Home

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam, Soon For Consoles

This is a discussion on Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam, Soon For Consoles within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2016, 07:29 PM   #73
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam, Soon For Consoles

More details unfolded today concerning both user created and licensed course distribution for the console versions of JNPG. Andrew Jones, President and COO of Perfect Parallel, made the follow comment in the official forum about this:

"On the subject of user courses I cannot see any way MS would allow external files to be added. So that will leave us with approved DLC as the way to go. Unfortunately to ensure that all courses meet the minimum FPS standards we will probably have to work on a number of the user courses before they could be added to DLC. In addition I cant see real courses being added unless we have a license which is why we have started working so hard on getting these licenses coming in although we are not in a position to pay anything up front for them

So it will be a bit of a wait and see exercise I am sure as to what can and cannot be included."

I then asked if the DLC for user made courses could be offered as "free" DLC, to which he responded:

"To the extent that we dont incur costs and user courses have no licensing issues I see no reason why we would not bundle them as Free DLC for consoles. There will be licensed courses where we have to pay for the license where they will be Paid DLC. IF the paid DLC is popular we will get more licenses and release more real courses. One fo the advantages of where we are today is courses we are negotiating with today will be for all platforms.

We are currently in negotiations with Quail Hollow, Congressional and Royal Troon. It is highly likely these will be paid DLC due to licensing needs. If the volume of downloads is high enough we will continue to push for these deals and the more evidence we have of volume the easier it is for us to reduce the cost of the license per course which of course makes the DLC cheaper. If the volume is not there then we will probably go with a different approach for consoles"

I don't know about you guys, but this sounds like a pretty equitable solution to the obstacles that Perfect Parallel would face with the prospect of storing user created content on a PS4 or XBox One owner's hard drive that was transmitted via PSN or XBox Live.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:08 AM   #74
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

photo hosting sites Some great pot bunker work being done in course forge - only the beginning.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:50 PM   #75
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Some great pot bunker work being done in course forge - only the beginning.
That will add another level of distinction to JNPG... looks really good!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2016, 02:27 PM   #76
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
That will add another level of distinction to JNPG... looks really good!
Agreed - to make these user created course look as authentic is possible, this is good step in the right direction. Especially when European courses start becoming a bit more well represented.
Old 05-23-2016, 02:49 PM   #77
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Agreed - to make these user created course look as authentic is possible, this is good step in the right direction. Especially when European courses start becoming a bit more well represented.
Can you imagine how good Mick-S's Carroch Loch is going to look with pot bunkers of this caliber in it!?
Old 05-23-2016, 03:14 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 0

It'll be interesting to see how the game plays with these revetted bunkers.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:53 PM   #79
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
It'll be interesting to see how the game plays with these revetted bunkers.
I just played the beta version of Carroch Loch, which was largely inspired by Carnoustie. Its creator is planning updating the gently sloped bunkers current on the course with these more appropriate pot bunkers, once they're made available in Course Forge. I got cold chills just thinking how good and atmospheric this course is going to look with them in the motif. I also got the shakes thinking about how many strokes I would have lost with inordinate amount of bunker shots I had to play in my first round there today!

Pot bunkers will definitely ratchet up the difficulty, but that's what they're supposed to do!
Old 05-23-2016, 04:17 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I just played the beta version of Carroch Loch, which was largely inspired by Carnoustie. Its creator is planning updating the gently sloped bunkers current on the course with these more appropriate pot bunkers, once they're made available in Course Forge. I got cold chills just thinking how good and atmospheric this course is going to look with them in the motif. I also got the shakes thinking about how many strokes I would have lost with inordinate amount of bunker shots I had to play in my first round there today!

Pot bunkers will definitely ratchet up the difficulty, but that's what they're supposed to do!
I'm not sure the golfer animation will render to well up against the face of a pot bunker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »