Home

The Career of Bryan Hurst (NHL 09: Be A Pro)

This is a discussion on The Career of Bryan Hurst (NHL 09: Be A Pro) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2008, 09:34 PM   #73
Dibs!

Madman55's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The Career of Bryan Hurst (NHL 09: Be A Pro)

I'm guessing your lucky it was just your hand then?

Old 11-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #74
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by star king3
well why didnt you use your other hand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman55
I'm guessing your lucky it was just your hand then?
Star, I should have head-butted him!

Yes, I guess you could say I was lucky but the other driver and his passenger weren't injured at all so I'm not that lucky.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:01 PM   #75
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

Game Five: Rockford at Milwaukee

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2008, 08:47 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 44

n i c e NICE
Old 11-27-2008, 06:15 PM   #77
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

That got ugly fast.

I'm not a dirty player. I can't stand players who don't respect their opponents and take cheap shots. Some guys have been known to deliberately try to go after players existing injuries. If they know a player is recovering from a broken wrist, they won't hesitate to slash the player across the wrist. If they know someone has a bad shoulder, they'll look to slam into that shoulder.

That's why in the NHL teams are very reluctant to reveal the extend of players injuries, except to indicate that a player has a lower body injury or an upper body injury.

I don't want you to think I deliberately tried to injure Matt Ellison. I'm sure you have seen by now that the Milwaukee Admirals skater had to be helped off the ice after I bodychecked him.

A few of the Admirals were swearing at me every chance they got after that hit. A few of them said they were going to make me pay. I would tell you exactly what they said but I don't want to litter this with swearing.

Do you think I should have got a penalty for boarding? I don't. But I can understand why they were were upset -- you always have to stand up for a fallen teammate.

After I scored on the wraparound goal, they became irate. You could see the rage in their eyes. Somebody on Milwaukee's bench said I better arrange for a closed coffin at my funeral now because after they were done with me no one would want to look at my face.

When Triston Grant said "Let's go" that was enough for me. It was time for my second fight of the season. This time you probably noticed I was smart enough to make sure we didn't have the puck in the offensive zone before dropping the gloves.

I can't believe I've already been in two fights in five games. I barely fought at all in junior hockey.

Our bench was going absolutely bonkers after the bout like I had just found Omar bin Laden and brought him to justice.

"One punch, Hurst!" said Kris Versteeg. "You knocked him flat with one punch."

The joy was shortlived as I was absolutely destroyed on a bodycheck at the blueline when I got out of the penalty box. As you saw I hit my head pretty hard on the ice. I was pretty useless after that. I don't think I even got a shot off in the shootout. To tell you the truth I barely remember the shootout.

Fortunately, we won in the shootout. Coach Peters said he wants to see me tomorrow. I wonder what he wants.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:28 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Another classic and I am so late to the scene - time to catch up! Love the video man, that game sounds amazing, I wish I could figure out a way to record my sound - but the tv tuner (DScaler) doesn't seem to configure sound properly. Any advice on what software you use?

Keep it up.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:35 PM   #79
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Another classic and I am so late to the scene - time to catch up! Love the video man, that game sounds amazing, I wish I could figure out a way to record my sound - but the tv tuner (DScaler) doesn't seem to configure sound properly. Any advice on what software you use?

Keep it up.
I use a Hava Platinum Record. You can Google it for more info. What do you use to capture your video and screenshots?
Old 11-27-2008, 10:08 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
I use a Hava Platinum Record. You can Google it for more info. What do you use to capture your video and screenshots?
That is a good setup then - I have considered upgrading, I am currently using an ATI All-In Wonder HD Tv Tuner, have had it a while now. The software that came with it was not good for gaming because the delay would be unbearable. So the best software that I know of out there is DSCALER - which is what I use, but unfortunately no sound.

Sorry for the tech talk on your BAP - if you have any suggestions or pointers about the Hava, pm me - or I'll pm you.

Let's get an update when you are feeling better

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »