Home

XBOX 1 - FBG Rosters - Online SIM League - 4th & Goal

This is a discussion on XBOX 1 - FBG Rosters - Online SIM League - 4th & Goal within the Madden NFL Football Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2014, 05:37 AM   #1
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
XBOX 1 - FBG Rosters - Online SIM League - 4th & Goal

Welcome to 4th & Goal on the XBOX 1 using FBG rated rosters

Basic Rules
  • 10 minute quarters (no acc clock)
  • All Madden Difficulty
  • Slow Speed
  • FBG Rated Rosters - http://www.fbgratings.com/members/
    http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ange-game.html
  • Real Life rosters & trades (For season #1)
  • Play 2-3 games per week (weekly advances on Monday's & Friday's (12am Pacific time). If all league games are done we will advance early.
  • Every owner will need to have and stream all games on TWITCH (for the purpose of scouting as well as making sure games are sim)
  • Season starts September 15th (gives us time to edit rosters and get a good slider set in stone as well as get owners used to new game and new controls, plays, etc) Not to mention I am on vacation and out of town August 20th-Sept 7th.

One thing we like to do is have each team owner play with their favorite team or a team where they come from or were born. We don't draft team's. We have found this to be a secret to success with keeping players in leagues for the long term if they have an affiliation with the city or team they are playing with. We have a list of about 10 guys we have all played with each other over the last 5-6 years in either madden or NBA 2k leagues or both. Every guy we have plays with their home town team. Before anyone starts judging me (LOL), Ive been a lifetime Seahawks fan and I was born and raised in Seattle. I play with the Seahawks the way they play IRL. I actually won madden leagues with the Seahawks in 09, 10, and 11. My point is I'm not picking the hawks or jumping on the bandwagon. I go back to the Steve Largent, Kenny Easley, Curt Warner, Dave Krieg, Jim Zorn, Cortez Kennedy days.

Im 39 years old and we want a good group of adults who are respectful to each other and just want to have a fun and very competitive league. We hope we can get and keep a good group of guys that we can carry into future maddens every year. We are looking to at least have 24 guys (3 in each division with 1 CPU team in each division) or a full 32 user teams depending on what we get to have a full league by the start. We are also hoping to get in anywhere from 2-4 season's potentially or as many as we can get in by the real super bowl. We also run 82 game NBA 2k season with 12 minute quarters so at some point our focus shifts but that won't be until the Super Bowl is over. We will wait to see how we approach FBG rosters as well as off season's draft, free agent's, etc after the game is released. Fingers crossed we are allowed to edit draft classes.

There will be 3 commissioners (see asterisk below) in this league to assure things go smoothly. We will all work on a good slider set once the game comes out. We always listen to the league owners and all suggestions. I am a bit of a freak when it comes to sliders and am constantly reading findings in slider section on OS. As we know every game is different.

We also hope to run the league here at OS and have a sub forum where we can all connect on league news, polls, votes, questions, concerns, schedule games with each other, have team threads, Players of the week, month, year, etc.

We don't want to have to have rules in place as we just want you to play real football you see on TV, but we obviously have to have a few rules set in place to avoid confrontation and confusion on ones definition of SIM to another. These are always open to discussion.

SOME MORE BASIC RULES (stole some I really liked)

"WE PLAY LIKE ITS PLAYED ON SUNDAYS" keep this in mind when playing games.

1) 4th Down Rule - If you are on your side of the field 1-49, you must punt on 4th down unless you are down by 17 points or more (or Coaches Decision rule is played). If the ball is on the 50 or anywhere in your opponents territory, & it's no greater than 4th and 1, you can go for it ONLY IF THE GAME IS TIED OR IF YOUR WINNING BY 2 POINTS OR LESS.

*If within 5 yards of your opponents end zone you may go for it on up to and not exceeding 4th and 3

*In the 4th quarter, if you are behind at all with under 5 minutes to play, you can go for it on 4th down anywhere on the field.

2) Quitting is NOT TOLERATED! -First off, if you quit you have no place in this league, were adult men we expect our members to act like it. We expect you to play a full game EVERYTIME.

3) Play Calling – We are a simulation league we expect members to mix up play calling, Meaning formations as well. In simulation football leagues there should be nobody playing 70% of anything and situational defense should always be played.

*You should have at least 15 pass plays and 10 run plays per game. Especially in 10 minute games. NO MATTER THE GAME SITUATION GENTLEMEN.

NO HUDDLE - Can be called ONLY when its 2 min left in either half (unless your team does this IRL ala Philadelphia Eagles - Commish must allow and be discussed before games if this is your strategy). You will have to huddle quickly after every 3 plays though. You must change the play every no huddle. If losing in the 4th qtr you can no huddle at any time.

*Streaks with your RB/FB/TE out of the backfield through the offensive line is banned. You can still put them in motion, then audible to a streak but not through the offensive line..

4) Unrealistic drop backs – A NFL Quarterback drops back no more than 10-12 yds. Rolling out right on undesigned plays is heavily frowned upon, play realistically.

5) Audible & Motioning- Do not snap ball until all motioning receivers are set on passing plays or outside of the tackles on running plays, unless that is the designed play out of the playbook.. If you manually put a offensive player in motion, or call an audible give the defense at least a little time to adjust players.

6) Milking the Clock - (Running The Clock Rule) This should only really be done in the 4th qtr to close out games.

7) Defense - All teams must play a base 3-4 or 4-3 and play situational defense ex: 3 wr= nickel, etc.

*Mix up your playcalling. (Man vs Zone)

*You must have a minimum of 3 rushers at all times unless in Velcro. Contains and spies do not count!

8) QB Sneaks - Play can be ran a maximum of twice per game. Must only be on 4th & 1 or 4th & inches.

9) Punt Returns - You may not take a blocker on Punt Returns back more than 5 yards from LOS. Reason we do allow is just in case of fake punt possibilities but you can not run 20 yards back and use as a blocker except after the ball has been hiked.

10) Position Rule - You can place a TE or RB in your 4th WR position on the Depth Chart but no higher. Your top 3 WR's have to be WR's. You can not have a WR as your 3rd TE on depth chart. OLine are interchangeable, any Lineman can play any line position.

QB's play QB
FB's play FB-TE
HB's play HB-WR
TE's play TE-FB-WR
WR's play WR

*If you ever want to change a player position outright in edit you must ask the commissioner (this helps him keep track of the leagues personnel in case he needs to change it back later)

11) Roster Minimums- In order to ensure all rosters meet common sense SIM style depth requirements each coach needs to have these minimum amount of players at these positions.

Offense
3- Quarterbacks (This number is only due to the QB glitch issue)
3- Running Backs
1- Fullback
5- Wide Receivers
3- Tight Ends
3- Tackles
3- Guards
1- Center
1- Kicker
1- Punter

4-3 Defense
4- Defensive Ends
4- Defensive Tackles in a 4-3
4- Outside Linebackers in a 4-3
2- Middle Linebackers in a 4-3
5- Cornerbacks in a 4-3
3- Safeties in a 4-3

3-4 Defense
4- Defensive Ends in a 3-4
2- Defensive Tackles in a 3-4
4- Outside Linebackers in a 3-4
4- Middle Linebackers in a 3-4
5- Cornerbacks in a 3-4
3- Safeties in a 3-4

12)Simmed Games- 3 simmed games in a season without a legitimate reason, will get you removed from the league.

13) Running up the Score - This is common sense and just show good sportsmanship. We won't put a cap on it but if up 4 scores or more in the 4th quarter put in your backup QB, HB, WR, TE when ahead and finish without airing it out every play.

14) Coaches Decision - One time per game at anywhere on the field and anytime in a game a coach may attempt either 1 total, onside kick, fake field goal or fake punt, choose wisely. (even on fourth 4th down.) If down 2 scores or more (10 points or more with under 5 minutes to go you may onside kick anytime. If down 8 points or less with 3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter you may also onside kick at anytime.

15) No Quick snapping - Rushing your offense to the line of scrimmage and not allowing the defense to get set is strictly prohibited. You must allow 3-5 seconds to go by before hiking it unless only a few seconds on the clock in a given half.

This is a SIM league. No Nano's, No using of any known glitches (example: Procedural Awareness, Clock Glitch, etc). If you play like a lobby player, then you will find yourself playing in the Lobby, not in the 4th & Goal league.

NFC

NFC WEST
Seattle Seahawks - vannwolfhawk206*
San Francisco 49ers - kingralph
St Louis Rams -
Arizona Cardinals -

NFC EAST
Dallas Cowboys -
Philadelphia Eagles - TyFromPhilly*
NY Giants -
Washington Redskins -

NFC NORTH
Detroit Lions - Ricky3412
Green Bay Packers - Arcade F1r3
Minnesota Vikings -
Chicago Bears - Jkor71

NFC SOUTH
Atlanta Falcons -
New Orleans Saints -
Carolina Panthers -
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - tom fishsack

AFC

AFC WEST
San Diego Chargers -
Oakland Raiders -
Kansas City Chiefs -
Denver Broncos -

AFC EAST
NY Jets - pwas
New England Patriots - ShoTTa316
Miami Dolphins -
Buffalo Bills -

AFC NORTH
Cincinnati Bengals - Gohomeloser702
Pittsburgh Steelers -
Cleveland Browns -
Baltimore Ravens - Shoecollector9*

AFC SOUTH
Indianapolis Colts -
Jacksonville Jaguars -
Tennessee Titans - Nascarjames
Houston Texans -

If you are seriously interested and have full intentions on playing out a full season whether you go 16-0 or 0-16 please list your team of choice and tell me where your from. We don't want anyone who does not have an XBOX 1 already but is planning on getting one. If you do not have an XBOX1 now then please do not apply. We are looking forward to a great season!

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 08-18-2014 at 01:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2014, 05:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: XBOX 1 - FBG Rosters - Online SIM League - 4th & Goal

KingRalph for the 49ers

Old 08-04-2014, 05:01 PM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

Buccaneers please

Gamer tag: Tom fishsack
Old 08-04-2014, 10:20 PM   #4
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFishsack
Buccaneers please

Gamer tag: Tom fishsack
Cool! You from Tampa? Been in any leagues before? We will be testing everyone upon release of madden 15 to make sure everyone is sim and make sure everyone understands rules.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:06 PM   #5
Just started!

I'm from Tampa but I live in boston

And I've done a couple with friends
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #6
Rookie

ipat's Arena

Hi, I'm very interested in joining this league. I haven't really played any online franchise mode since madden 12 because I hated joining online leagues where everyone was just doing unrealistic things. I am willing to give it a go again this year because madden 15 will be my first next gen madden, I had madden 25 for ps3.

The team that I am most interested in is the NY Jets. My GT is pwas
Old 08-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #7
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

What's up Van. I'm interested in joining your league. I'm 30yrs old from Brooklyn NY. I run a league of my own sim league called GrownMenLeague , so I understand the rigors of league play from a commish perspective.

I'm originally a Titans fan but I'm also a big Tom Terrific fan. If the Patriots are still available id like to get Tom one last ring. If not the Patriots I'll take the Packers.

Thanks Again

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 08-09-2014, 02:22 AM   #8
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

I got you guys down. Let me know if you have any questions... We. Will definitely have a discussion about FBG ratings and what we want to do as they have announced no editing of draft classes. I kind of jumped the gun in thinking they would add that in this year. Obviously doing multiple years could cause problems without ability to edit draft classes. Any thoughts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online »