Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #337
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
I'm definitely shooting a few practice rounds at Augusta.

I've been just shooting practice rounds trying to level my golfer up some more. I can still only drive about 250 yards which makes playing from the black tees tough.

I assumed that my lack of birdies was due to the lack of distance off the tee, since I was usually hitting a longer iron for the 2nd shot. However I wanted to level up faster so I played a few rounds from the red tees (lol) and I noticed that approach shots were still tough from in close. Even in easy conditions it seems a lot harder to dial in really good approach shots that set up realistic birdie putts. It isn't like my approaches are terrible or anything, but there's a real challenge to get it close. I think my lack of points in the spin attribute are part of it too.

I finally had one round where I started to dial things in on Whistling Straights (again from the red tees, so lots of short, easy approaches). So far I'm really enjoying it.

Does anyone know what level your max power attributes go up? I'm at 75 max now and my golfer is level 60-something (I just got the game this week, but imported my XP from TW13).
For a power golfer the Max level is 95 for a 100 level golfer. Depending on your equipment and loft of your driver that should give you between 285-290 yds carry distance with your driver. If you are a control guy it should be about 20-25 yards less.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #338
Banned

Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taku
I'm still switching between weather options in my career. Seems like if something else than PreDetermined is chosen the Caddie book shows wrong conditions. If I choose weather to be Live and I can clearly see that weather is calm but the Caddie book shows Windy for example. Same thing with green speeds(not sure though).

Now this is not a game breaking problem but what I wonder is that is AI scoring tied to Predetermined weather or the actual weather?
I'm pretty sure the weather on predetermined is what the AI scoring goes by from my experience. I played a tourney in one day and the live weather was calm for all 4 rounds while the 3rd round showed windy in the caddie book and the AI golfers scores went up accordingly for that round.

So I would say what you see on the caddie book regarding greens and weather is what the AI scoring is based on and that is also based on predetermined weather and is the best option to choose if you want to play in the same conditions as the AI golfers. Random just seems to throw whatever weather it wants to on a round to round basis.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #339
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10

So I'm not just seeing things here. I played a round on PGA tour with Live weather in calm conditions and played 7 under par and caddie book showed windy conditions and whole field struggled to break par. It felt like I was cheating.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #340
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I'm pretty sure it's the top 25 on the money list that gets you in.
Taku and yourself, thank you. I looked what the real qualifications were online before I posted this and obviously they were just as you state. I guess I just didn't know if the game completely followed that. If that's the case I'll probably be going to year 3 in the web.com. My game is overall pretty good, I just can't read the puts correctly. I'm always one ball width left or right from draining my putts so I'm just a little off. This damn no putt grid is fun but extremely hard sometimes.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 04-12-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #341
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taku
So I'm not just seeing things here. I played a round on PGA tour with Live weather in calm conditions and played 7 under par and caddie book showed windy conditions and whole field struggled to break par. It felt like I was cheating.
Yeah, there is definitely a disconnect between what Live weather gives you and what the listed course conditions actually are.

For me though, it's been the reverse: I'm getting told conditions are calm, but I'm actually getting heavy winds (I'm not sure of the speed since I play without MPH showing, but the arrow and trees are moving considerably and shots are heavily impacted).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #342
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Taku and yourself, thank you. I looked what the real qualifications were online before I posted this and obviously they were just as you state. I guess I just didn't know if the game completely followed that. If that's the case I'll probably be going to year 3 in the web.com. My game is overall pretty good, I just can't read the puts correctly. I'm always one ball width left or right from draining my putts so I'm just a little off. This damn no putt grid is fun but extremely hard sometimes.
I don't want to put a fly in your ointment but one of the devs did state that the one year on the web.com tour counts as one of the seasons in career mode and there are only 10 seasons in career mode. By playing 3 years on the web.com tour you may only have 7 years left on the PGA tour.

Dont know for sure if repeating years on the web.com counts as an additional year but it may be a good idea to lower the AI scoring level just to get you over the hump onto the PGA tour. Granted the PGA season has a lot more tourneys but if you are heavily into career mode and plan on playing all the seasons then you may be shortchanging yourself a bit.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #343
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10

I played 2 seasons on web.com tour and now on Pga tour the year is 2013.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #344
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I don't want to put a fly in your ointment but one of the devs did state that the one year on the web.com tour counts as one of the seasons in career mode and there are only 10 seasons in career mode. By playing 3 years on the web.com tour you may only have 7 years left on the PGA tour.

Dont know for sure if repeating years on the web.com counts as an additional year but it may be a good idea to lower the AI scoring level just to get you over the hump onto the PGA tour. Granted the PGA season has a lot more tourneys but if you are heavily into career mode and plan on playing all the seasons then you may be shortchanging yourself a bit.
Well that's definitely good to know. Seems weird that it's only 10 seasons. Anyway I'm loving the challenge of the game and having to earn my way on the PGA Tour, so I'm not all that worried about going 3 seasons in the web.com. It will be really tedious if I do have to go to year 3 though because I'm pretty sick of playing these tournaments. I did just have two top 10 finishes at Valhalla and Pebble Beach on the web.com, which moved me from 73rd to 44th on the money list going into the final championship tournament. I'm hoping that it's possible to pull off a huge comeback and move into the top 25 from winning the tournament or finishing at least top 5. I don't think it will happen though. If I could actually hit putts 12 ft. or less consistently I would easily be in the PGA Tour by now. I'm just always a little off on my putts.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »