Home

Calgary Flames: The Restart (NHL 12 GM Mode)

This is a discussion on Calgary Flames: The Restart (NHL 12 GM Mode) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Calgary Flames: The Restart (NHL 12 GM Mode)

2012 NHL Draft

Duthie: The 2012 Entry Draft had plenty of speculation leading up to it, and so far has not disappointed. We sit here now at the 14th pick awaiting Calgary Flames new GM Dave Nonis to come to the podium and make his first selection as the Manager of the Flames. Here he comes now.

Dreger: Sorry James, just need to interupt here, and the timing is kind of fitting as well, I have just received word that the Calgary Flames have traded goaltender Miikka Kiprusoff to the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for a 2nd round pick in 2012, a 4th round pick in 2013, and F Richard Panik

Duthie: Wow huge news there, we knew the goalie market was going to be hot this offseason and Luongo was a big name on everybody's lists, but it looks like Tampa has gone with Kipper. Alright, here's Nonis now.

------

Nonis: Ahem, with the 14th overall selection in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, the Calgary Flames are extremely proud to select, from the Belleville Bulls of the Ontario Hockey League, Brendan Gaunce.

McGuire: I really like this pick for Calgary. They're getting a big, strong, talented center that can take over and dominate games. They have lacked a real prescense in center ice and they look to pick it up here. With his big frame and strength, this kid could make the jump sooner than a lot of people think, I really like the selection.

McKenzie: Yes, I agree, they already have Sven Bartschi and Ryan Howse in the system, actually as well as newly acquired Richard Panik, and now they add Brendan Gaunce to the mix. This team has a nice group of forwards just waiting to break out now and this offense could be dangerous in a couple seasons.

Gaunce: C TWF 18y/o, 72 OVR, B POT (B/B-/B)
-------------------

Other picks:
Used the 2nd in the Kipper trade to pick up draft slider TWD Olli Maatta (17, 69 ovr, B- POT)
TWD Myles Bell (18, 72 ovr, B- POT)
RW TWF Joel Wigle (18, 69 ovr, B- POT)
LW PLY Brett Gustavsen (18, 69 ovr, B- POT)

UP NEXT RE-SIGN/ UFA
Old 06-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #10
Rookie

CGY Re-signs:
D Cory Sarich (33, 83 ovr, C- POT) 1 year 1.830M
RW Blake Comeau (26, 83 OVR, C POT) 3 years 2.720M
RW Lee Stempniak (29, 82 OVR, C- POT) 2 years 2.000M
RW David Moss (30, 81 OVR, C POT) 1 year 1.180M
LW Pierre-Luc Leblond (27, 76 OVR, C POT) 1 year .785M, 2-way

Qualified:
C Blair Jones (25, 75, C)
C Mikael Backlund (23, 82, B-)
LW Logan Macmillan (22, 72, C)
C Paul Byron (23, 74, C)
RW Akim Aliu (23, 74, C)
G Leland Irving (24, 78, B)

Released:
C Olli Jokinen (33, 84, C-)
D Scott Hannan (33, 83, C-)
RW Tom Kostopoulous (33, 79, C-)
LW Raitis Ivanans (33, 82, C-)
RW Guillaume Desbiens (27, 74, C)
RFA D Jordan Henry (26, 72, C)
RFA D Brian Connelly (26, 74, C)

Entry Level:
G Joni Ortio (21, 71, C)
D Joey Leach (20, 70, C)
C Brendan Gaunce (18, 72, B-)
LW Sven Bartschi (19, 75, B-)

Cap Space: 15.565M
Old 06-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #11
Rookie

This is your TSN Update, and I'm Bryan Mudryk. On the eve of July 1st and thus Free Agency beginning in the NHL, our own Darren Dreger has tweeted and confirmed that the Calgary flames have pulled off a blockbuster deal with the Ducks. The trade sees D Jay Bouwmeester head to Anaheim in exchange for F Devante Smith-Pelly, F Kyle Palmieri, as well as Anaheim's 3rd and 7th round selections in the 2013 draft. We will now bring you statements via both GM's.

Nonis: When you take over a team that was in the situation that the Flames are, it's important to have patience. Of course, we want to make the playoffs every season, that IS our goal and remains our goal. Yet what we are also doing is looking 5 years down the road and trying to plan for then and making sure our team will be competitive then. Who knows where Jay will be in 5 years? In any case, we wish Jay luck with the Ducks.

Murray: This trade made sense for us, after dealing off Lubomir (Visnovsky) to the Islanders, we needed to fill the need for a real offensive D on our blue-line. Jay does that, and at 28, he is in prime. We give up a 3rd and 7th, always tough to lose depth in the draft, as well as two young forwards. Palmieri is a guy that we think could be a really good power forward in the league and is definitely a hard asset to part with. We felt that Devo (Smith-Pelly) just needed a change of scenery and wasn't fitting in all too well with us. We hope they both succeed and Calgary. Overall though we are very happy to have a player of Jay's caliber.

*Breakdown*
D Jay Bouwmeester 28 y/o, 85 OVR, C/C/C POT, 2 years @6.6 M

for

LW Devante Smith-Pelly 20 y/o, 74 OVR, B-/A-/B- POT, 3 years @680K
RW Kyle Palmieri 21 y/o, 77 OVR, B/B-/B- POT, 1 year @900K
ANA 3rd 2013
ANA 7th 2013

My thoughts: Bouwmeester is an overpaid 2nd pairing D-man. If developed correctly, Palmieri can become a good 2nd line PWF, and Smith-Pelly can be a heart and soul 3rd liner. I have good luck generally with late picks (See Myles Bell last draft) so a 3rd and 7th are actually of decent value to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #12
Rookie

I've tried to keep the deals fairly realistic, IDK if ANA would part with Palmieri IRL but he's pretty much the center piece of this trade. Bouwmeester has crazy value in this game so I could have easily gotten so much more but he's not really worth that.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #13
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

This is good, I'm following.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 17

Great trade.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #15
Rookie

Thanks guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #16
Rookie

Will update soon

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »