Home

Really want to get madden for pc, whats the difference between 20 and 21?

This is a discussion on Really want to get madden for pc, whats the difference between 20 and 21? within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2020, 06:34 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Really want to get madden for pc, whats the difference between 20 and 21?

Madden 21 will have the following gameplay advantages over Madden 20 regardless of mods

Throw out of sack animation (Basically Madden 20 Last Ditch Ability)
AI QB Throw on the run outside of pocket
Speed/Triple option pitch actually triggering for CPU
WRs tracking ball/transition to RAC (they added in new locos for it)
Reaching for first down/touchdown
New Pass Rush system

Now modding has much larger benefits that outweighs those but they do add a freshness to the game.. the other big thing will be we have not figured out a way to add a 7th playoff team which will be huge if u plan on keeping the game for long time...
Old 11-07-2020, 09:45 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Really want to get madden for pc, whats the difference between 20 and 21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
While it cannot be modded I feel we have to at least acknowledge that there are (in my opinion) a few big things that Madden 21 has that Madden 20 doesn't. The DL interaction and the ability to execute moves to rush the QB is far more fulfilling on 21. The other big one is what many call the QB ability to throw out of a sack....which can be what it is. However, the bigger plus of this new feature is the ability to get a pass actually thrown when under pressure. In Madden 20 I have so many instances where my receiver just gets open and I go to throw but because a defender was getting close I get sucked into a sack animation and can't even throw a bad pass. This happens so much and infuriates me. On Madden 21 I can run a screen and wait until the very last second to dump it over the blitzing DL to my back. If I try this in 20 I get sacked 90% and the passes I do complete because I had to rush it get hit for a loss.

Almost forgot the RAC seems better on Madden 21 for me.....at least when I hit a guy on a crossing route if I throw it right he catches it in full stride and keeps running. When I went back to 20 it seemed like as the receiver catches it he shifts into an upfield turning like animation often that breaks his momentum a lot. So this feels better on 21....not sure if any mods for 20 fix this.

Now...to be fair I am a huge Madden mod user and have loved every bit of Madden 19 and 20 mods. I actually didn't want to like Madden 21 for this reason alone. I wanted it to be no different than Madden 20 so I could stick with it and all the mods. But the few things I mentioned are game changers to me.

Now I keep going back and try the updated mods Sabo and the guys are pumping out and they are even trying to get some of the throw out of sack abilities into Madden 20 but the last I checked it still felt like I was getting drawn into canned animations.

If they can get it feeling like Madden 21 a little more I'd likely go back so I have access to all the great mods out there.

Good Luck with your decision.
for me the throw out of sack alone is such a big difference and is something modding on 20 couldn't replicate.

feels so much better knowing i don't have to throw it a second before a defender gets to me or its a guaranteed sack.

yeah 20 had the ss ability that was similar, but it was nowhere near as fluid and i still got warped into sacks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »