Home

1977 Nfl rosters Madden 20 for PS4

This is a discussion on 1977 Nfl rosters Madden 20 for PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2019, 09:45 PM   #81
Pro

Soundwave_8177's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 1977 Nfl rosters Madden 20 for PS4

I'm aiming towards 2-3 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Although not officially announced it looks like you are close to finishing a 1966 season file? Do you have an estimate on when you may be done?

Thanks!

C
Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2019, 10:00 PM   #82
Pro

Soundwave_8177's Arena

https://youtu.be/NKksH5U-aCg

Old 12-12-2019, 11:21 PM   #83
Pro

Soundwave_8177's Arena

https://youtu.be/vWuY9jYDzko

Old 12-13-2019, 04:07 AM   #84
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave_8177
This is looking fabulous ..... someone else is progressing nicely on a 1965 set which leaves us very close to a 1967 set which would include those newer franchises such as New Orleans & Atlanta. '68 brought in the Cincinnati Bengals ........ Great Football came to life about that time period in my opinion. THANKS !
Old 04-30-2020, 05:33 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 1

You did an AWESOME job with your 1977 roster and I greatly appreciate the time and effort you put into it. My first football cards also came from the 1978 Topps set and the nostalgia is incredible!

My question is with the '77 Buccaneers base roster. I wanted to make some alterations, but they are over the cap. Compounding the problem is the backup RT, Howard Fest, has a cap hit of about $14 million and his overall salary is almost $40M and you can't get rid of him because of a pre-existing injury. Releasing other players only puts a small dent in the deficit, so everything is pretty much stuck.

I think I know the answer to this already, but is there a possible workaround to fix this? Thanks buddy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2020, 06:16 PM   #86
Pro

Soundwave_8177's Arena

Thank you. You can trade with a lower salary cap player from an expansion team. Just edit the player you want keep a low overall and then sign him to a team like the Jaguars For example and then trade him. lets say player A is 14 mil. And is on Buccaneers team and you want to get rid of him you would need to trade for a player B That has a lower cap hit. Once you trade him adjust overall. Hope I made a little sense. When I made this roster I was not keeping an eye on Cap sorry that goes for 1995 nfl roster also. As for Injured players they are pretty much set in stone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkach
You did an AWESOME job with your 1977 roster and I greatly appreciate the time and effort you put into it. My first football cards also came from the 1978 Topps set and the nostalgia is incredible!

My question is with the '77 Buccaneers base roster. I wanted to make some alterations, but they are over the cap. Compounding the problem is the backup RT, Howard Fest, has a cap hit of about $14 million and his overall salary is almost $40M and you can't get rid of him because of a pre-existing injury. Releasing other players only puts a small dent in the deficit, so everything is pretty much stuck.

I think I know the answer to this already, but is there a possible workaround to fix this? Thanks buddy!

Last edited by Soundwave_8177; 04-30-2020 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:41 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, I was just trying to do that. But there is no way to release or trade Fest because he's already injured and they won't let me get rid of him. Every historic roster I see (Best of the 80s, 1986) also has this problem because they have one player on the team with that same exact salary and cap hit. Because of that, the Bucs are 700 million over the cap in all of those files and there is no way to pare the roster enough with the other high-priced players to get underneath and you'll go under the roster position requirements.

I don't know if you can play around with your '77 file and see if there's a way to get around it without re-saving the file. If so, please let me know how you did it. If not, no biggie at all.

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2020, 03:36 PM   #88
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkach
Yeah, I was just trying to do that. But there is no way to release or trade Fest because he's already injured and they won't let me get rid of him. Every historic roster I see (Best of the 80s, 1986) also has this problem because they have one player on the team with that same exact salary and cap hit. Because of that, the Bucs are 700 million over the cap in all of those files and there is no way to pare the roster enough with the other high-priced players to get underneath and you'll go under the roster position requirements.

I don't know if you can play around with your '77 file and see if there's a way to get around it without re-saving the file. If so, please let me know how you did it. If not, no biggie at all.

Thanks!
Sorry to butt into the conversation here, but a couple of questions.

Are you planning on using the roster in franchise mode?
If so, it really does not matter. Simply turn off pre-existing injuries and the salary cap. Once in you have everything set up, make all of the alterations you want and then save that file as your template in Franchise and then start a new franchise from that template.

Injured players do not matter in Play Now games, they are still usable. I use to always make them kickers or punters and then release them then in Franchise, but since they are still playable in Play Now, I actually find someone on the team to make them into.

You mention seeing this problem in other classic roster, and mentioned 1986. To my knowledge, there are no teams will a salary cap issue in that roster or 1988 or 1991 (all ones I made). If you are seeing a salary cap issue, please let me know, because there should not be.

The problem is, when making a classic roster, if you release too many players at once, or the wrong player, you can turn the salary cap into the negative hundreds of millions. Once that is done, there is no way to fix it outside of Franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »