Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 to Feature Playoff Holes - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 to Feature Playoff Holes

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 to Feature Playoff Holes within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #17
MVP
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Jul 2002
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 to Feature Playoff Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by maafla1
Obnoxious in that you had to master a course in order to unlock it or get unlimited play on it. I don't have that much time. Just let me pay the $20 like I did in TW12 to download AND KEEP the courses I want.
You could have done that in TW13......I did. Guess you fail to realize that many users bought the DLC by playing enough to earn it for free, which had never been offered by EA before. Unfortunately, game reviewers blasted EA for it....go figure.

Last edited by DivotMaker; 02-03-2013 at 05:20 PM.
DivotMaker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #18
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
You could have done that in TW13......I did. Guess you fail to realize that many users bought the DLC by playing enough to earn it for free, which had never been offered by EA before. Unfortunately, game reviewers blasted EA for it....go figure.
How/where can I buy the extra courses? I never noticed it in the store. It seemed to me that I could only play and play and play to earn points. I just don't have that much time.
maafla1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #19
MVP
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Jul 2002
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 to Feature Playoff Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by maafla1
How/where can I buy the extra courses? I never noticed it in the store. It seemed to me that I could only play and play and play to earn points. I just don't have that much time.
I don't own a PS3, but I know they are purchased from the PS Store....
DivotMaker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #20
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I don't own a PS3, but I know they are purchased from the PS Store....
Actually, they are not. The only thing you can purchase from the PS Store are club/sponsor upgrades. No courses are there, I checked last week.
maafla1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #21
Rookie
 
kickingguru's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Dec 2004
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 to Feature Playoff Holes

On the PS3..... you could buy the course for 18000 coins in the same place that your "rented" the round.... you could not get them directly, but you could purchase coins that then purchased the course..... There were also packs of courses available at discounted rates "coins".....

The model was the best way to do it.... you could get the courses in one of 3 ways...

1. Buy the course outright for instant gratification...
2. "Rent" rounds with coins earned.. then master it to have the course for free
3. Buy pin packs from the "Store" and get all gold pins on a course... that would unlock the course, master it, and give you upgrades to boost pins...

It was a great system... the down sides were all issues people had with freezes on rented rounds, things not downloading right, and the fact that EA did not do a good enough job explaining to users how ..... Which would be maafla's main issue...

__________________
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
kickingguru is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #22
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingguru
On the PS3..... you could buy the course for 18000 coins in the same place that your "rented" the round.... you could not get them directly, but you could purchase coins that then purchased the course..... There were also packs of courses available at discounted rates "coins".....

The model was the best way to do it.... you could get the courses in one of 3 ways...

1. Buy the course outright for instant gratification...
2. "Rent" rounds with coins earned.. then master it to have the course for free
3. Buy pin packs from the "Store" and get all gold pins on a course... that would unlock the course, master it, and give you upgrades to boost pins...

It was a great system... the down sides were all issues people had with freezes on rented rounds, things not downloading right, and the fact that EA did not do a good enough job explaining to users how ..... Which would be maafla's main issue...
My issue is this...I don't care about purchasing equipment upgrades. Those I don't mind earning. Golf courses, however, I want to be able to purchase the add-on and be able to play on it as much as I want. That was the model that TW12 offered. In my view, the model in TW13 was absolutely convoluted.
maafla1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #23
Rookie
 
kickingguru's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Dec 2004
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 to Feature Playoff Holes

You can do that too.... You just have to buy the coins first... Instead of earning them... You can do ... exactly what you want to do... it is simply one more step... you have to buy the coins first... On the xbox... it was with MS points.....
__________________
Tiger 14 (Xbox 360)... Total Online Play Country Club... We have a forum/message board at www.TotalOnlinePlay.com ...one central place for questions, comments, feedback, and general trash talk :) To join, go there and request a spot....
kickingguru is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.

Top -