Home

Return to Winnipeg - NHL 2011 Be a GM Mode

This is a discussion on Return to Winnipeg - NHL 2011 Be a GM Mode within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2011, 01:37 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Return to Winnipeg - NHL 2011 Be a GM Mode

Does anyone know how to delete an entire thread. I think another reboot may be in order since I think I know how to make the minor league affiliations correct. Also I discovered that despite using the updated rosters a couple of my previously made very high potential created players remained as free agents.

It feels kind of wrong to be mooching off of Minnesota's farm system.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:05 PM   #18
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh23ab
Does anyone know how to delete an entire thread. I think another reboot may be in order since I think I know how to make the minor league affiliations correct. Also I discovered that despite using the updated rosters a couple of my previously made very high potential created players remained as free agents.

It feels kind of wrong to be mooching off of Minnesota's farm system.
Mind sharing how to get the minor league affiliations correct?
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 06-01-2011, 02:15 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
Mind sharing how to get the minor league affiliations correct?
When I was messing around with moving created players from NHL to AHL teams, a pop-up appeared that asked if I wanted to change the affiliation. If this works how I think it will, I will change the minor league affiliations to the team that each team is replacing, so the Houston Aeros would be the Predators farm team, the miliuake admirals would be the Thrashers farm team, and the Chicago wolves would be Minnesota's affiliate. Then when I realign the conferences the proper teams are paired together.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:16 AM   #20
Rookie

OK, so it turns out getting the minor league affiliates right is a lot messier than i thought it would be. When you substitute a team in, the AHL franchise for whatever that slot is remains the same. What you need to do is move your players from the current AHL affiliate of your team to the AHL affiliate attached to the slot your team is moving to . when you move them a prompt will come up and you select keep current affiliation. When you do this they still belong to the team that drafted them, but they move to the AHL affiliate that the NHL team will be acquiring when being substituted.

i hope that made some semblance of sense.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #21
Rookie

Due to some roster errors and accidentally saving over the original file, my BAGM was lost. Getting the minor league affiliation right is more trouble than it's worth, so I've decided this particular story is over.

I did enjoy writing these posts though, so I'll probably make a Canadiens dynasty thread soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »