Home

Fictional Roster Request

This is a discussion on Fictional Roster Request within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2018, 08:35 PM   #9
Rookie

diamond_ten's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fictional Roster Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockinson
Already considering turning some of the older QBs into kickers, the big and tall QBs into TEs, the taller WRs, DBs, and smaller linebackers into QBs.
Hey Brock, does your 2005 roster already do a bunch of this? Maybe starting with that will make it even harder to recognize the stars of today?
I'd say iteach's 87 roster would as well but the equipment would be much older looking
Old 01-23-2018, 09:41 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond_ten
Hey Brock, does your 2005 roster already do a bunch of this? Maybe starting with that will make it even harder to recognize the stars of today?
I'd say iteach's 87 roster would as well but the equipment would be much older looking
Not a bad idea, but I already started making it using a preseason roster this afternoon. Idk how long it will take me, but I'm starting on the AFC west. Would anyone be willing to do another fictional division when I'm finished with it?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2018, 08:46 AM   #11
Rookie

diamond_ten's Arena

Quote:
Not a bad idea, but I already started making it using a preseason roster this afternoon. Idk how long it will take me, but I'm starting on the AFC west. Would anyone be willing to do another fictional division when I'm finished with it?

What types of teams will you be putting in the AFC west?
I mean what is their story / makeup

I'd be willing to take a division when your AFC west is complete and wanted to think of their makeup now but first wanted to see what four types of teams you will have in there first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2018, 11:58 AM   #12
Rookie

I'm nowhere close to being finished, but I'm mostly trying to distribute the talent of certain position groups on a Great/Good/Average basis.
Great will likely have a few players in the 90s of that position group, Good will likely have many 80s to high 70s players, and average will be mid to low 70s with backups usually being low 70s or lower.
Here the plan I have written down so far in regard to general team identity:

Chiefs: Great QB 1 Great WR, avg run game/Oline, Good DL & LBs, avg secondary

Broncos: Weak QB/avg WRs, Great RB/Oline, Good overall Defense

Raiders: Great QB (using Eric Berry), good Oline, Avg receivers and running game, Weak secondary.

Chargers: 1 Great receiver, Good QB & RB, weak Oline & TE, Good secondary, avg pass rush (LB/DL)

I'm also working on eliminating the high profile real-life players. I'll release them from their team, change their names and equipment, and tune down their ratings to turn most of them into back ups, but some I will change their position based on physical features and how well the player looks in the game.

I made Cam Newton, Paxton Lynch, and JJ Watt into TEs, moved Gronkowski to DE, made Eric Berry and Landon Collins into star QBs, turned two smaller linebackers into Tim Tebow type QBs, turned Marcus Mariota and Colin Kaepernick, and Richard Sherman into wide receivers, turned Antonio Brown into a corner.
It's a lot of work, but its been fun to play around with stuff like that. If anyone wants to edit divisions feel free to go crazy with it, but I recommend we should try and maintain a variety of strengths and weaknesses between the teams to balance the roster out.

I'll let you all know when my AFC West is done and I'll post it up on PS4 for someone to edit another division, you can have first crack at it diamond_ten. What kind of stuff would you want to do with it?
Old 01-25-2018, 12:34 PM   #13
Rookie

diamond_ten's Arena

Btw I'm phantomfi6hter on PS4 and Madden custom rosters YouTube etc....

I have lots of ideas haven't decided what four to go with.

I'd like to have one be a spread chip Kelly returns kinda team where he ignores the rules and goes with a two QB approach. Maybe even carries four on the roster as the QB will run a lot.

Would also like a window closing type team with elite but aging QB that has never gotten that ring. And some high profile free agents brought in to help with this (so no to little cap room left and a lot of last year of contract players)

Other ideas I have is the up & coming offense (like rl Tampa Bay seems like they could be a playoff team but just isn't yet)

Or

Old school smashmouth ream, aerial assault team, team built on athleticism draft not actual tape, opposite of that great tape but average athleticism, maybe a team with very little free agents (whole team was drafted by this organization), and many others that I want to get down to four for what I'll probably do as the AFC North.

I actually have a spreadsheet of ideas. Lol
Old 01-25-2018, 01:19 PM   #14
Rookie

Yeah I knew you were one of the group, just didn't remember who.

It's cool that there's a lot of ideas circulating out there. Changing rosters this much is a pretty big undertaking. No idea when we might finish this one.

Old 01-25-2018, 07:41 PM   #15
Rookie

Well ****, I'm having an issue, I'm working on the Chiefs and it says I can't sign free agents or I'll go over the salary cap, but I only have 45 dudes on the roster right now.....I can't even sign a kicker.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2018, 08:05 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Well ****, I'm having an issue, I'm working on the Chiefs and it says I can't sign free agents or I'll go over the salary cap, but I only have 45 dudes on the roster right now.....I can't even sign a kicker.

What I do with my Fictional Xbox roster is try to go with mostly younger players and then release pricey veterans is to free agent pool. Very important to edit anyone you release to 0 on Awareness rating in case you need to resign them later as roster filler.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »