Home

Where are my fellow busy Madden gamers?

This is a discussion on Where are my fellow busy Madden gamers? within the Madden NFL Football Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2016, 03:29 PM   #1
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Where are my fellow busy Madden gamers?

Do you work during the day and can't always play a game every evening?
Do you have a wife or kids or a significant other with an active social calendar?
Do you want to play in a realism-style online CFM but can't commit to always being available within that 24-48 hr advance window?
Do you like the idea of franchise building being just as important as playing the games themselves?

I've been playing with the same ~14-15 guys in a realism/simulation style XBOX ONE league since M15 in Aug '14. We'll be firing back up when Madden 17 releases with a brand new look and a new home here at OperationSports, and we're aiming to fill up the remainder of our league with some dedicated members well in advance of M17's August release.

After Work Football League

Features of the league include:
  • 72 hr advances. Most weekday games expected to be played between 6-11p EST.
  • Casual but competitive atmosphere--a number of us are CFM vets at this point willing to teach what we know if you're new. Most of us started off as noobs in M15 together.
  • Focus on franchise building in addition to playing games. Every other season we will simulate over the course of a few days (i.e. seasons 2-4-6). This way we get more seasons under our belt, rewarding smart cap management, talent acquisition, and player development. This has been a huge hit with our members over the past couple Maddens.
  • Expectation is to complete 7 seasons (4 full user seasons + 3 sim seasons) with enough time to complete 9 seasons if enough hardcore folks don't want a summer break.
  • Realistic slider sets (I'm a data analyst IRL and periodically compare league stats vs NFL to adjust sliders for the most realistic gameplay).
  • 12 min quarters (~1 hr for a typical game) plus aforementioned realism sliders lead to a (gasp!) much greater focus on defense and field position! Play Madden the way it was meant to be played. Run the ball. Put together drives. Scoring should be difficult!
  • Content! We have a few members who produce video talk shows / podcasts / articles / Twitter updates / etc. Check out our awesome LEAGUE YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
  • Emphasis on realism. It'll never be perfect, and we want to avoid unnecessary or overly restrictive rules whenever possible. But the modern NFL will be used as the baseline for the kind of gameplay I expect to see (and how sliders are created to incentivize this kind of play).
  • Active Discord server for league chat, trade banter, scheduling, etc.

I realize we are still a ways out, but a few of you probably already know this is 100% your cup of tea. If interested, please check out the After Work Football League forum for more details or feel free to reply here or send me a private message. Team selection is first come, first serve--but you can switch to any open team up until release, and I will be actively trying my best to get as many people on their favorite teams as possible (better for longevity/stability).

Hope to see a few of you join us for a great CFM realism experience in Madden 17 soon!

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

Last edited by Aestis; 07-09-2016 at 12:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2016, 06:45 PM   #2
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Where are my fellow busy Madden gamers?

Updated with available teams for M17. For anyone looking for a realism-based, 32-man CFM experience, this is one of the most enjoyable & highly organized CFM experiences you will find. Sign up now before your favorite team is spoken for!

Dolphins
Jets
Chargers
Eagles
Lions
Packers

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

Last edited by Aestis; 06-26-2016 at 10:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online »