Home

PGA Tour 2K21 Career Mode AI Settings

This is a discussion on PGA Tour 2K21 Career Mode AI Settings within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2020, 05:39 PM   #17
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PGA Tour 2K21 Career Mode AI Settings

Yea i know, fully agree. I think they said 87/40/20 ratio with hard conditions is the best route for the time being. I think I'm gonna go 85/40/20 for Q school and then boost it to 87 once I make the tour
Old 09-10-2020, 04:14 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Oof...that's some pretty damning research there about how the career mode sim engine is essentially broken - or at the very least, super heavily skewed toward the licensed golfers winning tons of times on Tour. I know the old TW games really boosted Tiger's ability and made him win a lot, and it seems 2K is doing the same thing for Justin Thomas here...

Looks like, from that Reddit research anyway, I will be changing my settings to 80% CPU skill, 40% CPU Event Skill Deviation, and 20% CPU Round Skill Deviation. Eventually, I can adjust the course settings to make things a little harder, and maybe bump up CPU skill, if needed.

I have proved the CPU AI in this game is not really playing each shot alongside us, by posting in the 2K/HB official 2K21 forum and asking for a dev or official from 2K/HB to tell me I am wrong, tell me that the CPU AI is genuinely in the background playing each shot.

Proof being not a single person has replied to me.

Also, look at the games credits.

Something like 1548 staff across 2K/HB were involved in creating the game............and not a single one of them is an "AI coder/programmer".

Simple as that, they have lied to us and the CPU skill level we can set only determines which of the pre-canned/recorded shots we see the Pros play, i.e. higher CPU skill level, the highlights show more and more putts that get holed. Lower it, and you get more shots that go close.

But u still constantly see the exact same ball trajectory, i.e. its the same recorded shots.

This clearly is the reason the game CANNOT at any stage have an update to it where we get given an exhibiton type mode where we can see every CPU AI Pro shot.....

HB only used Ghost balls in the previous games, so they have never ever employed an AI coder/programmer since they started doing the Golf Club games.

Last edited by dazzer169; 09-10-2020 at 04:17 PM.
Old 09-11-2020, 09:41 AM   #19
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

I am just about halfway through my first career mode season, using 82/40/20 as my settings, and leaving everything else default. I play 2 round events, except for playing 4 rounds in the majors. I am currently 3 rounds into the first major of the year, the Legends Championship (aka The Masters).

Adam Scott is the FedEx Cup points leader with 3,150. Justin Thomas is second with 2,856, Bryson DeChambeau third with 1,995, and Patrick Reed fourth with 1,912. My character is fifth with 1,818.

The last event I finished was the Valero Texas Open, in which Denny McCarthy won with -12. I was in a three-way tie for second with JT and Marc Leishman at -6. The six-shot win was the largest margin of victory I've seen so far in the season.

Adam Scott leads the way with wins, winning 4 times on tour already this season. BDC has 3 wins, JT also has 3. Reed has 2, and there are several tied with 1.

In the Legends Championship, here's how things look after 3 rounds:

Round 1
Fabian Gomez -5
Adam Scott -4
Billy Horschel -3
Six tied at -2

Round 2
Fabian Gomez -10
Adam Scott -8
Stewart Cink -5
Matthew Fitzpatrick -4
Two tied at -3

Round 3
Fabian Gomez -15
Adam Scott -10
MyPlayer -8
Two tied at -5

Also, I don't know what is causing it, but there is something wrong with the cut line. The cut for my tournament was +11...and only two people were cut! The Legends Championship is supposed to have a field of 98, but only 53 names were on the leaderboard. 51 made the cut...just J.T. Poston and Rickie Fowler were sent home early.

And I looked to see where our overpowered coverboy Justin Thomas is after three rounds - he's T27 at +6.

So, some good things to take away, but some oddities still remain.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 09-11-2020 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-11-2020, 03:03 PM   #20
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Ok...Just finished the final round. Fabian Gomez went wire-to-wire, shooting a 5-under 67 every day to win the tournament with a final score of -20.

I feel as though the max settings for the round AI scoring deviation might make scores a bit too stretched out. I think the Top 10 had folks in it that shot over par, so they were essentially more than 20 shots back and still finished "close" to the leader. Might have to do some tweaking.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:27 PM   #21
Rookie

Icon5 Re: PGA Tour 2K21 Career Mode AI Settings

Sorry if i i missed it already, but does CPU attendance effect the size of the players in each event,,like if 90% gives you a field of 80 players will lowering CPU attendance change it to say,,60 players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2020, 07:20 PM   #22
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleever44
Sorry if i i missed it already, but does CPU attendance effect the size of the players in each event,,like if 90% gives you a field of 80 players will lowering CPU attendance change it to say,,60 players?
CPU attendance is described as modifying the likelihood that players attend events. So, if set to 90%, I'd take this to mean that there's a 90% chance any given player plays in a given event.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 09-15-2020 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:44 PM   #23
Rookie

Hmm, , maybe. I saw that on game as well. I guess i'll just have to change it and find out. I hate when these developers give you really vague descriptions in the description box as to what different options do in the menu.
Old 09-17-2020, 05:15 PM   #24
Rookie

Well I increased it all the way to 100% And I could tell no difference at all. So for now I guess it'll remain a mystery. I would say all in all though as far as the game goes, I do enjoy it much more than I did "The Club". Also the per round amount of coins you can earn is pretty non existant. I guess when you get to be higher levels you end up playing two rounds or maybe even more for the same amount of coins each level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »