Home

OBG's St. Louis Blues & the NHL (NHL 11)

This is a discussion on OBG's St. Louis Blues & the NHL (NHL 11) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2010, 04:06 PM   #17
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: OBG's St. Louis Blues & the NHL (NHL 11)

I was a bit surprised to see Frolov go to NY. I thought with the Kings loosing the Kovalchuck Fiesta, he would stay in LA. No big deal, as long as he dosn't light up Dan Ellis/Mike Smith this year...
Old 07-30-2010, 05:32 PM   #18
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

For some reason I don't see Frolov doing very well in New York. Call it a hunch...
Old 07-30-2010, 09:49 PM   #19
Pro

Vipers2k9's Arena

OVR: 11

OBG I see the flu has gotten to a dangerous level. My flu started a couple of weeks ago and is slowing building. The boy's from H-Town will return soon with a new 'chise soon like last year's. and just like last year's the video's will return...
Old 07-30-2010, 10:03 PM   #20
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers2k9
OBG I see the flu has gotten to a dangerous level. My flu started a couple of weeks ago and is slowing building. The boy's from H-Town will return soon with a new 'chise soon like last year's. and just like last year's the video's will return...
Yeah, I like to get started early so I don't have to do a bunch of work when the game comes out...I can just get on with the season.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:59 PM   #21
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts_26
I was a bit surprised to see Frolov go to NY. I thought with the Kings loosing the Kovalchuck Fiesta, he would stay in LA. No big deal, as long as he dosn't light up Dan Ellis/Mike Smith this year...
The Kings didn't lose, they just opted out. There's a reason Kovalchuk flew into LA THREE TIMES--he wanted to play there.

Anyways, OBG, I think I've already expressed to you how I feel about dynasties that aren't game-by-game. However, I'll take a look at it once the season starts--maybe you can impress me enough to follow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #22
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94
The Kings didn't lose, they just opted out. There's a reason Kovalchuk flew into LA THREE TIMES--he wanted to play there.

Anyways, OBG, I think I've already expressed to you how I feel about dynasties that aren't game-by-game. However, I'll take a look at it once the season starts--maybe you can impress me enough to follow.
I'm thinking of doing something game-by-game actually...just more compact.

You'll see.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #23
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94

I think you know what I meant. They were originally in the race, they opted out, they didn't get Kovalchuck. I was just expecting to see Frolov back in LA...
Old 08-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #24
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Blues Sign Johnson to 2-year Extension

Erik Johnson played beyond his years on the Team USA blueline in the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver.

By Stephen Holley
OSHN Beat Writer

The St. Louis Blues announced today that Erik Johnson has signed a 2-year extension worth 5.2 million USD for an average cap hit of 2.6 million.

Johnson, 22, has shown considerable potential over his first two seasons registering 10 goals and 39 points last season despite missing all of his 2nd year due to a freak golfing incident. Whats more impressive is that Johnson scored 10 goals despite going 31 games without a marker during the middle of the 2009-2010 campaign.

"I'm very happy to have signed this deal. Now its about going out and playing some good hockey", tweeted Johnson just hours after the deal was announced.

The Blues have signed some very good deals this summer and have no lingering deals to be made. The Note will enter the 2010-2011 season with the team salary right around 46 million dollars.

We'll see if the Note looks to make another move this summer given the cap room still remaining.

League Notes

The Chicago Blackhawks look to be even weaker than many thought they would be heading into 2010-2011 after announcing that Annti Niemi will not be a part of next years squad. Instead, the Hawks have opted to go with veteran Marty Turco who is definitely in the twilight of his career as the Central Division rivals become a little more vulnerable.

It looks like Mike Modano will do one more tour of service in the NHL as he and the Detroit Redwings have struck a one-year deal. The 40 year old winger tallied 14 goals and 16 assists for 30 points in 59 games on a non-playoff team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »