Home

Sabo's The Revival Gameplay Mod - Madden 20 Edition

This is a discussion on Sabo's The Revival Gameplay Mod - Madden 20 Edition within the Madden NFL Football PC Released Mods forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Football PC Released Mods
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2019, 05:25 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Sabo's The Revival Gameplay Mod - Madden 20 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
Two things I might drop a minor update for will be lack of interceptions and very very slightly increasing user coverage by negating the AM boost cpu gets

Yes we’ve been able to trigger OL injuries on latest version
Remember, I watch cpu v cpu on slow using the mods...things have been great so far, but now in my 6th season, same team as last season and vers 1.3, had a stable game with players seemingly playing to their attributes, but now 2 games into the new 6th season (started 1.4 at week 1) and I'm seeing things I've never seen before like my Xfactor shutdown corner doing absolutely nothing anymore along with other super and x players. Everyone is bouncing around like ragdolls not able to cover or tackle and this is a team with the same players who were the #1 D the year before. Also, 5 FF by one player in first game and 4 fumbles the next throughout the game.

I know you're not making this particularly for cpu v cpu in watch mode, but any idea why this version has changed so much? I LOVE the coffin corner punting now though and special teams seems to be much improved, but I'm at a loss for how different the rest of the game is looking/feeling.

I know we can make our own changes, but I'm a lil shy to do that so my option would be to go back to 1.3 although I'll miss the ST improvements...

Anyone else noticing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2019, 04:51 AM   #122
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Arone
Remember, I watch cpu v cpu on slow using the mods...things have been great so far, but now in my 6th season, same team as last season and vers 1.3, had a stable game with players seemingly playing to their attributes, but now 2 games into the new 6th season (started 1.4 at week 1) and I'm seeing things I've never seen before like my Xfactor shutdown corner doing absolutely nothing anymore along with other super and x players. Everyone is bouncing around like ragdolls not able to cover or tackle and this is a team with the same players who were the #1 D the year before. Also, 5 FF by one player in first game and 4 fumbles the next throughout the game.

I know you're not making this particularly for cpu v cpu in watch mode, but any idea why this version has changed so much? I LOVE the coffin corner punting now though and special teams seems to be much improved, but I'm at a loss for how different the rest of the game is looking/feeling.

I know we can make our own changes, but I'm a lil shy to do that so my option would be to go back to 1.3 although I'll miss the ST improvements...

Anyone else noticing this?

I am at game 10 of my no mod season data collection experiment and once I finish the rest of the year I will be publishing my results. Then I will be starting up my 1.4 season experiment. I've only played 1 game with 1.4 in another season I was doing and the only thing I really noticed was more injuries. I had 4 of them in that game, only 1 was for a few weeks, the others were either just out for the rest of the game or missed a few plays.

I play the game the same way you do. What I am hoping to do when I collect the data for the 1.4 season is to see what the end results are over the course of the season and see if the community that plays the way we do can put our heads together and come up with sliders that work for how we play...if we need to tinker.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:54 AM   #123
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo_Pena
I am at game 10 of my no mod season data collection experiment and once I finish the rest of the year I will be publishing my results. Then I will be starting up my 1.4 season experiment. I've only played 1 game with 1.4 in another season I was doing and the only thing I really noticed was more injuries. I had 4 of them in that game, only 1 was for a few weeks, the others were either just out for the rest of the game or missed a few plays.

I play the game the same way you do. What I am hoping to do when I collect the data for the 1.4 season is to see what the end results are over the course of the season and see if the community that plays the way we do can put our heads together and come up with sliders that work for how we play...if we need to tinker.
Thanks Eduardo. It was probably just a two game (in a row) outlier. You have to expect extremes in games and take the long aggregate, but I was impatient and frustrated at my team's performance lol. Probably just coincidence it happened after installing 1.4.

It did seem I was seeing things that were complained about when the game first came out like XFactor players causing a huge amount of fumbles (that's what happened in my 5 FF game by one player), and DBs not covering or breaking like they always had for me up to 1.4. Sometimes I wonder if every time EA patches, the mods may be negatively affected by what EA fixes? I'm not very familiar with mods, in fact this is the first game I've ever used them on.

All that said, it would be nice to work out a "sim" version for players like us who loved HC Well, I'm going to continue season 6 now with 1.4 and see if it doesn't even out by the end of the year.

Thanks again.
Old 11-09-2019, 02:19 PM   #124
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Arone
Thanks Eduardo. It was probably just a two game (in a row) outlier. You have to expect extremes in games and take the long aggregate, but I was impatient and frustrated at my team's performance lol. Probably just coincidence it happened after installing 1.4.

It did seem I was seeing things that were complained about when the game first came out like XFactor players causing a huge amount of fumbles (that's what happened in my 5 FF game by one player), and DBs not covering or breaking like they always had for me up to 1.4. Sometimes I wonder if every time EA patches, the mods may be negatively affected by what EA fixes? I'm not very familiar with mods, in fact this is the first game I've ever used them on.

All that said, it would be nice to work out a "sim" version for players like us who loved HC Well, I'm going to continue season 6 now with 1.4 and see if it doesn't even out by the end of the year.

Thanks again.

I just finished my default settings/sliders season and boy was it ugly for the Ravens. I still need to compile the data and update my spreadsheet so I can post the results in my thread before I start up my new season with Sabo's mods.

What I have done is turned off the Enforcer role manually with bep's editor. I went in and edited all the players with Enforcer to Secure Tackler except for Luke Kuechly because he already has Secure Tackler, he gets Tackler Supreme instead.

Through the this season though I suffered only 4 injuries total. Onwuasor for 5 weeks and then later in the season he missed a few plays in a game, Gus Edwards for 3 weeks, and in a real bummer Mark Andrews who would have gone to the Pro Bowl had he not missed games by getting injured for 5 weeks with only 3 weeks to go in the season. Even so, he still led all TE in yards with almost 100 more than the second place TE. Anyway, when I finish entering in all the data I will post it to my sheet and upload it to google docs. You can follow my progress on this project here if you like.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:47 PM   #125
Rookie

Quote:
I just finished my default settings/sliders season and boy was it ugly for the Ravens. I still need to compile the data and update my spreadsheet so I can post the results in my thread before I start up my new season with Sabo's mods.

What I have done is turned off the Enforcer role manually with bep's editor. I went in and edited all the players with Enforcer to Secure Tackler except for Luke Kuechly because he already has Secure Tackler, he gets Tackler Supreme instead.

Through the this season though I suffered only 4 injuries total. Onwuasor for 5 weeks and then later in the season he missed a few plays in a game, Gus Edwards for 3 weeks, and in a real bummer Mark Andrews who would have gone to the Pro Bowl had he not missed games by getting injured for 5 weeks with only 3 weeks to go in the season. Even so, he still led all TE in yards with almost 100 more than the second place TE. Anyway, when I finish entering in all the data I will post it to my sheet and upload it to google docs. You can follow my progress on this project here if you like.
So after playing 4 more games this season, I've decided that the 1.4 mod is still another improvement. I played against Kuechly and he did get 2 FF but I'm actually okay with that (I never switched the Enforcer traits). Actually, I think what I saw initially was that 1.3 actually wasn't as accurate reflecting the attributes as 1.4 is...so my play went down a little bit (visually) but after 4 games I feel like it is more realistic now with differences between players abilities and personalities being more prominent.

I'm liking 1.4 a lot, even with the increase in injuries...yeah it sucks, but it is more reflective of the NFL we know today and what we look for is for the sim engine not to seem to be doing something only on the average. We need variation and 1.4 with the EA updates seems to be getting better

Color me a happy camper. Can't wait to see what Tdawg is releasing next since I also love his upgrade tool.

Quote:
7) This was originally created to track NFL HeadCoach 09 Stats. There are some stats that game tracks that Madden does not. If you see something unfamiliar and blank, disregard it
[/url]
lol, I still have my HC Excel sheets.

I'm feeling the gameplay in M20 with 1.4 now surpasses the game I wanted/had with HC...It's just a "feel" but right now, I'm liking what we have.

Last edited by Mac_Arone; 11-09-2019 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Comment on HC from other thread
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2019, 03:39 AM   #126
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I gotta say I'm not having much fun with 1.4. The CPU QB is regularly throwing 90%+ games and it seems like my DBs have forgotten how to defend downfield. Lots of high scoring games, CPU WR hands seem extra gluey. It feels kind of like I'm just playing on default all madden TBH. I'm seeing the custom intro screen so I assume that means the mod is installed correctly.

I sometimes can't tell if it it's just Madden CFM being weird and getting stuck in a bit of a loop of similar games, but it did seem to change straight away when moving from 1.3. Anyone else got a similar experience?
Old 11-13-2019, 08:24 AM   #127
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I gotta say I'm not having much fun with 1.4. The CPU QB is regularly throwing 90%+ games and it seems like my DBs have forgotten how to defend downfield. Lots of high scoring games, CPU WR hands seem extra gluey. It feels kind of like I'm just playing on default all madden TBH. I'm seeing the custom intro screen so I assume that means the mod is installed correctly.

I sometimes can't tell if it it's just Madden CFM being weird and getting stuck in a bit of a loop of similar games, but it did seem to change straight away when moving from 1.3. Anyone else got a similar experience?
I really wish people would just join the discord

I constantly share updated betas that address issues and its also for people to help me spot stuff out there

For example here is what 1.5 is going to have

-Decreased injuries
-Increase CPU QB aggressiveness
-Increased throw out of sack chance
-Reverted break on throw for zone except deep drops
-Increased interceptions
-Increased backspin punt chance
-Added sky punts
-Reverted hard and very hard catch difficulty to default
-Increased coverage slightly
-Decreased WR win chance against press
Old 11-13-2019, 12:27 PM   #128
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
I really wish people would just join the discord

I constantly share updated betas that address issues and its also for people to help me spot stuff out there

For example here is what 1.5 is going to have

-Decreased injuries
-Increase CPU QB aggressiveness
-Increased throw out of sack chance
-Reverted break on throw for zone except deep drops
-Increased interceptions
-Increased backspin punt chance
-Added sky punts
-Reverted hard and very hard catch difficulty to default
-Increased coverage slightly
-Decreased WR win chance against press
Here is the perpetual (maddening) problem with modifications be they by mods or sliders...the game changes and runs through "streaks".

When I first started this season of my franchise with 1.4 (just timed that way) it was incredibly different from the previous 5 seasons of my franchise with 1-1.3 mods. And I never saw that much of a difference between the mods during those seasons. When I started this season, the FIRST game of the season was against ATL who had an Enforcer (or something similiar Neal) and he had 5 FF that game. Also, my championship D I had built who led the league the previous year couldn't stop more than 10% of passes and no INTs...thus the post I posted back then...

I made it into the playoffs going 9-7 on 1.4 after going 14-2 last season with virtually the SAME players (as much as can happen in CFM) and I was frustrated and blamed 1.4.

But here's where I stand now and why I'm posting this. At some point, you have to decide this is the game I enjoy playing and then understand that games throughout the year will be incredibly different on both ends of the spectrum. You have to realize that every game is not going to be the same. You will have games where you fumble 7 times and you will have games where there won't be a TO all game by either team. Thus is the animal of football. There are SO many different variables to this game we love that we just have to accept we have created a base that seems to simulate what we love and then just lock it down and continue. Only if you notice a trend after several seasons should you modify, and then realize, trends happen even in a simulation just as they do in real life.

Now, all that said, and I figured this out 2 mods ago, each person is going to just have to decide, this is the mod I'm sticking with (which is nice and easy because we can just load the mod we want easy peazy) and be happy with our results which will vary exponentially, not only because of the mods and game engine rules but because of our players and THEIR variability within a single game as well as over their career. That is what we are trying to simulate and I believe 1.4 has made the most difference so far.

I was like well, this isn't as good as 1.3 because I'm not as successful as I was in 1.3 but then I realized my players are playing more to their stats and realistic to 1.4 and even though I lost the first playoff game (0-2 now in playoffs) I was much more satisfied with this season.

I'm sticking with 1.4 for a while, it's the first mod I've actually noticed changes in, especially in coffin corner punts which I love...yeah my best player only had 7 INTs this year compared to 12 last year...and I was surprised my RB was still 4th in league barely breaking 1k yards, but then I looked at last year's NFL stats and there were only 9 RBs >1k yards so... the game (statwise) was right in line.

Now, and I know I'm doing this backwards (start with negative end with positive) but the only negative I have is that there will invariably be certain aspects in future mods that I would like, but do not want all the other changes that occur in the mod. If there were a way to cherrypick which modifications we wanted but maintain our base mod engine (.4 for me) that would be the best of both worlds...

I guess that answer would be for me to learn how to mod myself wouldn't it :\ oopps...

Oh, but Sabo, Tdawg, and anyone else involved... THANK YOU!!!!! You have made an old Head Coach player VERY HAPPY!! I mean yeah, I still gripe about ALL the things EA does NOT do for my category of user...but you have made this game playable for a user like me so THANK you....

Final P.S. Just a few things that would be REALLY nice to be able to do while watching cpu v cpu....
  • call timeouts
  • change/call the play
  • better rules for 2 minute, 4 minute, and chewing the clock (game seems to think 12 seconds is the cutoff time instead of 3 or 4)

P.S. (again..i lied) One thing I just remembered...my QB had only 9 INTs all year...and yet had 4 INTs in that playoff game...is that a mod problem? Of course not, but this is a good example of how varied gameplay can be using the same mod. I just think it is very important for us to remember that and be patient enough to see how it plays over the long haul (at LEAST 1 complete season if not more).

Last edited by Mac_Arone; 11-13-2019 at 12:38 PM. Reason: I lied, another P.S.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Football PC Released Mods »