Home

Traits Matter

This is a discussion on Traits Matter within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2018, 10:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Traits Matter

As most of you know by now, some traits on Madden 19 can absolutely ruin game play. Most notably, the high motor trait. I've read a few different threads talking about different traits to change and turn off, which I have done and it has definitely improved the game from a realism standpoint, but something is missing and I just can't quite nail it. The QB play has been so erratic and it drives me crazy. I understand the NFL is unpredictable, but I literally have on week where I stifle Drew Brees into 3 picks and then get absolutely picked apart by Blake Bortles and Eli Manning. I've tinkered with some traits, but I just can't figure it out. Basically, I'm asking for all you Madden gurus to help a brother out! Lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2018, 09:23 PM   #2
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Traits Matter

Double check what type of QB they have you set at. Wilson was at balanced so I had to change him to scrambling. Also put senses pressure to trigger happy and forces passes to balanced. High motor and clutch off. Throws ball away, off. And lastly penalties, undisciplined. You will see the difference right away.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:48 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc thompsoncanyon838
Double check what type of QB they have you set at. Wilson was at balanced so I had to change him to scrambling. Also put senses pressure to trigger happy and forces passes to balanced. High motor and clutch off. Throws ball away, off. And lastly penalties, undisciplined. You will see the difference right away.

Why would you turn clutch off? How would this improve play from him?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-08-2018, 04:00 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanech24
Why would you turn clutch off? How would this improve play from him?

IMG_2968.jpg

Old 11-09-2018, 10:24 AM   #5
Pro

It's strange. Like if you notice they have Russell Wilson as balanced in QB edits. One has to change to scrambler for him to move better. You know how Madden is, things aren't necessarily as described. High motor and clutch off enhances the gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2018, 10:28 AM   #6
Pro

Some people use sliders,some use traits adjustments to improve gameplay. I recently started a slider thread under Play Now settings and have received good response. I am in the process of creating an extensive edits thread of both traits and attributes settings.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:21 PM   #7
Pro

My brand new traits and ratings thread is now complete! Make as many,or as little adjustments as you want. The results will be improved game play !
Old 12-01-2018, 11:01 PM   #8
Rookie

Just a thought as I'm definitely not an expert. Lol.

I actually keep high motor trait on for elite quarterbacks. It seems to make them more consistent through the game so you don't have as much inconsistency as stated in the original post. Just a thought

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »