Home

Looks like crossing/drag routes are the new online money plays. How do you stop them?

This is a discussion on Looks like crossing/drag routes are the new online money plays. How do you stop them? within the Madden NFL Football Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2014, 04:12 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Looks like crossing/drag routes are the new online money plays. How do you stop them?

These players usually run the hurry up shotgun offense. They run the ball, run the ball, then hurry up and hit you with a drag route over and over. Ive tried man-to-man, zone, I can't seem to stop it. What defenses and/or defensive adjustments lock down these crossing/drag routes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Looks like crossing/drag routes are the new online money plays. How do you stop t

Cover 2. Or cover 2 sink. Also audible for underneath coverage.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #3
Esports Manager @ Twitch

CloudFuel's Arena

Re: Looks like crossing/drag routes are the new online money plays. How do you stop t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
These players usually run the hurry up shotgun offense. They run the ball, run the ball, then hurry up and hit you with a drag route over and over. Ive tried man-to-man, zone, I can't seem to stop it. What defenses and/or defensive adjustments lock down these crossing/drag routes.
3 things.

1) M2M has always been beaten consistently by drags/slants.
2) The best approach has been zone/man combinations and/or cover 2 (put more zones/spy in the middle
3) User the FS/SS/MLB and take those options away or make a play when they try to do it.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:30 PM   #4
Rookie

Zeffy's Arena

You can either spread your Dline out then have them Crash to bump into the crossing routes, or keep them normal then have them Spread out (attack the outside, cant remember what its called, the opposite of Crash). Either way makes the receivers bump into the Ends - they will slow down both players, so your exterior rush won't be as quick, but your coverage will be so much better.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:20 PM   #5
Esports Manager @ Twitch

CloudFuel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy
or keep them normal then have them Spread out (attack the outside, cant remember what its called, the opposite of Crash).
Edge Rush.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 03:31 AM   #6
Just started!

BrentP's Arena

I usually have success with this by running Cover 2 Man.
Base Align
Crash middle
Yellow zone my safety and user control MLB and patrol the middle.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:08 AM   #7
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

You have to use the coverage audibles this year. Blase, vanilla defenses won't hack it.

So underneath emphasis on your coverage audible, crash your DL (edge rush, I believe) and cover 2 (I prefer base cover 2, not sink).

Oh, and tackle. Tackling well keeps those gains around 2-4 yards and will make it hard on your opponent to get a first down in 3 plays.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:40 PM   #8
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

When are the best times to use base align

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online »