Home

What does 21 do better than a modded 20?

This is a discussion on What does 21 do better than a modded 20? within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2020, 02:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
What does 21 do better than a modded 20?

I switched to Madden PC back during 19 and have loved it. I've been using the CFM Revival Mod and the Start Today mod while using custom draft classes and Tdawgs progression tool.

I recently got a PS5 and 21 was on sale for $35. I figure it wasn't a bad purchase considering my brother will get a free copy by using my old Pro while I get a free upgrade to the PS5 version.

My question for you all - have any of you played the console version of 21? How does it compare to a modded 20? Are there any positives/things the console version of 21 does better than a modded 20?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2020, 03:19 PM   #2
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
re: What does 21 do better than a modded 20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotter
I switched to Madden PC back during 19 and have loved it. I've been using the CFM Revival Mod and the Start Today mod while using custom draft classes and Tdawgs progression tool.

I recently got a PS5 and 21 was on sale for $35. I figure it wasn't a bad purchase considering my brother will get a free copy by using my old Pro while I get a free upgrade to the PS5 version.

My question for you all - have any of you played the console version of 21? How does it compare to a modded 20? Are there any positives/things the console version of 21 does better than a modded 20?
Nobody knows about the Next Gen version of Madden 21 but the PC version of Madden 21 and the PS4 version are identical except PS4 probably cannot maintain constant 60fps at all times and some textures/lighting may be less polished. Other than that any review or input you see here on the PC forum will apply to PS4.

Biggest advantage of Madden 21 are improved QB release so you can throw out of a sack, or more important to me, throw just before you get hit. Madden 20 sucked you into sack animations way too quickly. Also, I enjoy the line play more playing as a DE you can really generate a passrush and the controls feel better. Wide receivers catch in stride most of the time leading to better RAC yardage. Madden 20 I almost always see an animation driven hitch after the catch that slows it down.

Plus the obvious new playoff brackets.

The only real perks that Madden 20 has are all the awesome mods. Other than that I cannot think of anything about Madden 20 stock that is missing in Madden 21....except maybe the team intros. I though last years were bad until I saw this years that looks like a WWE intro showing highlights of plays that haven't even happened yet between the 2 teams.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6
re: What does 21 do better than a modded 20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Nobody knows about the Next Gen version of Madden 21 but the PC version of Madden 21 and the PS4 version are identical except PS4 probably cannot maintain constant 60fps at all times and some textures/lighting may be less polished. Other than that any review or input you see here on the PC forum will apply to PS4.

Biggest advantage of Madden 21 are improved QB release so you can throw out of a sack, or more important to me, throw just before you get hit. Madden 20 sucked you into sack animations way too quickly. Also, I enjoy the line play more playing as a DE you can really generate a passrush and the controls feel better. Wide receivers catch in stride most of the time leading to better RAC yardage. Madden 20 I almost always see an animation driven hitch after the catch that slows it down.

The only real perks that Madden 20 has are all the awesome mods. Other than that I cannot think of anything about Madden 20 stock that is missing in Madden 21....except maybe the team intros. I though last years were bad until I saw this years that looks like a WWE intro showing highlights of plays that haven't even happened yet between the 2 teams.
Great, thank you so much for the response. I appreciate you taking the time to share your input. Yeah I know the next-gen version of 21 hasn't arrived yet, but was just looking to compare the current-gen version of 21 to the modded version of 20. Glad to hear about the quicker release. I hated being sucked into a sack animation when I clearly hit the button in time.

I know a lot of stuff had been tweaked throughout the whole modding process for 20 so wanted to know if any of that was a noticeable difference between stock 21.
Old 12-16-2020, 10:25 PM   #4
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What does 21 do better than a modded 20?

Quote:

All of this. Also, the tackling is a lot better looking IMO. You can do HB slip screens a lot more effectively as well. Your ball carrier will often reach for 1st downs and the goal line. Man coverage is better across the board. The Qb doesn't fumble everytime he scrambles in 21. Much better game than 20 IMO.
Old 12-17-2020, 01:20 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Agreed to all of the above!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2020, 09:39 AM   #6
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Well, we all know the graphics are better on NG, which makes no sense because PCs can still be more powerful.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 12-31-2020, 01:05 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

I have 19 (didn't buy 20) which I actually like but saw 21 is on sale now for 30$ on Steam. With all the patches does it play well now? Or am I going to have to wait for additional patches to fix glaring issues?
Old 01-11-2021, 02:12 PM   #8
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
I have 19 (didn't buy 20) which I actually like but saw 21 is on sale now for 30$ on Steam. With all the patches does it play well now? Or am I going to have to wait for additional patches to fix glaring issues?
I just made the switch from Madden 20 with mods to Madden 21 a few days ago and can't see myself going back. I played my first few games on default All-Pro sliders and LOVED it. It's plays really really well out the box imo (on All-Pro vs CPU at least). I can't speak for All-Madden or User vs User games.

The CPU QB play is a lot better on 21 IMO.. even compared to the M20 mods. QB's roll out in BOTH directions and make throws on the run. The animations are great and overall the gameplay just feels smoother. I was initially stubborn and also influenced about making the switch due to negative things I read on forums and discord about Madden 21.

If we're talking gameplay and gameplay alone.. Madden 21 wins easy imo. I played with mods on 20 and different sliders for the longest and the game just felt redundant. I think a lot of people here who will advocate for 20 have valid points, but also have an attachment to the thousands of collective hours that have went into modding 20, and I get that. Certain things that are better on 20 modded are sim stats, the morale system, stadium upgrades, and things like that.

I knew I was making the switch to 21 after the first game. And after I played a game against Mahomes and saw how he moved in the pocket, scrambled, and threw on the run.. it was a no brainer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »