simply figure that if I play the game, it will come to me. The pins on a course do help increase the status gain, xp, and coins... Multiples of the same pin help you achieve Gold status on the pin.... That is the extent of what I know.. Mastering the course in many cases gives you a pin pack... and you can purchase pin packs with coins...

Now you know all I know about the pins.... I have 2 complaints about the game....

1. It is EA.. and there are quirks in the game from time to time that really exposes how detrimental their corporate time lines are towards game development... It is not the developers fault to be clear.. They do the best they can under the constraints of their bosses, who can be unreasonable and likely are most of the time.

2. There is a pretty glaring issue surrounding information on how the game works. Tutorials are bad or non existent. There is a lot of room for misinformation to take hold which leads to questions about simple things in the games and in the case of ign... bad reviews....

I can live with these complaints however as I do need to give them a cudos on producing something akin to Crack Cocaine for me....

The Guru
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
Old 03-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #29
Rookie

redcat's Arena

OVR: 1

I agree with everything you said. Between pins, skill points, coins, and player attributes to change, I barely even know what numbers to keep track of. At this point, I'm just going to keep playing the game and figure out the numbers as I go. But as you said, the game is becoming fiercely addictive. And the improvement in graphics is phenomenal, which makes the game already seem like a worthwhile upgrade to me from last year and all previous years.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #30
Rookie

Xagoth's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingguru
2. There is a pretty glaring issue surrounding information on how the game works.
THIS...

I am having massive problems with my short game.

I am a Tiger Woods vet, have been playing since the first one and I have never had an issue this bad before.

Again, it is purely the short game (honestly, it is TOO easy to drive a ball and now that I know how to putt, if I can hit the darn thing straight I can sink putts pretty easily).

My problem is gauging distance.

Good example JUST happened to me.

I was right outside the green on the fairway. I aimed up my shot and then went to the swing plane camera.

It showed I need to bring my club up to about 75% to hit the ball at the marker right at the pin, anything after that was red and from what I understand is considered an overswing.

So I pull back the stick and to TRY and be on the safe side I stop it pretty well before the red starts (I would say at about 60-65%, just a guess) and I swing forward. It says "slow tempo".

So slow tempo and well before the red overswing...you would think I would come up short? Nope...the ball flies about 15 foot past the hole.

How in the world does this make ANY sense? This is happening to me constantly and really starting to ruin the whole experience for me.

I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong here? Stopping well before the red and slow tempo, yet overshooting by quite a bit almost every time.

And yes, I have tried slowing my forward stroke even more and then the ball just seems to be made of lead and I end up WAY short.

The only thing I can think of is this is a created player that I more or less just started (didn't import XP, since I played TW12 on PS3), so maybe I need to get my skills up?

Any help would be appreciated...

Bears, Bulls, Cubs and Wildcats through thick and thin...mostly thin...
Old 03-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #31
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

I have been flirting with setting my shots up more forward in my stance (for high trajectory) and/or setting the shot meter lower on the ball, again for higher trajectory... this will keep the ball higher and maybe keep the long shot I tend to hit from traveling so far..... Try that a few times and see if you can start hitting shorter... Just an idea....

The Guru
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #32
Rookie

Xagoth's Arena

OVR: 5

I will try that.

Have to admit, I haven't really messed too much with the whole sweet spot aiming thing.

Thanks!

Bears, Bulls, Cubs and Wildcats through thick and thin...mostly thin...

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »