Home

Madden 21 Start Today Mod/Franchise File

This is a discussion on Madden 21 Start Today Mod/Franchise File within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2021, 08:47 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 21 Start Today Mod/Franchise File

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuder
Yeah, Sinthros will know for sure, but I'm 99% sure mods only work on the PC version of the game. You need to get it from Origin or (for M21 only) from Steam. The console versions of the game can not be modified in the same way the PC versions can. When you're using Xbox Game Pass, you're playing the console version of the game. Sorry about that, I know it's frustrating to have to buy a game more than once. You can get both Madden NFL 20 and 21 through EA Play though. That subscription works on both PC and console. If I'm not mistaken, I think Gamepass includes EA Play doesn't it? So, you may only need to go to Origin and install the client and download the game that way.
Thanks. I am talking about the pc version. I'm playing it through EA Play Pro via my Xbox game pass ultimate subscription. So it is on my computer. But I'm unable to use any mods.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2021, 10:36 PM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
Thanks. I am talking about the pc version. I'm playing it through EA Play Pro via my Xbox game pass ultimate subscription. So it is on my computer. But I'm unable to use any mods.

I think he knows that, but if it's on Game Pass it's not the same version you'd get from Origin or Steam, it's the console version of the software (even though you're playing it on PC.) Only the Origin or Steam versions are moddable.
Old 05-26-2021, 10:48 PM   #11
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterdouglas333
I think he knows that, but if it's on Game Pass it's not the same version you'd get from Origin or Steam, it's the console version of the software (even though you're playing it on PC.) Only the Origin or Steam versions are moddable.
Wait...you can play Xbox versions of the EA games on PC via gamepass? That doesn't sound right to me. Unless this just changed recently this isn't how it works. Am I wrong? I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate so I get PC and Xbox games but only on their own hardware.

Can someone clarify? Meanwhile...I'm gonna try this on my "origin" version of the game. Also...if this method actually worked....could we be playing the NextGen Madden on a PC with the updated physics? Just wondering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2021, 12:43 AM   #12
Pro

This is confusing. I subscribe to Xbox gamepass ultimate, which includes access to PC, as well as EA Play Pro. Shouldn't the game run the same as if you owned it? The point of having the subscription is to save and not have to buy the game. We are not talking about the XSX or PS5 versions. Those are completely different. But the Xbox One version should be the same as the PC version. Say I buy Madden 21 on the Xbox, but also want to play it on the PC. I should then be able to to play it through the EA desktop app, the same as if I bought it. Both are installed in the same directory. The only difference is that I'm using my gamepass subscription to access the PC version. Thus the Madden mods should still apply. The odd thing is when I put the files in the Madden save directory, they won't load in the game. It sees them, but there is no option to load them.

Old 05-27-2021, 01:12 AM   #13
Pro

I think I understand now. EA Play on PC is NOT the same as EA Play on Xbox gamepass. I would have to subscribe to the PC version of EA Play for the mods to load. It's the licensing that is different, not the game. I'm still playing the PC version. It's just that I'm playing the game through my gamepass subscription instead of the Origin subscription.

Old 05-27-2021, 04:19 PM   #14
Pro

sinthros's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
I think I understand now. EA Play on PC is NOT the same as EA Play on Xbox gamepass. I would have to subscribe to the PC version of EA Play for the mods to load. It's the licensing that is different, not the game. I'm still playing the PC version. It's just that I'm playing the game through my gamepass subscription instead of the Origin subscription.

I'm just now seeing all of this, but I'm pretty sure playing Madden through Xbox Gamepass doesn't let you use the PC mods for whatever reason, sorry.
Old 05-27-2021, 06:12 PM   #15
Pro

I ended up buying the game for $20 on Gamestop. Got tired of trying to figure this out. Everything is working fine now. For those interested, it's the Origin version that Gamestop is selling.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2021, 01:43 AM   #16
Rookie

Yeah so Xbox Game Pass is the Xbox versions of the game streamed, to clarify. Glad to hear you got the right one now though!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »