Home

Hockey Down on the Bayou: The Story of the Rivermen

This is a discussion on Hockey Down on the Bayou: The Story of the Rivermen within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2016, 11:32 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Hockey Down on the Bayou: The Story of the Rivermen

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2016, 09:48 AM   #42
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16

Solid win streak and good luck up with Spooner

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Old 10-17-2016, 12:19 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickflyers
Solid win streak and good luck up with Spooner
I probably should have made the tweet more clear, Ducks/Boston swapped Spooner.

Sadly, I've gotten rid of most of my bullets for the time. I've got a handful of rookies I want to keep and my 2018 draft is basically going to be nonexistetent:

1st/3rd went to RFA Wennberg
2nd was dealt to move up in last years draft for another high 1st.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:48 PM   #44
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs
I probably should have made the tweet more clear, Ducks/Boston swapped Spooner.

Sadly, I've gotten rid of most of my bullets for the time. I've got a handful of rookies I want to keep and my 2018 draft is basically going to be nonexistetent:

1st/3rd went to RFA Wennberg
2nd was dealt to move up in last years draft for another high 1st.

Whoops.....

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Old 10-18-2016, 11:35 PM   #45
Rookie

New Orleans Times
December 15, 2017
By: Ken Dubois

Rivermen Overcome Sloppy 3rd, Win in OT for 8th Straight

Lindholm scores his 5th of the year in the 2nd to take 2-1 lead

Entering the 3rd, the Rivermen had a 2-1 lead, were handedly outshooting the Blue Jackets, and despite only a one goal differential, looked the better team on the ice. After taking 3 penalties, being outshot 10-3 and surrendering a tying goal, the game entered OT. Luckily for the Rivs, Tyler Johnson scored on a wrist shot with 20 seconds remaining and the Rivermen took 2 points, and took a point over the BJs.

The game started quickly for Columbus, with Denis Savard scoring on Korpisalo in the first 5 minutes of the game. New Orleans would respond, with Jeff Skinner tallying his 7th of the season on a rush, assisted by a ice pass by 4th liner Maclement, fresh off a strong PK. It was then Korpisalo, making 9 more saves in the first, to haunt his old team. After the game, and through a translator, Joonas Korpisalo told the media, "Yeah, it's weird coming back. I thought for a while I'd be in Columbus for years. But I guess with Bobrovsky here, they felt like they could move me. It was nice getting a win".

In the net for the Jackets was their backup goalie Anton Fosberg. Forsberg played well, saving 28 out 32 goals. One of the shots that beat Forsberg was from Elias Lindholm in the 2nd, his 5th of the year (assisted by Trochek and Nordstrom). Columbus would tie the game in the 3rd on Saad's 13th, a powerplay tally. The Blue Jackets really squandered a few chances, going 1 for 5 on the PP.

New Orleans has a quick turnaround, as the Senators come into the Riverfront Dome tomorrow night. Eddie Lack is expected to get the start in net.

3 Stars:
* B. Saad (1g, 1a)
** T. Johnson (1g)
*** E. Lindholm (1g)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 12:13 AM   #46
Rookie

New Orleans Times
December 16, 2017
By: Ken Dubois

Senators End Rivermen Win Streak, Win 3-1 On Special "Color Rush" Night

Lindholm scores his 5th of the year in the 2nd to take 2-1 lead

In a surprise announcement prior to the game, the NHL announced the new "Color Rush" initiative much akin to the NFL's color rush uniforms. Occasional games on Saturday Night will recieve the "Color Rush" treatment with teams wearing alternate and throwback uniforms to "color" up the ice. In the first of these games, the Rivs wore their Carolina Blue alternates, while the Senators were donned in a black uniform. The black Senators must have been an omen, as they were the undertaker to the Rivermen's winning streak.

Playing the 2nd game of a back to back, the Rivs started slow, conceding two goals in the first period. Eddie Lack got the nod tonight, stopping 24 of 27, but many of those saves were of the high-end variety. Lack played very strongly, too bad the defense in front of him did not.

In the 2nd, the Rivermen got a power play late in the period. This seemed to be the wake up call they needed. Even though they did not score, they did generate tons of offense off the penalty. Shortly into the 3rd, Trevor Carrick would score his 3rd of the season off of a faceoff win from Trochek and a nice feed from defensive pairing partner Ouellet. The goal brought the Rivs within one and gave them a shot to extend their streak to a very impressive 9th win in a row. It was not to be however. Brenden Ryan would score on the PP late in the third (his 13th) and New Orleans streak would die.

Coach Peters after the game during his media conference said, "the win streak was great. I mean, who doesn't like winning 8 in a row? But all things have to end. Good thing is, we have a chance here soon to get back out there. Hell, let's get 10 in a row this time."

Despite the great streak, things do not get easier for the Rivermen as their next game is against the Penguins on the road. The Penguins have been battling for first in the Metro all season, though currently sit in second place with 45 points, trailing the Flyers by 1 point.

3 stars:
* C. Anderson (24sv)
** D. Brassard (1g, 1a)
*** M. Puempel (1g)

Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 10-19-2016 at 12:21 AM.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:23 AM   #47
Rookie

Old 10-19-2016, 12:27 AM   #48
Rookie

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »