Home

The OS Golfers Thread PT 2. The "Where do you play?" edition

This is a discussion on The OS Golfers Thread PT 2. The "Where do you play?" edition within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: The OS Golfers Thread PT 2. The "Where do you play?" edition

Just shot a 88 at Brook Hills in Brookville, Indiana. My iron game was "SHOT" The course only played around 6200 yrds so I am a little disappointed. I gotta remember that this is just my 2nd week back playing after being away for about 3 yrs so 88 is ok I guess. I was decent off the tee avg around 260-270 and fairly straight. Short game sucked

Going out tomorrow and playing a "Goat Track" in Hamilton, Oh. The course is "Twin Run" Hopefully my iron/short game is better.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:05 AM   #10
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I don't have a home course, but the two I play most frequently are Broken Tee Golf Course in Englewood, CO and Park Hill Golf Course just outside of downtown Denver. Both are relatively cheap. I think it's $45 for 18 with a cart at Park Hill on the weekends, and around $38 on weekdays.

I cheat Broken Tee as I only pay for 9 holes but play 18 (the turn is about 1/2 mile from the clubhouse and they never have anyone monitoring it), so it only costs me about $25 to play 18 with a cart. And the course is kept up really well.

There are some really nice courses in the suburbs around Denver that are good values, as well. The Meadows is the first one that comes to mind, though it's pretty tough so I don't play it too much.

Watch me play video games
Old 08-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #11
Rookie

Kratcha0914's Arena

OVR: 0

http://www.fargogolf.net/edgewood-golf-course.html

Edgewood Golf Course in Fargo, ND is my home course. A nice challenge on many shots, par 71. Let me tell you right now, keep the ball straight, limit shots around the green, and you'd be looking alright. A nice array of trees, bunkers, water hazzards. It's definitely not for beginners. Price ranges from $25-$40. I went here last Friday and shot a 77. You know what they say ..."If you break 100, watch your golf. If you break 80, watch your business. " -- Joey Adams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #12
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

There's great municipal golf in the Twin Ports area if you ever find yourself here. Reasonably priced too.

Enger Park GC (Duluth) - This is where I play league and most of my golf. It's only a 5 minute drive from where I live. There are 27 holes here.

http://engerpark.golfinduluth.com/

Lester Park GC (Duluth) - This is on the other side of town. I don't get over there as much anymore. In fact, I haven't even played there yet this year. There are 27 holes here as well, and includes the most challenging 9 of the City of Duluth owned courses, the Lake 9.

http://lesterpark.golfinduluth.com/

Nemadji GC (Superior) - 36 holes across the bridge in Wisconsin, and a fun place to play. The East-West course is more of a challenge. The North-South can yield some very low scores with how wide open it is.

http://nemadjigolf.com/course/

Those are the ones that I get to often that are great for a quick round. I haven't had a membership anywhere in the past few years, so I don't get out as often as I'd like.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #13
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
My home course is St. Andrews Golf Course in Overland Park, KS. It's one of the best municipal courses you can find in the state, honestly. It's got a great price of about $27 without carts, then usually around $40 with carts for 18 holes.
This is a fantastic course... I played several times in the summer of 1993 when I was staying with my uncle... It was the year of a ton of flooding and I distinctly remember trying to get rounds in between rainstorms.... damn... that was almost 20 years ago... wow...
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
Old 08-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #14
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

Home course is Prescott Country Club in Prescott Valley, AZ.... It is open to the public and has very reasonable $25 green fees with cart after 1pm... Morning times are almost double as they are reserved mainly for the members.... Fun par 72 course with 4 par 5's... You get your money's worth...
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
Old 08-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #15
Rookie

Kratcha0914's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingguru
Home course is Prescott Country Club in Prescott Valley, AZ.... It is open to the public and has very reasonable $25 green fees with cart after 1pm... Morning times are almost double as they are reserved mainly for the members.... Fun par 72 course with 4 par 5's... You get your money's worth...
I played there during my college baseball spring trip. Pretty solid course, like on most courses, keep it straight haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2012, 04:45 AM   #16
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

DOn't really have a "Home Course" as the course in my home town is terrible. The owners have severly let the course go as well as equipment (Carts etc..) So I refuse to play there any longer.

The course I prefer right now (only about a 20 minute drive) Is Rock Harbor in Winchester Va. They have 2 courses, The Rock and The Boulder course.

Virtual Tour-The Rock
Virtual Tour- Boulder

Playing in a best ball tourney there today(Rock Course -1 of 3 charity tourneys left for the year)

I also play at most courses in the tri-state area.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »