Home

Getting my PC tomorrow, been a very long time. Question.

This is a discussion on Getting my PC tomorrow, been a very long time. Question. within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2019, 08:53 AM   #1
Rookie

GridironGreat's Arena

OVR: 0
Getting my PC tomorrow, been a very long time. Question.

So I have never really been a PC gamer. Haven’t even owned a PC in well over 10 years, haven’t needed one for anything. Decided to treat myself especially now that all Xbox games will be on PC day 1.

That said, if my PC has the latest tech can I simply just run madden max everything without tinkering? My specs are:

Intel i9 9900k, 8 x 3.60

RTX 2080 ti

32 GB DDR4-3200
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 09:23 AM   #2
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Getting my PC tomorrow, been a very long time. Question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridironGreat
So I have never really been a PC gamer. Haven’t even owned a PC in well over 10 years, haven’t needed one for anything. Decided to treat myself especially now that all Xbox games will be on PC day 1.

That said, if my PC has the latest tech can I simply just run madden max everything without tinkering? My specs are:

Intel i9 9900k, 8 x 3.60

RTX 2080 ti

32 GB DDR4-3200
Probably? I run everything at max except I run crowd at medium and I get a locked 60fps on a 4k TV. I have a much older Core i7 3.06ghz, 24gb DDR3 ram and I stuck a RTX 2070 in there and it's running like a champ. So I would think you would be ok....but that's the thing about PC gaming....there could be software issues or compatibility issues that come up so it's hard to say 100% but I'd say you are in good starting shape.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:46 AM   #3
Rookie

uzileaux's Arena

Those specs are overkill for Madden, you can run 4K with everything on Ultra if you wanted
Old 07-31-2019, 10:12 AM   #4
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

I run an i9 9900k w RTX 2080ti, if you are trying to everything maxed at 120hz you have to lower the crowd to medium. 60fps you can leave crowd maxed w your setup, for some reason the crowd just nukes even beast systems, you won’t notice a difference either, just lower the crowd setting and enjoy the buttery smoothness
Old 07-31-2019, 11:19 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridironGreat

Intel i9 9900k, 8 x 3.60

RTX 2080 ti

32 GB DDR4-3200
I have the same specs, Madden maxed will blow away 60fps at 4k

I do 4k on a gsync monitor maxed out and during game play I get 135 to 145fps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 12:24 PM   #6
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

That system will run any modern game easy at max settings 1440p. At 4k depending on game you will probably have to turn down some graphics to keep it over 60fps, just depends on the title. Madden games are tweaked to run on consoles so they didn't spend a lot of time investing in improving the graphics for the PC version. The PC version pretty much looks the same as on the XBox One X Enhanced version with some minor improvements above that.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:47 PM   #7
Rookie

GridironGreat's Arena

Thank you guys! I’m excited. I’m going to be using it mostly for gaming so I’m hooking it up to my 65” LG OLED E7P. I can’t wait.
Old 07-31-2019, 03:10 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
That system will run any modern game easy at max settings 1440p. At 4k depending on game you will probably have to turn down some graphics to keep it over 60fps, just depends on the title. Madden games are tweaked to run on consoles so they didn't spend a lot of time investing in improving the graphics for the PC version. The PC version pretty much looks the same as on the XBox One X Enhanced version with some minor improvements above that.
The pc version is light years ahead of the x version graphically. The grass is superior, so is the draw distance, the frame rate,

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »