Home

Fun little idea re: draft classes in CFM

This is a discussion on Fun little idea re: draft classes in CFM within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2016, 05:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 20
Fun little idea re: draft classes in CFM

Call it the modern/classic hybrid approach. With full editing now, it hit me it might be pretty damn fun to hybridize classic rosters into your CFM.

Just off the top of my head, say the first five picks of the draft (or maybe just the first three, or the top ten, whatever you want obviously) those teams get the rookie version of an all-time player.

So like the 49ers get the top pick, instead of giving them Deshaun Watson or Leonard Forenette or whoever, give them Joe Montana or Jerry Rice instead. Bears pick third? Give them Dick Butkus or Brian Urlacher, hell Walter Payton, even Jim McMahon, whoever. Jets? Time for Joe Namath to make a return.

Alternatively, screw the team-affiliation thing and just put all-timers anywhere. Bo Jackson to the Chiefs, Terry Bradshaw a mid-round pick to the Raiders in 2019, Dan Marino the #1 pick to the Saints in 2020. So on and so forth.

Dig it?

So anyway, I figured to give this thread some legs, if you create an all-time great, post his ratings here, then people can use the template should they choose to follow suit in whatever capacity.

Cheers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 07:31 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Fun little idea re: draft classes in CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Call it the modern/classic hybrid approach. With full editing now, it hit me it might be pretty damn fun to hybridize classic rosters into your CFM.

Just off the top of my head, say the first five picks of the draft (or maybe just the first three, or the top ten, whatever you want obviously) those teams get the rookie version of an all-time player.

So like the 49ers get the top pick, instead of giving them Deshaun Watson or Leonard Forenette or whoever, give them Joe Montana or Jerry Rice instead. Bears pick third? Give them Dick Butkus or Brian Urlacher, hell Walter Payton, even Jim McMahon, whoever. Jets? Time for Joe Namath to make a return.

Alternatively, screw the team-affiliation thing and just put all-timers anywhere. Bo Jackson to the Chiefs, Terry Bradshaw a mid-round pick to the Raiders in 2019, Dan Marino the #1 pick to the Saints in 2020. So on and so forth.

Dig it?

So anyway, I figured to give this thread some legs, if you create an all-time great, post his ratings here, then people can use the template should they choose to follow suit in whatever capacity.

Cheers.
Very interesting idea.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 09-15-2016, 09:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is highly underrated to keep you engaged in your franchise.. I do this all the time too man! I currently have a bunch of legends dispersed throughout the league. on their respective teams, there are clones of Steve Young, Jim McMahon, Brian Westbrook, Edgerrin James, Clinton Portis, Randy Moss, John Lynch (Actually on Jags :/ ) Ronde Barber, Zach Thomas, Walter Payton, and a whole bunch more going into the 5th year of my Franchise (I sim a lot of games that don't excite me and let the sim engine give me the Win or Loss). Each year, I just scroll through some top prospects from the draft (High overall, preferably quick or superstar dev but not required) and if I can think of a good legend that played that position on that team, I'll change their name, look, number, equipment... adjust some ratings here and there and go on with my season.. Takes me about an hour or so to do ewch year but I know a few years into my franchise, Im gonna love Seeing those guys names instead of random names I have no connection too. I even have a few of my old teammates and "movie" players when I can't really think of a guy I liked on a team such as Booby Miles, Shane Falco, Bobby Boucher, Willie Beamon, Billy Bob, Earl Meggett.. And of course a few top prospects sprinkled in there such as Fournette, McCaffrey, Myles Garret, Jabril Peppers just to name a few

One thing I make sure to check on at the end of the year is the rookie of the year awards and pro bowl to see if any new un-edited rookies won/made it..because those guys ratings really shoot up with "Tdawgs XP Sliders"..
It really makes things more engaging when the stars of today start to retire/regress. I probably look forward to the post-draft process more than I look forward than the actual draft now! Lol...
Old 09-22-2016, 02:01 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

How do I take off the patch to enable draft class editing ? I downloaded the patch that turns itself off please help! Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »