Home

The Golf Club 2 - Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2 - Impressions Thread within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2018, 11:26 PM   #465
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: The Golf Club 2 - Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
Depending on what you're looking for, maybe check out TGCTours.com. I'm a big fan and a part of their CC-Am society in the game. I get the feeling that it's a little different than what the creators envision for Societies though.
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:19 AM   #466
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10

Picked this up and enjoying it but the swing mechanic is confusing me a little and wondering if anyone else has this occur/what to do about it.

Started on the lowest clubs but having played golf games for a while, quickly felt comfortable with the tour clubs. Although I don't think this has anything to do with what clubs you play with as I was getting it on all.

Basically, swing path right, ball going left or swing path left, ball going right. Wind a non-factor as sometimes the wind is assisting.

I can't figure it out. I get the simple mechanic of a swing path right and ball goes right but a swing path right and ball goes left does not make any sense when the wind is also right. Or I'll hit a straight shot and it'll go hard right like when you really hook it. Just a bad strike?

Anyone else get this?

Last edited by donkey33; 01-20-2018 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:42 PM   #467
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

Player clubs are the most often used. Tour Clubs are highly sensitive. Sometimes the servers lag. Just reboot the game as your progress is saved automatically. There isn't much discussion here about the game. I will message you the links for the active boards as I do not believe that is permitted on this forum.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:51 PM   #468
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
Picked this up and enjoying it but the swing mechanic is confusing me a little and wondering if anyone else has this occur/what to do about it.

Started on the lowest clubs but having played golf games for a while, quickly felt comfortable with the tour clubs. Although I don't think this has anything to do with what clubs you play with as I was getting it on all.

Basically, swing path right, ball going left or swing path left, ball going right. Wind a non-factor as sometimes the wind is assisting.

I can't figure it out. I get the simple mechanic of a swing path right and ball goes right but a swing path right and ball goes left does not make any sense when the wind is also right. Or I'll hit a straight shot and it'll go hard right like when you really hook it. Just a bad strike?

Anyone else get this?
Swing tempo on the downswing plays a huge role too. Are you seeing slow or very slow feedback on the swing meter? If so that will cause the ball to go naturally right, and in reverse a fast or very fast downswing will force the ball to the left. If you are seeing perfect/perfect in those situations then I'm not sure, especially with no wind and straight swings

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

PSN: hoos4974
Old 01-21-2018, 11:12 PM   #469
MVP

donkey33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raneman85
Player clubs are the most often used. Tour Clubs are highly sensitive. Sometimes the servers lag. Just reboot the game as your progress is saved automatically. There isn't much discussion here about the game. I will message you the links for the active boards as I do not believe that is permitted on this forum.
Thanks, will look into them.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:14 PM   #470
MVP

donkey33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoos
Swing tempo on the downswing plays a huge role too. Are you seeing slow or very slow feedback on the swing meter? If so that will cause the ball to go naturally right, and in reverse a fast or very fast downswing will force the ball to the left. If you are seeing perfect/perfect in those situations then I'm not sure, especially with no wind and straight swings

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
Really?

Well I guess that could explain it some. I'm pretty much always in the fast/very fast if it's not a perfect swing. Have never seen slow or very slow.

In the game I just finish, I had a terrible hard right swing so from 6pm at the bottom to say, 3pm at the top and the ball went hard left like I had finished the swing at 10pm.

I guess that could explain why some are going opposite of the swing path. Not sure I exactly like it though.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:17 PM   #471
Rookie

GreenLightning's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
Really?

Well I guess that could explain it some. I'm pretty much always in the fast/very fast if it's not a perfect swing. Have never seen slow or very slow.

In the game I just finish, I had a terrible hard right swing so from 6pm at the bottom to say, 3pm at the top and the ball went hard left like I had finished the swing at 10pm.

I guess that could explain why some are going opposite of the swing path. Not sure I exactly like it though.

All sorts of things can happen with the swing. I play with the controller on the inverted setting so If I swing as a right hander to the left on the downswing that is on the left side of the cone or worse the ball will all things being equal go to the left.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2018, 07:59 PM   #472
MVP

donkey33's Arena

Yeah, I've really started to notice how important the swing speed is. For some reason I was swinging quicker out of the rough thinking I had to really hit it out but the very fast/fast swing was causing issues but I'm only now understanding it.

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »