Home

Madden 19 Modding Discussion

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Modding Discussion within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2018, 12:24 PM   #369
Pro

trey31's Arena

OVR: 2
re: Madden 19 Modding Discussion

From 0001c00e.xml file header.
Code:
fileName="Franchise-GeneratorData" databaseName="Madden19_Gen4_CFM.Madden19_Gen4_CFM"
Has a ton of draft prospect generator data ranges:

Spoiler

Also includes all the weighted first and surname generated names (probability a generated player is named "Tom" instead of "Harry"... I just realized Harry Potter and Tom Riddle were probably named such due to the saying "Any Tom, Dick, or Harry"). Also includes generic coaches with coaching attributes/traits.

You know, I've never used xml but IIRC, someone could probably use this .xml to write a utility to generate draft classes with names and attributes, but no bodies/face/heads/skin/etc outside of Madden...? Would possibly be easier than changing everyone's body/face/skin from a Madden generated class. Might make it easier to create a 2020/2021 realistic draft class with actual NCAAF player names and blank slates for their body types and head/skin/faces?

I've got about an hour or so. Going to dig some more and then unpack another cas.cat

Last edited by trey31; 08-21-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:54 PM   #370
Rookie

Ogimaa's Arena

OVR: 4

Not sure if this would be a mod or not, but will there be a way to either port or easily transfer XB or PS roster files to PC. Or is there a way already?
Old 08-21-2018, 01:35 PM   #371
Pro

trey31's Arena

I'm probably going to put all of the xml files I find in a zip and google drive a link.

Here is the header and some random lines from 0001c334.xml
It appears to be mostly CPU AI for everything that happens in CFM Owner mode?

Spoiler

0001b50f.xml is kind of odd. Has players without names, perhaps CFM-generated camp bodies? asset IDs for team's draft picks. Concessions items, tons of those...

Moving on to:
Madden NFL 19\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\madden_installpack age_01

This cas.cat has no xml that I can find. some of the larger .dats are .mp4 files that are rotated 180 and mirrored in reverse. Also .MVH files but display MVhd in header.

All of the .dat files with the first bits that start "1A 45 DF A3" in HxD can be opened in Notepad++, saved as a"All Types" with .mp4 extension added and they'll open/play in MPC-HC. The ones that are mirrored and rotated have sound, the others don't. I probably got the container wrong, maybe .mkv? Idk, but they play.

Here is the video, can save it as download. Nothing special though.

Should I keep posting here or start another thread just for the decompressed game files? This thread has morphed about 4 times now and at this point feels like it's just a catch-all message board more than anything, my machine gun posting probably isn't helping...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2018, 01:43 PM   #372
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
I always thought this was the best site for Madden, crazy to see that site with all the modding for 08 on PC.

I'd live to play around with the game and try and edit it.

We'd need to install a program to do each thing? Like one for graphic/model changes and another program for the ratings?
Madden 08 PC is still very much alive including updated NFL rules
Old 08-21-2018, 02:13 PM   #373
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey31
I'm probably going to put all of the xml files I find in a zip and google drive a link.

Here is the header and some random lines from 0001c334.xml
It appears to be mostly CPU AI for everything that happens in CFM Owner mode?

Spoiler

0001b50f.xml is kind of odd. Has players without names, perhaps CFM-generated camp bodies? asset IDs for team's draft picks. Concessions items, tons of those...

Moving on to:
Madden NFL 19\Data\Win32\superbundlelayout\madden_installpack age_01

This cas.cat has no xml that I can find. some of the larger .dats are .mp4 files that are rotated 180 and mirrored in reverse. Also .MVH files but display MVhd in header.

All of the .dat files with the first bits that start "1A 45 DF A3" in HxD can be opened in Notepad++, saved as a"All Types" with .mp4 extension added and they'll open/play in MPC-HC. The ones that are mirrored and rotated have sound, the others don't. I probably got the container wrong, maybe .mkv? Idk, but they play.

Here is the video, can save it as download. Nothing special though.

Should I keep posting here or start another thread just for the decompressed game files? This thread has morphed about 4 times now and at this point feels like it's just a catch-all message board more than anything, my machine gun posting probably isn't helping...
May as well keep ppstingvhere no need to complicate things more until we have our ducks in a row
Old 08-21-2018, 03:53 PM   #374
MVP

OVR: 19

mod cfm stats to reflect minutes played by users. If a user plays 7 minute quarters the stats in a cfm for all ai controlled teams should reflect this also.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:36 PM   #375
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I forwarded this, with credit to you, to StingRay68. Hopefully this is what he was looking for. Which filename did it come from if you don't mind me asking? One of the xml files?

I'm going to dig more today but I have to head out already this morning. Keep in coming, anyone who wants to sift!
If you guys find anything else relating to colleges, send them to me. I’m the one working on the colleges code and ids. It makes it much easier to send them to me instead until I ship the file back, which I’ll notify when they’re complete and sent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2018, 06:50 PM   #376
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
I forwarded this, with credit to you, to StingRay68. Hopefully this is what he was looking for. Which filename did it come from if you don't mind me asking? One of the xml files?

I'm going to dig more today but I have to head out already this morning. Keep in coming, anyone who wants to sift!
Can't remember off the top of my head. I believe it was the main roster one. I didn't actually find colleges listed. I just noticed that all players had their college with an ID next to it. Copied the whole file over to Excel. Split the text in to columns. Filtered out all the junk we didn't need and was left with what I posted.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »