Home

Unofficial FBG roster (PS4)

This is a discussion on Unofficial FBG roster (PS4) within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2015, 05:55 PM   #17
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Unofficial FBG roster (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
That is something that you will have to find out in mid-October when the rosters have been completed.
That's ridiculous. This whole thing is starting to rub me the wrong way. I'm sure I'm not alone either! You should be thankful myself and others here have done these rosters in the past which could no doubt help your cause whether you care to admit that or not. You know I'm a big fan of your work and hope you get hired as it's obvious that's a major motivating factor here. And I'm all for it! It would be amazing to have your ratings in the out of the box game I paid 65.00 for. This is a community though. We share, we help others understand or enjoy their game.

A few years ago when I 1st did 2ks playbooks someone wanted me not to release my work to the community and only use it for their roster to be released 2-3 months later. I was like no that's ridiculous. I won't go into why they wanted that but I'm sure everyone can figure it out. My point go's back to helping others enjoy their game. There was no selfish reasons (not saying your selfish) behind any of it.

This is actually becoming amusing to me...

Anyways, your the 1 who posted a thread on this so just looking for a little transparency here. All I want to know are 2 things....

1- will we be able to download these 1 way or another?

2- I really hope you are not going to charge for these!
Old 08-28-2015, 06:11 PM   #18
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
That's ridiculous. This whole thing is starting to rub me the wrong way. I'm sure I'm not alone either! You should be thankful myself and others here have done these rosters in the past which could no doubt help your cause whether you care to admit that or not. You know I'm a big fan of your work and hope you get hired as it's obvious that's a major motivating factor here. And I'm all for it! It would be amazing to have your ratings in the out of the box game I paid 65.00 for. This is a community though. We share, we help others understand or enjoy their game.

A few years ago when I 1st did 2ks playbooks someone wanted me not to release my work to the community and only use it for their roster to be released 2-3 months later. I was like no that's ridiculous. I won't go into why they wanted that but I'm sure everyone can figure it out. My point go's back to helping others enjoy their game. There was no selfish reasons (not saying your selfish) behind any of it.

This is actually becoming amusing to me...

Anyways, your the 1 who posted a thread on this so just looking for a little transparency here. All I want to know are 2 things....

1- will we be able to download these 1 way or another?

2- I really hope you are not going to charge for these!

Look, a lot of this stems from the fact that we already have a team doing this. Aside from sharing, another point of having a community is to have collaborative effort. If we had a bunch of people doing one roster really well, that would be far more beneficial than having 10 different people doing 10 different rosters. Wouldn't you agree? I would think that the pooling of our efforts would be more beneficial than not.

I also realize that this is a time-sensitive issue for several people. SECElit3 made a pretty good argument in stating that it actually takes more time to correct edits that were not done properly and audit the entire roster instead of doing every player correctly the first time.

People can make their own rosters, but I would prefer that they first join a team. Itbeme23 is already putting together a PS4 team, so why wouldn't "The dude abides" just try to help everyone out on one roster? That doesn't make sense to me. He is more than welcome to help in that effort.

The other thing is that I would not like unofficial FBG rosters out there that are not 100% accurate. People may be basing their opinions on incorrect rosters and ratings. That hurts us...a lot. I would prefer that there are only OFFICIAL rosters on EA Share so people get the correct data.

Your question and comment are probably more appropriate in the Official FBG Ratings Roster thread, but since you asked:

1. You will be able to download them.
2. At this point, they will be free of charge.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 08-28-2015, 06:24 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Unbelievable, this guy hid the numbers on his site. I already said I wasn't going to share anything else.

I deploy in two weeks. I don't have till mid October. Put the numbers back so I can work on my own roster. I already said I wasn't sharing the updates anymore.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:34 PM   #20
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by "The dude abides"
Unbelievable, this guy hid the numbers on his site. I already said I wasn't going to share anything else.

I deploy in two weeks. I don't have till mid October. Put the numbers back so I can work on my own roster. I already said I wasn't sharing the updates anymore.
If you tried to get on the site earlier this afternoon, you would have noticed that it was down. I was doing updates. I am attempting to add some new fields (consistency and confidence) and I have to clear out the data in the attribute fields in order to upload the new fields. It should be back up this evening if I can get it to work properly the first time.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 08-28-2015, 06:38 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Whew, thanks. Sorry about the mix up.

I had put over 16 hours in to this already. I was afraid I had done the work for nothing (i input offense in to several teams and then go back and do defensive ratings).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2015, 06:59 PM   #22
Rookie

Ogimaa's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
The website contains my intellectual property. The fact that we are doing official rosters this year is to benefit everyone. I took applications for team leaders and they took the time to form teams to do these rosters correctly for download. Releasing unofficial rosters with unofficial data flies in the face of what we are trying to accomplish. This is bigger than the individual user, so it will be treated as such. I have had issues with people attempting to profit off of my IP, and they were served with Cease and Desist letters. Fortunately for them, they quit doing what they were doing.

Now, in the past I strongly encouraged people to edit rosters, but this year is different. This year, there is an official team that will be making official rosters available for download. We want exposure to the website because it is our belief that it will benefit everyone in the long term.

That being said, I would like to request that any unofficial rosters are not released on EA Share or any other sharing applications so that FBG ratings will get the benefit of any user traffic wishing to use FBG ratings in the game. I realize that this is only a request and I cannot make anyone do anything, but keep in mind that you may in fact be hurting our effort by doing so. If this gets out of hand, I will altogether, pull the ratings from the site until our rosters are completed in mid-October. I don't want to do that, but it may be my only choice to ensure that nothing inhibits our goals. If that is the case, then nobody benefits until the official roster release.

Fair enough?
Not fair enough, I deleted that post to avoid a pissing match. I will put whatever rosters I want on PS share or anywhere else for that matter. Ridiculous that you think otherwise. I bought this game, so I will do what I want with it. And you threaten to take down your ratings???? Little secret it will always be available online (very public place). Just a thought. HAND
Old 08-28-2015, 07:17 PM   #23
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogimaa
Not fair enough, I deleted that post to avoid a pissing match. I will put whatever rosters I want on PS share or anywhere else for that matter. Ridiculous that you think otherwise. I bought this game, so I will do what I want with it. And you threaten to take down your ratings???? Little secret it will always be available online (very public place). Just a thought. HAND
SMH....

If you'd actually taken the time to think before writing the above post, you'd realize how ridiculous it sounds. I don't know if you're familiar with intellectual property and/or non-disclosure agreements, or anything of that nature. Simply put, the ratings info that is available on the FBG website is Dan's PROPERTY. He's sharing it at his discretion, and he can take the ratings off whenever he chooses.

You're response makes it seem like he's required to share those ratings. So, while you may feel entitled to put "whatever roster you want" on EA Share, the info that you're compiling is from Dan's website. So if he takes it down, then what happens to the roster that you want to share??? If it's based on FBG ratings, then it'll either be incomplete at best, or fraudulent at worst.

The people that are making this more difficult than it should be are those that can't wait for an official release (with the exception of the OP, since he is being deployed. Thanks for all you do.). Anybody outside of that simply lacks the patience, and is pissed off because the rosters aren't coming out fast enough for their liking.

That, my friend, is what's REALLY ridiculous.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:28 PM   #24
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by itbeme23
SMH....

If you'd actually taken the time to think before writing the above post, you'd realize how ridiculous it sounds. I don't know if you're familiar with intellectual property and/or non-disclosure agreements, or anything of that nature. Simply put, the ratings info that is available on the FBG website is Dan's PROPERTY. He's sharing it at his discretion, and he can take the ratings off whenever he chooses.

You're response makes it seem like he's required to share those ratings. So, while you may feel entitled to put "whatever roster you want" on EA Share, the info that you're compiling is from Dan's website. So if he takes it down, then what happens to the roster that you want to share??? If it's based on FBG ratings, then it'll either be incomplete at best, or fraudulent at worst.

The people that are making this more difficult than it should be are those that can't wait for an official release (with the exception of the OP, since he is being deployed. Thanks for all you do.). Anybody outside of that simply lacks the patience, and is pissed off because the rosters aren't coming out fast enough for their liking.

That, my friend, is what's REALLY ridiculous.
No one (at least me) is pissed off here. You came into this guys thread. Now you say it's ok for him because he's being deployed. The point some are making including myself is if he wants to make a roster and take the time to do it so be it. I understand some of the points in official and unofficial roster but his thread does say unofficial so not hard to figure out these are not going to be 100% accurate or backed by you guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »