Home

EA needs to add secondary positions and LS position

This is a discussion on EA needs to add secondary positions and LS position within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2015, 02:45 AM   #9
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: EA needs to add secondary positions and LS position

I want them to add in formation subs like ncaa14, and true coach mode like again ncaa14, where when u run a read option or anything like that, u dont have to do it or switch to another player and then auto lock on them,
Old 09-06-2015, 06:26 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

We should also have a depth chart item for ST players if not then to individual Gunners etc.

It wouldn't be a major change as we're just talking adding the ability to pick the players who go out on ST rather than the CPU using your 5th CB for example,
Old 09-10-2015, 02:32 PM   #11
Rookie

tyreeii's Arena

OVR: 3

The unfortunate thing is Madden used to have secondary positions and formation subs and scouting reports. I think most of this was available in Madden 05 and 06. The best thing about it is it would force you to use more plays because teams would scout your top 3 plays. I think EA purposely removes features only to bring them back 7-10 years later in order to sell a new game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 10:36 PM   #12
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

for 3 years I have been waiting for them to fix the LS issue in CFM you can't put a LS that is a TE at LS!! its pathetic. you could do this for over 10 years until CFM came and ruined everything about this franchise, you can have a TE as LS in play now mode with your rosters but as soon as you start CFM CPU butchers the deptch charts/

so you gotta spend 2 hours moving LS that are listed as TE to C or G just so they can be put on LS
Old 09-10-2015, 10:39 PM   #13
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwagner82
It's a cool idea, but I don't think the WR/QB one would happen just because of online cheese trick plays. I do however think they should let you change players positions mid season, only for positions like the ones you listed (ones that are the same spot pretty much, just different schemes. I use the 49ers in one of my CFMs, and I moved them to a 4-3 since they lost most of their LBs. I had to move Brooks to DE to take advantage of the pass rush/run stop instead of using him in coverage. They just need to let us change those positions mid season, or at least times other than the offseason, as there is none year one of CFM and a lot of people don't want to make a new roster file every time they make a career!
that word online really annoys the crap out of me, all because some kids play that way us offline guys who play with real life friends have to suffer
Old 09-11-2015, 09:02 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred38515
EA needs to find a way to add a secondary position
Or, at least, let us edit LB's to Ends and CB's to FS/SS or vice versa.
It's ridicilous you can only move them from one side to the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatupu_64
To add to this, there should be more variety in the depth chart. Slot receiver and Nickel Corner should both be options. If I'm the Seahawks, I want Doug Baldwin in the slot and not as my number 1 WR in 3 WR sets. If I'm the Broncos, I want Chris Harris Jr at nickel in 3 CB sets
That's why they need to bring back the formation subs so you can go into each play in the playbook and specify which player you want where in any given situation. The formation subs should be in the menu so you can do it pre-game, like it used to work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »