Home

~~Blood in the Water~~ The San Jose Sharks (NHL 09)

This is a discussion on ~~Blood in the Water~~ The San Jose Sharks (NHL 09) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2015, 05:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: ~~Blood in the Water~~ The San Jose Sharks (NHL 09)

Love old Chises like this. Definitely following, loved NHL 09 and NHL 07 in particular. Good luck, this will bring back a ton of dynasty memories!
Old 07-05-2015, 06:17 PM   #10
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

Thx for the comments guys! Yeah Cheechoo's been a beast for me the first few games! Hoping to get to playoffs but I'm off to a 0-2 start right now.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:40 PM   #11
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

Kings defeat Sharks 2-1. Sharks drop 2 straight to kick off 2008 Season...
October 11,2008

San Jose, CA- On day 2 at the HP Pavilion, San Jose drops it's second straight game to another Division Rival, the Los Angeles Kings. For the LA Kings this was their opening day, for the Sharks,this was day #2 . The Kings came in with a great defensive strategy under Goaltender Jason LaBarbera who was lights out against the fast paced Sharks. LaBarbera had 44 saves and only allowed 1 goal in the game.
The Sharks who controlled the clock for the entire game couldn't get past LaBarbera at all shooting 45 shots against the Kings Goalie. The Sharks looked pretty lost from the opening face off to the buzzer at the end of the game.

"Sometimes you have those games and as much as you hate it, you can't do anything about it." Sharks star Center Joe Thornton said after the game.

He wasn't all that quiet tonight picking up an assist with Rookie's Duane Haines goal, the solo goal San Jose scored tonight.

"We're 0-2 right now and sure we have a long season ahead of us I'm here to help this Franchise win Hockey games." Rookie Duane Haines said after the game.

Haines, the Sharks Rookie Wingman has helped quite a bit in his first 2 games of his NHL Career bringing speed and puck control to the Sharks.

The Sharks are in a slump right now that even on Power Plays tonight, the Sharks had a miserable 0/5 PP %.

"0 for 5. That's an embarrassment." Said Sharks Captain Patrick Marleau. Marleau alone was shut down by the Kings defense.

"We still have a lot of work to do if we want to bring a Stanley Cup Championship to this city." New Head Coach McLellan said.

For now, the Kings might of left a bad taste in the Sharks mouths after tonights game but tomorrow night, the Sharks will have a chance for redemption as they take on the Kings again. This time in Los Angeles.

http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks
Oct 11, 2008123F
LAK (0-0-0-0)1012
SJS (0-1-0-0)0101
http://dynasties.operationsports.com....png"></td><td width="84%">(LAK) Jason LaBarbera
44 Saves
http://dynasties.operationsports.com....png"></td><td width="84%">(LAK) Jack Johnson
1 Assist
http://dynasties.operationsports.com....png"></td><td width="84%">(LAK) Jeff Giuliano
1 Goal
Three Stars
Team Stats Comparison
LAKSJS
Shots on Goal1245
Hits339
Faceoffs Won-Lost4/4343/4
Penalty Minutes10:002:00
Power Plays Converted00
Power Play Opportunities15
Time on Attack1:4716:06
Scoring Summary
FIRST PERIOD
LAK (2:03) Kopitar (1) (Brown, Johnson)
SECOND PERIOD
SJS(3:34) D. Haines(1) (Thornton)
THIRD PERIOD
LAK(15:20) Guiliano (1) (Armstrong)
Los Angeles Kings - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
(LAK) Jason LaBarbera4544 (97%)98%1
San Jose Sharks - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
(SJS) Evgeni Nabokov1210 (83%)83%2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2015, 10:54 PM   #12
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

San Jose Sharks @ Los Angeles Kings PREVIEW

Sunday, October 12, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Staples Center

PREVIEW

The Sharks are coming to L.A looking for two things, revenge, and a win. The Kings knocked off the Sharks last night in San Jose 2-1 with lights out defense goal tending by Jason LaBarbera in the net. Tonight, the Sharks will look to get around the same man who blocked 97% of their shots last night. Things are gonna get heated up tonight in LA!

Things to look for:

-Sharks on offense and defense are struggling even if it's early in the season. Look for Los Angeles to capitalize on this again.

-Kings Goalie Jason LaBarbera is playing LIGHTS OUT right now. Look for him to be a huge factor in tonights game in the net.

-The Kings are just 1-0 right now but the Sharks will be looking for that first W coming in at 0-2.

-Division Rivals, don't be surprised to see anyone drop the gloves tonight.

The Kings will look to continue their winning ways as the Sharks come to town tonight.

"We beat them last night in their house, now we're in ours and it's about protecting our house." Kings Jack Johnson said who had an assist in last nights game.

"This is L.A! This is our house! If they want to come in here and try and win, we're not gonna make it easy for them." Kings star Goalie Jason LaBarbera said.

"We have unfinished business tonight. We're coming for that "W.""
Sharks Joe Thornton said.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:38 AM   #13
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

Joe Thornton takes on two Kings at once as Sharks pound Kings 14-7 in a crazy night of Hockey in the City of Angels.

