Home

New Golf Club content or game info dropped by producer

This is a discussion on New Golf Club content or game info dropped by producer within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-09-2020, 02:25 PM   #9
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Golf Club content or game info dropped by producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
A new golf game would be a good thing. Even a major update would be a good thing.

The swing control system needs major love. Especially for the short game. It's clunky, unresponsive, and unfun. Tiger's was significantly better. As always, still I think a click-based swing should be included as an option. The devs should be doing everything possible to encourage people to play the game and there's a split in golf game players between those who like analog sticks vs. clicking. Frankly, the analog swing has kept me from playing this series and I adore golf games.

At this point I highly doubt that HB would do anything about the swing mechanics for this game. After playing Rory the past month I gotta say it is hard to come back to TGC. Please include an option for 3 click if you make another game. Another thing. Played a round this morning at Firethorn moderate fairways moderate greens. Man it's like playing in a parking lot. Balls bouncing and running everywhere. Game looks dated too compared to EA's Rory with the Frostbite engine.

I highly doubt I would buy their next effort unless it knocked my jock off.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:25 PM   #10
MVP

Personally I wish TGC would try to copy the RTS-C swing from Perfect Golf as closely as possible (and make it as real-time as possible also - i.e. no lag)

The amount of subtle shot control I have at my disposable with the controller stick swing in PG is insanely good.

There's tons of nuance there that really rewards shot and swing experience and skill in a massive variety of situations.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:36 PM   #11
MVP

Also - just add in 3-click already..

Why be polarizing on this for no great reason or benefit.

Let people play however they want and cast a wide net.

We need more people playing golf games, not less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2020, 06:02 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

TGC brings you "Mygolfer". You create your own golfer (just like NBA 2K my career). You can grind out various attributes, apparel, balls, equipment and compete in a variety of online golf events. To upgrade your golfer you will need VC which can be earned or purchased. You can also play as past or present golfers in the new "Myplayer" card collecting mode by collecting their cards. Want to play as a young Jack Nicklaus bronze 80 ovr card, upgrade to his historic 1986 Masters card (85ovr), or how about the emerald Tiger Woods 2005 card 99 (ovr).

Okay, I totally 100% made that all up obviously but I still wonder if that could eventually be a direction for the game.

It would go against what the game currently is with everyone on a "level playing field." But it would not surprise me to see 2K try and use their NBA 2K success into other sports games or the popular money making modes from other sports games.

Regardless, I was happy to hear the news something new coming. I am hungry for some new sim golf games or additions. Hoping it ends up being something that interests me.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:36 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew101
TGC brings you "Mygolfer". You create your own golfer (just like NBA 2K my career).

This would certainly spice up the game a lot.
Old 04-16-2020, 08:52 PM   #14
Rookie

Spitfirex007's Arena

OVR: 1

I just checked their twitter and social media the other day. Hasn't been anything posted since Sept. I honestly thought the company packed up and moved on. At this point, not sure I want another game. I enjoy the TGC19. But they've completely abandon their game and their fan base. I don't like spending money on games that don't get post release support.

Now if we see some DLC and they show us maybe they're back. I might be interested in TGC 21. Right now I just want real clubs and gear. Don't really care about actually pro golfers or courses being in the game. Plenty of great courses to play via user content.
Old 04-16-2020, 10:08 PM   #15
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

I would 100% pay for DLC for more real PGA courses. Obviously Augusta is likely too expensive but give me Pebble, Bethpage, Firestone, Pinehurst, Whistling Straits. I'm down for any of them.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2020, 10:28 AM   #16
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDKiiing
I would 100% pay for DLC for more real PGA courses. Obviously Augusta is likely too expensive but give me Pebble, Bethpage, Firestone, Pinehurst, Whistling Straits. I'm down for any of them.
To be fair, there already are some really good recreations of all these courses in the game done by course designers. The highest-rated Pebble Beach is amazing, as is "Firethorn National", aka Augusta. I, personally, don't think courses are the issue.

Where I get frustrated is playing the Career Mode with unlicensed golfers on the leaderboard, an uneditable PGA Tour schedule, lack of majors licensing, etc. Not to mention no licensed clubs, minimal licensed apparel options, and no licensed equipment like golf balls, grips, and more. A big update that would add some of these things would do wonders for my enjoyment of the game.

I went back and played TW 12, and the fact that there are sponsorships with many major equipment and apparel brands - Cleveland Golf, TaylorMade, Nike, Callaway, Mizuno. This was 8+ years ago. To have a PGA Tour-licensed game missing a lot of this ruins the realism. Not to mention, when you actually play tournaments in TW12, you're up against names you recognize.

TGC 2019 has the PGA Tour license and does not use it properly at all. Sure, TGC Tours adds some replayability to the game, but if I'm not playing my rounds for the week in that, I'm probably not playing TGC 2019.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 04-17-2020 at 12:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »