Home

The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR Gameplay Video - TPC Southwind, Hole 18

This is a discussion on The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR Gameplay Video - TPC Southwind, Hole 18 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2018, 04:47 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR Gameplay Video - TPC Southwind, Hole 18

HB Studios has released a new gameplay video, showing off TPC Southwind at hole 18. The...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 07-13-2018 at 07:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2018, 10:01 AM   #2
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA Tour Gameplay Video - TPC Southwind, Hole 18

The most common criticism I'm reading of these videos over the last two weeks is the ease with which the birdies are being scored. Shaun West, the Producer of the game said in the official forum that this video was made with the player using "Pro" clubs, which is the medium difficulty. He also said they were using multiple takes to get the shot result they wanted for the video.

Why you'd want to show somebody carving up the course this easily for demonstration purposes doesn't make sense to me, it is what they're after apparently, and they probably know more about marketing than I do. I'm a hard core golfer, and golf gamer, and I want to see something that represents the true difficulty of the game more than the casual gamer. I have to keep reminding myself of that as I watch this unfold.

One other thing noteworthy about this video at TPC Southwind is that it's limited to 1080p, while the previous two were available with 2160p. It makes a difference, even in a compressed You Tube video. The sun behind the clouds also creates an eerie light effect and bland contrast. I don't think they've got the lighting where they want it yet, as they've maintained that a lighting pass will be among the last items to tend to before release.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:10 PM   #3
Rookie

GreenLightning's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA Tour Gameplay Video - TPC Southwind, Hole 18

So my guess is they don't show a punch shot a long iron out of a fairway bunker or a flop shot before release. As time goes along I find myself more in the camp of changing this tempo swing. It just feels too slow to me.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:22 PM   #4
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLightning
So my guess is they don't show a punch shot a long iron out of a fairway bunker or a flop shot before release. As time goes along I find myself more in the camp of changing this tempo swing. It just feels too slow to me.
It's hard to predict what they're going to do, but I'd love to see some streaming video of an average player playing like three or four holes. I've read the tempo has been tuned since the stress test beta I participated in, so I can't hazard a guess there.

I thought it was harder to get the tempo perfect/perfect in the stress test beta, but I also found the penalties for not getting it right, particularly the oft fatal perfect/fast were not as severe as what we now have in TGC 2. I'd imagine this has been changed from the stress test beta as well, so I'm not sure what we're going to wind up with. I hope it's an improvement from what they had with TGC 2, because it's on the right track, but it would be nice for it to require more intuition to execute.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:49 AM   #5
Banned

lions67's Arena

I think people are missing the point of these videos.
It isn’t about how easy it seems to get birdies, it’s about showing the hole and I guess the new apparel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2018, 06:07 PM   #6

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
I think people are missing the point of these videos.
It isn’t about how easy it seems to get birdies, it’s about showing the hole and I guess the new apparel.
No one is missing the point of the videos.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:58 PM   #7
Banned

lions67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
No one is missing the point of the videos.
Then I guess we can just zip it then.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:37 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2
Does the PGA season include real players or an ability to add real life players?* *It doesn't sound fun being a rival to Fogell Mclovin an organ donor from Hawaii.**

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »