Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Features, Historic Edition Courses and Pre-Order Offers

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Features, Historic Edition Courses and Pre-Order Offers within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #33
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Features, Historic Edition Courses and Pre-Order Offers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
"playing TW14 as if you are playing a PGA TOUR televised event"......

Music to my ears.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Features, Historic Edition Courses and Pre-Order Offers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex

Music to my ears.
Yes, me too. I usually buy every iteration of Tiger Woods golf at some point. For example, I paid full price for the TW 12 CE. I then bought a discounted course pack, which left me without Bethpage and Turnberry. So I paid $87 for that game.

I waited on TW 13 CE. It was 19.99 with a 75,000 coin code thru Origin on Black Friday. Then, they sent me another code because they thought they messed up. That code was 5 courses plus another 75,000 coins. I have all but two fantasy courses, plus TPC River Highlands (Great track) was unlocked for me. All for $19.99. Great deal.

TW 14 Hist Ed. - Best Buy - Jack 86 Masters Character. SOLD!

Seriously, I want a few things.

1.) Improve the ball cup interaction physics. Just something to make it look more natural. More lip outs.

2.) Improve the contextual commentary and presentation. When I'm in the lead of tournament, 3rd or FINAL Round the atmosphere should reflect that and every shot is televised and commented on. When I'm middle of the pack, 1st or 2nd round, let me play some holes where it's not televised and then have an indicator telling when it is televised.

3.) Improve the putting system, its still just not natural enough. I wish I could enter the game and putt for myself, I would do a better job.

4.) Career Mode - its been long enough. Give me a career mode that WWE 13 has with WWE Universe Mode. PGA Universe Mode. Give me a calendar, give me options to edit names of players, tournaments, equipment, etc. We live in an era where we download rosters of uncompensated athletes. WWE 13 lets you download user creations. Guess what? Philly Mick won't do a deal to be in the game, lets create him and share him. Boom, fair use, EA disclaimer, and were playing with Mickelson in a career mode. As for the events, give me something to look foward to, give me the grand event, on the grandest stage of them all. Make it mean something, so I have the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat, all while Jim Nantz comforts me with his calm intensity.

5.) LET ME SET MY OUTFITS FOR THE FOUR ROUNDS OF THE TOURNAMENT. IM WEARING THE SAME CLOTHES ALL THE TIME AND I PROBABLY REEK LIKE TIGERS ARMPIT AFTER A 15 HOUR PRACTICE SESSION.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 10

BRB Calling Best Buy to Pre-Order.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash13
I bought Tiger Woods 13 when it was released, but I haven't played much at all since then. I pulled it back out the last week, and it really is a pretty damn good game. I'm glad I decided to give it a chance because I've enjoyed it! I'm even more excited now for Tiger Woods 14.
I hated the 13 demo and didn't buy the game new. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago on the cheap and it looks and plays amazing. Once you come to grips with the putting and part shots it really plays great. I popped in 12 the other day and cannot believe how much better 13 really is than that game. Looking forward to 14 now.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #37
Pro

pokerlife's Arena

OVR: 7

You guys are easy to please.. I wont but another Tiger game until they add real life swings for individual players..
have fun watching Keegan Bradley swing just like Tiger and the rest of the golfers in this game..

Also gets boring hitting every fairway and green .. Tiger 07 had the best swing mechanics you could actually miss a green if your swing wasn't perfect!

I would still be playing that online but EA took the servers down
Old 12-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #38
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Divotmaker: not sure if you can answer this but will Oak Hill east course be in the game this year, the sight of 2013 PGA championship? I'm buying the game regardless but it will be a bonus to have a course that is less than 20 minutes from my home in the game.
I am a friend of the head of the grounds comittee for Oak Hill and he told me that a team of folks came around to do GPS data gathering for the next version of the game (this was last summer). So that may not be 100% definitive but pretty close...
Old 12-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #39
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
John,

In the builds we played, did not see the improvements in the cameras that are planned as they weren't in yet. Plus there was a whole bunch of new commentary recorded that had not yet made it in the game either. But we did get to see what they plan to implement in the final build and I think they will be much improved along with the entire presentation....think "playing TW14 as if you are playing a PGA TOUR televised event"......
Tim, just knowledge that they are treating the camera production as a separate issue is reassuring. I wish you had gotten to see a preview of the options, but they will have had several months to work with their new approach before release.

"Playing TW 14 as a televised PGA Tour event" would be an interesting option, and certainly one I would prefer to the "Follow Cam" only option we have now in Live Tournament play, but I still hanker for a player perspective oriented presentation, where I'd be seeing the action unfold from my golfer's 'swing camera', transitioning to the golfer's "True-Aim" view... and then an option to cut to a downrange, panning camera view at my discretion. I just hope they have some camera configuration control options in this one.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

looks "promising", like every other let down...

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »