Home

(XB1) After Work Football League (OS League)

This is a discussion on (XB1) After Work Football League (OS League) within the Madden NFL Football Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2016, 01:16 PM   #1
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
(XB1) After Work Football League (OS League)

The core of After Work Football League has been playing together since the start of M15. Our turnover is very low, and as such this is the first recruitment post I've made since before M17 even released!

Our wait list has finally dwindled to 1-2 people. I don't like to be reactive, so I'd like to find a couple more folks who are looking for an amazing long-term Madden home. I realize "wait list" is not as sexy as the new league with 17 openings including your favorite team, or the one who has 2-3 more openings every week. But on the flipside, we can offer that proven long-term stability & realism-based gameplay that almost no other league can.

We're currently in playoffs of season 1 and about to head into back-to-back drafts (we simulate every other season to get deeper into the file and better prioritize team building... huge hit among our members, but not for everyone). Heading into a new season is always the likeliest time for 1-2 members to drop out due to lack of time/interest/etc.

If this sounds like a good fit for you, please respond below, send me a private message here on forums, or (best option) just hit me up on Discord (instructions below)!

Know that we do what we can to get fans on their favorite teams long-term, so if you are a long-time CFM vet searching for a true home, you'd have priority over non-fans for M18 team selection even if we can't accommodate your team preference initially.

Requirements:

Features of the league include:
  • 72 hr advances. Most weekday games expected to be played between 6-11p EST.
  • Casual but competitive atmosphere--a number of us are CFM vets at this point willing to teach what we know if you're new. Most of us started off as noobs in M15 together.
  • Focus on franchise building in addition to playing games. We simulate every other season over the course of a few days (i.e. seasons 2-4-6). This way we get more seasons under our belt, rewarding smart cap management, talent acquisition, and player development. This has been a huge hit with our members over the past couple Maddens.
  • Our own custom slider sets designed specifically for User v User gameplay based on our league's stats, providing unparalleled realism in gameplay (I'm a data analyst IRL and develop our sliders based specifically on our how league is tracking on a variety of gameplay metrics).
  • Schedule to complete 7-9 seasons (4-5 full user seasons + 3-4 sim seasons).
  • 12 min quarters (touch over 1 hr for a typical game) plus aforementioned realism sliders lead to a (gasp!) much greater focus on defense and field position! Play Madden the way it was meant to be played. Run the ball. Put together drives. Scoring should be difficult!
  • Content! We have a few members who produce video talk shows / podcasts / articles / Twitter updates / etc.
  • Emphasis on realism. It'll never be perfect, and we want to avoid unnecessary or overly restrictive rules whenever possible. But the modern NFL will be used as the baseline for the kind of gameplay I expect to see (and how sliders are created to incentivize this kind of play).
  • Active Discord server for league chat, trade banter, scheduling, etc.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

Last edited by Aestis; 11-02-2016 at 09:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2016, 01:32 PM   #2
Rookie

Cajungodfather's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: (XB1) After Work Football League (OS League)

Sent you a PM, I'm interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online »