October 12,2008

Los Angeles,CA- Anger. Revenge. These are just a handful of emotions that the Sharks had going into this game against the Kings. Revenge was on the minds of San Jose who stomped the Kings tonight 14-7. 14-7. 14-7.
That's just unheard of or barely experienced around the NHL. The Sharks came in with a "Pound the net" strategy taking it to the man who shut them down just 24 hours prior, Jason LaBarbera. Tonight however, the Kings Goaltender had no answer for the "Crash the net" and "Hardcore Hockey" the Sharks brought to him.
The Sharks not only controlled the clock and puck, but the tempo of the game from opening face off jumping out to a 7-1 lead in the first period stunning the Kings faithful in the Staples Center sunday night. Emotions ran high after that 7-1 blowout as both rivals soon resorted to "Dropping the gloves" as you can see in the picture above. Joe Thornton was the first Shark to drop the gloves squaring off against Jack Johnson and attacking his teammates at once.
Amongst the chaos in LA, the Sharks went 5/14 on the Powerplays that followed. Certainly not a good stat but it's better than the 0/5 they had 24 hours ago. The Sharks destroyed the Kings in LA sunday night with some great Hockey by a handful of players including Milan Michalek and Rob Blake both who had hat tricks.
"We seriously considered it and no way we wanted to start 0-3. We had to prove to ourselves we could get out of this slump." Sharks Head Coach Todd McLellan stated after the game.

"We needed to prove to ourselves we could win." Sharks Center Joe Thornton stated. He had a great night besides the fact taking on two Kings by himself.

Thornton picked up 4 points off 2 goals and 2 assists.

"It was a great game and to be honest with you, I probably won't have another like that in my career." Sharks Michalek said who had 5 points to himself with 4 goals and 1 assist.

"I honestly can't tell you what happened. It's like they did their homework and knew what to bring." Kings Goaltender Jason LaBarbera said afterwards. He allowed 6 goals before backup Ersberg went in and allowed 8 more.

The season series are tied 1-1 for now but these two heated rivals will meet later on down the road...

Old 07-06-2015, 12:40 AM   #14
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings
Oct 12, 2008123F
SJS (0-2-0-0)70714
LAK (1-0-0-0)1337
http://dynasties.operationsports.com....png"></td><td width="84%">(LAK) Dustin Brown
2 Goals/0 Assists
http://dynasties.operationsports.com....png"></td><td width="84%">(LAK) Tom Priessing
0 Goals/ 3 Assists
http://dynasties.operationsports.com....png"></td><td width="84%">(LAK) Anze Kopitar
2 Goals/4 Assists
Three Stars
Team Stats Comparison
SJSLAK
Shots on Goal9292
Hits27390
Faceoffs Won-Lost61/6868/61
Penalty Minutes19:0043:00
Power Plays Converted50
Power Play Opportunities142
Time on Attack19:414:11
San Jose Sharks - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Evgeni Nabokov928592%7
Los Angeles Kings - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Jason LaBarbera554989%6
Ersberg 372978%8
Old 07-06-2015, 01:07 AM   #15
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

BIG NEWS!!! NHL.com/SanJoseSharks

October 14,2008:

The Sharks announced this morning that Mike Grier has been traded to the Boston Bruins for Forward Milan Lucic. The 20 year old speedster will come to San Jose as Head Coach and GM Todd McLellan hopes to rebuild the Sharks as a younger team.

"I'm always excited for a new oppourtunity in my playing career. I'm excited to be apart of the San Jose Franchise." Lucic commented after turning in his Boston Jersey.

Grier was unable to make a comment at this time...

With the trade of Grier to Boston, this opens up an Alternate Captain spot on the Sharks who GM McLellan said in a statement that Johnathan Cheechoo would receive the secondary "A". This puts Captain Patrick Marleau, A1 Joe Thornton and now A2 Johnathan Cheechoo.

"I'm excited for this honor." Said the 28 year old Cheechoo. "I'll play my hardest out every game to help this Franchise win."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2015, 01:32 AM   #16
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

Columbus Blue Jackets (0-1-0-1) @ San Jose Sharks (1-2-0-0) PREVIEW

Tuesday, October 14,2008
San Jose, CA
HP Pavilion

San Jose,CA- Returning home after dismantling the LA Kings, the Sharks look to sink their jaws into the Blue Jackets from Ohio Tuesday night inside where the Sharks play. The Shark Tank. The Sharks scored their first win of the season Sunday night in LA and look to build on that as they face a struggling Blue Jackets team out of the gate. The Jackets will have their hands full here tonight as San Jose has really picked up the pace on offense driving to the net with a "Smash mouth in your face" style of Hockey led by Captain Patrick Marleau and Alternate Joe Thornton.
Tonights game will mark the debut of newly acquired Milan Lucic, the young 20 year old from Boston looks to bring his speed and puck control to San Jose.

"It's my first game in San Jose as a Shark. I may not be starting but when my time is called I'm going to do my best for my new team." Lucic stated after suiting up tonight. He dons the Jersey #62 from Boston.

"We played a great game in Los Angeles the other night but, now it's time to look forward to our next opponent. The Jackets. One game at a time and right now they're our next challenge." Sharks Coach and GM Todd McLellan said.

~~Things to look for tonight~~

-The Sharks seemed to figure out all the problems on offense bringing a new "Crash the net" system of Hockey under first year Head Coach Todd McLellan.

-The Sharks on defense can't seem to work out all the kinks as of yet as Evengi Nabokov has given up 10 goals in just 3 games with no help from the defensive side of the ice by the Sharks.

- Non Division Rivals, but it is Hockey so again, Don't be surprised if someone drops the gloves.

-The only 3 players for the Blue Jackets making any noise right now are Kristian Huselius, Fedor Tyutin, and Fredrik Modin. All 3 combined have 9 points coming into San Jose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »