Home

Will Madden 20 support Ray Tracing?

This is a discussion on Will Madden 20 support Ray Tracing? within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2019, 11:04 PM   #9
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Will Madden 20 support Ray Tracing?

If EA gets ray tracing into sports games before 2021, I'd be shocked. I just looked at the Nvidia Optix guide (RT API), and wow...I've been a C++ software engineer for 5-years now and it took me some time to understand the basics of motion in acceleration nodes (huge in sports/racing games). BTW, I'm by no means a great software developer ...so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Like another said, I'd expect FIFA to be the first to get the treatment since the FIFA PC user base is pretty large (on social media especially).
Old 07-30-2019, 08:11 AM   #10
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

I have good news to report

I play on gtx970

I have it on direct x12
1440 with nvidia upscaling
Using nvidia anti aliasing disabled in game
Crowd on low and bloom and depth taken off

And I am having the smoothest games and frame rate utterly better than last year

Secondly ray tracing

Reshade creator has made a pseudo Ray tracing algorithm for resahde(look it up)

At the time I think you have to pay 20 for the ability but it’s worth it
Old 07-30-2019, 09:00 AM   #11
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

They do have ray tracing support in at least one other Frostbite game so far, BFV so they have at least done it for the engine. Who knows anything is possible, would be a good edition as my 2080Ti card has a lot of headroom at 1440p for this game so adding ray tracing might actually make the card work for it. :P I know BFV definitely stresses this card with it on. But this is a bigger game on console still and both PS4 and Xbox use AMD graphics without any hardware ray tracing components.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 07:39 PM   #12
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
They do have ray tracing support in at least one other Frostbite game so far, BFV so they have at least done it for the engine. Who knows anything is possible, would be a good edition as my 2080Ti card has a lot of headroom at 1440p for this game so adding ray tracing might actually make the card work for it. :P I know BFV definitely stresses this card with it on. But this is a bigger game on console still and both PS4 and Xbox use AMD graphics without any hardware ray tracing components.
Battlefield V is different because it is used as the "test bed" for Frostbite changes/upgrades. Until the updates flow out from DICE, the other games won't get the same treatment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »