Home

The Best Fantasy Courses in PGA Tour 2K21

This is a discussion on The Best Fantasy Courses in PGA Tour 2K21 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2021, 01:58 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: The Best Fantasy Courses in PGA Tour 2K21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
I don't expect them to drop the PGA Tour after selling 2M copies of their game that went more all-in on PGA Tour licensing.
I don't expect them to either, but they need to either go bananas "all in" or bail.

The middle ground and somewhat half-arsed PGA implementation they've done so far will get annihilated when compared to what EA will do.

People can love/hate EA all they want, but I think the smart money says they learned from a misstep and early kill on Rory and they will revert heavily toward the previous TW 12/13/14 direction of things -- which were AWESOME on the PGA content side.

What 2k has done PGA wise thus far, will look ridiculous in comparison.

The stakes have been raised substantially and I hope 2K rises to meet the new challenge here..

or..

I hope they go the "Super Mega Golf" route and really lean in to the course creator and user created content/tours/careers/modding, etc. A game like that could potentially be **more** amazing than a licensed game (considering the restrictions that licensing tends to impose).
Old 04-16-2021, 04:52 AM   #10
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
I don't expect them to either, but they need to either go bananas "all in" or bail.

The middle ground and somewhat half-arsed PGA implementation they've done so far will get annihilated when compared to what EA will do.

People can love/hate EA all they want, but I think the smart money says they learned from a misstep and early kill on Rory and they will revert heavily toward the previous TW 12/13/14 direction of things -- which were AWESOME on the PGA content side.

What 2k has done PGA wise thus far, will look ridiculous in comparison.

The stakes have been raised substantially and I hope 2K rises to meet the new challenge here..

or..

I hope they go the "Super Mega Golf" route and really lean in to the course creator and user created content/tours/careers/modding, etc. A game like that could potentially be **more** amazing than a licensed game (considering the restrictions that licensing tends to impose).

I think hot shots golf fills that void pretty well. At the end of the day, I’m just reserving judgment until we get more info. Still sticking with that the course creator will be gone.
Old 04-16-2021, 10:07 AM   #11
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
I think hot shots golf fills that void pretty well. At the end of the day, I知 just reserving judgment until we get more info. Still sticking with that the course creator will be gone.

I prefer Hot Shots on the PS2 actually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2021, 06:38 PM   #12
Banned

lions67's Arena

Quote:
Agree with above

2K/HB would be smart to punt on PGA side of things and go back to allowing users to customize all things.

Based upon what's already announced by EA re: PGA stuff and what we likely know is coming in terms of visuals...It's not going to go well if 2k tries to compete on the PGA side of things unless they massively up their spending and completely overhaul things from a technical standpoint.

That takes a very expensive long game approach to this and it's unclear if 2k are up for that.

It's also very unclear if HB staff is even capable of doing the build that's needed here.
See: "leaderboards"
Lmao!!
Such a cheerleader for EA lol
Old 04-16-2021, 10:28 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
Lmao!!
Such a cheerleader for EA lol
Oh I知 sorry...

Did I miss the announcement where 2K locked up all the majors and announced Augusta and Pebble?
Old 04-17-2021, 01:05 PM   #14
MVP

jbd345's Arena

Quote:
Oh I’m sorry...

Did I miss the announcement where 2K locked up all the majors and announced Augusta and Pebble?
Augusta obviously no. EA has exclusive rights to “all 4” that doesn’t exactly mean 2k misses out on the other three. I don’t think it’s fair to assume they didn’t, when we have zero info on 2k22. With 2 million copies sold, I’m sure they’ll be spending for course/tourney rights.

Last edited by jbd345; 04-17-2021 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-17-2021, 01:58 PM   #15
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Augusta obviously no. EA has exclusive rights to “all 4” that doesn’t exactly mean 2k misses out on the other three. I don’t think it’s fair to assume they didn’t, when we have zero info on 2k22. With 2 million copies sold, I’m sure they’ll be spending for course/tourney rights.
This is straight from the horse's mouth: "EA SPORTS PGA TOUR is the exclusive home of all four majors including the Masters Tournament, the PGA Championship, U.S. Open Championship, and The Open Championship." - https://www.ea.com/games/pga-tour

That doesn't sound like there's any kind of weird semantics that say that EA exclusively has the 4 majors, but doesn't have exclusive rights to the individual majors...I would think that would be worded in a much different way.

I think this is pretty straightforward - EA has the rights to the majors exclusively. 2K has the rights to Tiger Woods exclusively. Simple as that.

And if 2K did have rights to any of the majors, I would have expected them to have immediately countered the EA Augusta news with the fact that they had rights to, say, The Open Championship.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 04-17-2021 at 02:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2021, 02:02 AM   #16
MVP

jbd345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
This is straight from the horse's mouth: "EA SPORTS PGA TOUR is the exclusive home of all four majors including the Masters Tournament, the PGA Championship, U.S. Open Championship, and The Open Championship." - https://www.ea.com/games/pga-tour

That doesn't sound like there's any kind of weird semantics that say that EA exclusively has the 4 majors, but doesn't have exclusive rights to the individual majors...I would think that would be worded in a much different way.

I think this is pretty straightforward - EA has the rights to the majors exclusively. 2K has the rights to Tiger Woods exclusively. Simple as that.

And if 2K did have rights to any of the majors, I would have expected them to have immediately countered the EA Augusta news with the fact that they had rights to, say, The Open Championship.
Maybe. I feel like they値l have something to pull people away from EA. I知 sure they knew EA had the majors before that announcement. Everybody likes there own news cycle. I知 in no way trying to defend 2k, they have had plenty of missteps with 2k21. Hopefully we have two great golf games next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »