Home

Columbus Blue Jackets (NHL 11)

This is a discussion on Columbus Blue Jackets (NHL 11) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2011, 11:57 AM   #25
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Columbus Blue Jackets (NHL 11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor18
first few I used all-star with sliders, but I was scoring so many goals, so I moved it up to Superstar with my sliders.
Mind sending me a message with those sliders? I am starting to think my All-Star Sliders aren't going to be tough enough for my Lightning dynasty.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

Yeah I'm going out now though, so if it's cool I'll send it a bit later
Old 04-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #27
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor18
Yeah I'm going out now though, so if it's cool I'll send it a bit later
Sounds good. I wanna get through 10 games in mine before I switch anything up anyways.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 04-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #28
Banned

Columbus Blue Jackets Update

Coming into this 2010-2011 season, no one was quite sure what to make of the Blue Jackets. They have had 1 playoff birth in the past 4 seasons, and their lonely appearance was a poor showing in which they were swept by the Detroit Red Wings.

To add on to an unimpressive resume, the Blue Jackets also changed General Managers this off season. Some saw this as a good sign, others saw the team as unstable and things were starting to unfold.

When GM Pete Simpson took the podium for the first time, he said all the right things and what was expected to be said coming from a rookie GM. What was very unexpected was that he announced a trade that day, a quite large scale deal in that. He sent out top prospect Nikita Filatov and a 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft, for proven and hard working center Ryan Kesler, and a 6th round pick in the upcoming draft. This trade, says Simpson, gives the Blue Jackets that number one center that they have lacked over the course of the past few seasons.

The Blue Jackets season so far has been nothing short of wonderful. They currently sit atop the Western Conference, and have no intent to look back. Solid play from all 4 lines of forwards, stalwart defending, and reassuring goaltending are all apart of the recipe for success in Columbus.

A young Steve Mason has shown vast improvement from last season, and looks to continue to build off of his Calder trophy from the 08-09 season. The Blue Jackets have been in some really tight games this season, and ones that could have gone either way, but with Mason's strong play, the Blue Jackets have been able to pull away in those games.

Of course, the Blue Jackets needed strong play from their top offensive line, and so far they have been incredible. Through 10 games, Rick Nash has 4 goals, 6 assists for 10 points. While Huselius has 5 goals, 5 assists for 10 points, and Ryan Kesler has 9 goals, 2 assists for 11 points.

The biggest story for Columbus this season, has been Antoine Vermette. Coming into training camp, Vermette was the shoe-in for the number one center role, but after Simpson brought in Kesler, Vermette was demoted to the second line. Since his demotion, Vermette has been playing inspired hockey, and has really clicked with his line mates Brassard and Voracek. So far this season, Vermette has 7 goals and 6 assists for a total of 13 points, a team high, and good for (tied for) third in the entire league.

If Vermette continues at this pace, he will be in line for a career year. Perhaps the Blue Jackets gave Antoine too much pressure on the first line, and he is better suited as a second line guy. Whatever the reason, Vermette is putting up the points and Columbus is putting up the wins.

For Columbus to continue on this tear, they will need Mason to continue his strong play, and their offense needs to stay hot. The one variable that could affect them, and one that affects every team is the injury bug. So many teams we have seen teams go on a roll, only to lose a player to injury, and there goes all their momentum.

Hopefully though, for the Blue Jackets sake, they can stay healthy, and continue to play great hockey.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:53 PM   #29
Banned

Wow hot start, not sure if I like the Filatov for Kesler trade though, Filatov becomes a beast, but I like Pahlsson for Halpern, clear cap and bring in a nice vet guy.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibbles
Wow hot start, not sure if I like the Filatov for Kesler trade though, Filatov becomes a beast, but I like Pahlsson for Halpern, clear cap and bring in a nice vet guy.
Thanks for reading. And the Filatov deal was one I was almost unsure of, but after I thought about it, it made sense. Filatov will develop to be equal to or worse than Kesler in overall, and all his stats will be in offense. Kesler is all around one of (if not the) best player in NHL 11, with no stat under 88 I believe, and many over 90. As well, it's not like I am giving up the future, because Kesler is still young and will center my top line for a long time to come.

And Pahlsson yea, his cap wasn't counting anyway because he was in the A, but I like Halpern, and it made sense.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #31
Banned

columbus.jpg

Meltdown in Columbus, fans scratching heads

Montreal Canadiens vs Columbus Blue Jackets
Jan 1, 123F
MTL (8-3-1)1517
CBJ (7-3-1)0101
Three Stars
Andrei Kostitsyn
3 Goals
Travis Moen
3 Assists
Scott Gomez
3 Assists
Team Stats Comparison
MTLCBJ
Shots on Goal3627
Hits2929
Faceoffs Won-Lost15/2813/28
Penalty Minutes11:002:00
Power Plays Converted10
Power Play Opportunities14
Time on Attack4:475:22
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2011, 02:51 PM   #32
Banned

columbus.jpg

Third period collapse leaves Jackets in shambles

Columbus Blue Jackets vs Atlanta Thrashers
Jan 1, 123F
CBJ (7-4-1)1012
ATL (5-4-4)1023
Three Stars
Ondrej Pavelec
38 Saves
Jim Slater
2 Goals
Tobias Enstrom
1 Goal
Team Stats Comparison
CBJATL
Shots on Goal4032
Hits2328
Faceoffs Won-Lost8/1911/19
Penalty Minutes14:004:00
Power Plays Converted21
Power Play Opportunities27
Time on Attack4:305:34

Reports say that veteran D Martin Skoula has been in and out of Columbus gyms and training centers, apparently GM Simpson has been in touch with the burly defender.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »