Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolie G
I thought I tried that. I don't think there was a gameplay setting option when i was in the connected tournament. Maybe I missed it, but I definitely looked for it and I was able to change it when I was playing in "offline" tournament.
Go into Gameplay Settings each time you start the demo and change the stick there so it is universal no matter if you are playing online or offline, but do it each time you exit the demo and restart the demo....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BagMan
A variety of camera options in a golf game should be mandatory.

Also, the core of the game is flawed. It should provide tremendous satisfaction as a reward for hitting the ball properly. The way it is currently, iron strikes sound like ground first then ball contact. it should be the opposite.

Same with the driver. The swing speed sounds too low for a professional golfer and the sound of the driver hitting the ball is too hollow.

In real golf, you can tell a good strike by the sound. A very satisfying sound.

If you had a baseball game where hitting a baseball doesnt feel right or is not satisfying, you would not play it very long.
Bagman i agree 100% with your comments regarding the sound made when hitting crisp shots. This is my major problem as of now with the game. I hope it gets fixed befor the release date. It sounds minor but its a huge deal imo.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #107
Rookie

cccgolfer08's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolie G
I thought I tried that. I don't think there was a gameplay setting option when i was in the connected tournament. Maybe I missed it, but I definitely looked for it and I was able to change it when I was playing in "offline" tournament.
You may just not have seen it because you actually have to scroll down farther than what is shown on the menu to see the option, you may not have went down to the bottom of the list to actually "scroll" through all the gameplay settings.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #108
Rookie

I may be an idiot because I don't use the Xbox a ton, more of a ps3 guy, but I searched for the demo on Xbox today and could not find it. I managed to find the tiger 13 demo, but I could not find the tiger 14 demo. Did it get taken down or something or am I just completely missing it?
Old 03-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #109
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love13
I may be an idiot because I don't use the Xbox a ton, more of a ps3 guy, but I searched for the demo on Xbox today and could not find it. I managed to find the tiger 13 demo, but I could not find the tiger 14 demo. Did it get taken down or something or am I just completely missing it?
Games/Browse Games/Demos/New Releases. Tiger 14 demo should be the first thing listed.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #110
Rookie

That's where I was just looking but it wasn't there, then I did a search for tiger woods and it pulled up everything ****** back to 2010 but nothing for 14. I'll go check again here in a minute. Hopefully I just overlooked it.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #111
Rookie

Just checked again, it's not there. I'm guessing there's some rhyme or reason as to why it's not there, but for now, I'm just out of luck on the Xbox version. I downloaded the ps3 version last night but I've always preferred the Xbox controller for this franchise because I feel the ps3 are too loose. I also want to try the kinect again after not playing it a ton last year.

Oh well, I guess I'll just keep checking back until it's on there again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #112
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

One thing that is annoying me is the fact that half the time you can't see where your putt goes after you make your putting stroke because your golf is in the way.... pisses me off to be honest.

Plus like others have said, the quick camera cuts after shots takes away from the immersion. Other than that, I love this demo!

EDIT: Saw this on the official forums, the demo shouldn't be this dark.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9338193.page

Quote:
Just wanted to break this one out. There are a fair amount of comments about the demo being dark. I was able to just confirm with our Art Director that there was indeed a pass to lighten up the darkest holes after the demo shipped. A final build was taken home by our environment lighter last night to compare to the demo and it is lighter than what you guys are currently seeing.

Hope that helps. Again, a lot is happening when the demo ships and it's hard for me to recall which changes were made before and which changes were made after the demo was cut off.

Last edited by SinisterAlex; 03-06-2013 at 06:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »