Home

The Story of "The King" - Kyle King

This is a discussion on The Story of "The King" - Kyle King within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
Dibs!

Madman55's Arena

OVR: 12
The Story of "The King" - Kyle King

Boston, MA
June 19th, 2008 - 1 Day Before Draft

Well, today my family and I drove to the airport to catch a plane to fly to Canada. We were heading to Ottawa, Ontario for the 2008 NHL entry draft. The draft isn't till tomorrow, but we want to get there early.

We boarded the plane, and flew to Ottawa. This was my first time in Canada, so it was a bit different. There was a lot of normal cars being driven by citizens, and there were no igloos or dogsleds. I was in disbelief. I HAD to take pictures to show my friends back home. After our arrival, we got a taxi and went to our hotel and checked in. We had a nice poolside room. After we were in, we headed out for supper. When we arrived at the restaurant, my dad was in absolute disbelief when he could get his favorites from home. Once we had eaten, we went back to the hotel. I stayed in the room while my parents and sister went swimming. I watched TSN's pre-draft report. They were saying I was ranked 45th overall. At the moment, the Carolina Hurricanes owned that pick. I've always dreaded being drafted by them.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
Dibs!

Madman55's Arena

Re: The Story of "The King" - Kyle King

Ottawa, ON
June 20th - First day of Draft

Well, here we are. The day that determines my future. If I get drafted I have a potential chance at an NHL Career. If I don't get drafted, I either give up hockey or hope that I can get a contract offer overseas.

The Tampa Bay Lightning owned the Number 1 overall pick. They picked some Canadian guy named Steven Stamkos. Drew Doughty was a King, Zach Bogosian was a Thrasher. My Bruins had the 16th overall pick. They picked Joe Colborne. The rest of the round was pretty quiet. Round 2 was where I was getting nervous - I was ranked to go within the next 15 picks. I slipped past the 45 rank, but instead was drafted at 47th overall. I WAS A BOSTON BRUIN! MY HOMETOWN TEAM PICKED ME! Peter Chiarelli, Claude Jullien and Zdeno Chara walked up to the podium and then Chara walked to the microphone and said 'The Boston Bruins are proud to select - Right Winger, Kyle King" I exploded out of my seat. Hugged my parents and sister who actually said Congratulations and began to cry as I walked down to the stage. I shook hands with all 3 of them, and then had pictures taken. My Bruins jersey felt nice, knowing soon I would have my own gameworn jersey.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
Dibs!

Madman55's Arena

Boston,MA
June 23rd, 2008

I drove to the TD Banknorth Garden for a meeting with Coach Jullien and Mr. Chiarelli. I walked in and Mr. Chiarelli was waiting by the door for me. He led me to his office, and then told me to sit down. I sat down and he said first - Contract discussions. You'll most likely be starting off with our AHL Affiliate, the Providence Bruins. I said ok, but was confused in my mind "I'm a second round pick" I thought. He continued, so we're willing to give you a 2-way contract, so you won't have to worry about waivers this year. How about 1-year, $40,000 in the AHL and $875,000 when you're with the big club? I agreed. I was now officialy with the Bruins orginisation.

Mr. Chiarelli then called in another big guy. This guy was Rob Murray, head coach of Providence. We shook hands to greet each other. He said "Welcome to the team kid. We've set some goals for you to reach this year. For your playing style they shouldn't be hard to obtain." I said "What are these goals you have set for me this season coach?" He rattled off my goals:

Firstly - 28 Goals is a MUST! We will not accept any less than this.
Second - 140 Hits is also Mandatory! You hit alot, so this should be accomplished very easy.
Third - 63 Points. We will be more lenient with this one, but it will be big at the end of the year, so give it your all.
Lastly - 175 Shots. I don't care if you end up with 175 shots and 28 goals, or 28 shots and 28 goals. This one is of little importance.
"Be Ready Kid - Be at the Dunkin' Donuts Arena for 8:10AM, we're gonna have orientation for rookies and first year bruins"

Old 07-01-2009, 12:06 AM   #4
Rookie

jjo556's Arena

OVR: 6

This is good so far, but if you want a suggeestion, try longer sentences instead of short choppy ones. But this is good, it'll be interesting to see a Boston BAP.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:30 AM   #5
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeah good start, but Steven Stamkos isn't exactly, "some Canadian".
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 03:07 AM   #6
Pro

FlyersFan30's Arena

OVR: 14

This is a good start but I agree with Knee Boy, try to make the sentences flow and describe things more.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:11 AM   #7
Dibs!

Madman55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke_311
Yeah good start, but Steven Stamkos isn't exactly, "some Canadian".
Its being from an American standpoint who is completely arrogant towards Canada and it's lifestyle.

Quote:
There was a lot of normal cars being driven by citizens, and there were no igloos or dogsleds. I was in disbelief. I HAD to take pictures to show my friends back home.
And the updates will be better once the actual games/practices/life get going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »