Home

Madden 20 PS4 1971 NFL

This is a discussion on Madden 20 PS4 1971 NFL within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2020, 03:52 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 PS4 1971 NFL

@Soundwave_8177, @tuckermaine

I'm going to make "60s" offensive and defensive playbooks that will likely work well with this roster, and will post to the share if EA ever fixes it so that we can download files again.

I thought you two would appreciate this story:

I grew up a Cowboys fan, and was living in South Florida in January 1976. I somehow found out when the Cowboys plane was arriving at Ft Laud airport prior to SB X, so I convinced my brother to drive with me to meet the plane when it landed. I remember being able to see the players get off the plane and onto buses (we were separated only by a chain link fence). Then I said, "let's follow the buses and see where they're staying". So we followed them to the hotel.

We tried to get in the front lobby but security wouldn't let us in. Finally, one of the guards told us quietly, "if you go around the side of the hotel to the back, no one will stop you". DONE!

We did exactly that, and as we entered the pool area, the first 2 players we saw were Drew Pearson and Lee Roy Jordan. We chatted with them a bit, and then entered the lobby thru the back. Too Tall Jones, some other players, and Tom Landry! Are you freaking kidding? Tom Landry! It was AWESOME!

I got some autographs that day, and went back a few days later with the Dallas Cowboys Great Teams Great Years book, and got a few more. My head was in the clouds for quite a while. :-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2020, 04:28 PM   #66
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgeek
@Soundwave_8177, @tuckermaine

I'm going to make "60s" offensive and defensive playbooks :-)
GREAT ! as I am in the process of creating a Great Teams of the '60s roster set which will go perfect with your playbooks .....

Last edited by doncropper; 04-05-2020 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-12-2020, 09:56 PM   #67
MVP

I am currently working on a better playbook for use with this roster and others of this era.

Version 1 is uploaded now: 6070SRUN is the filename.
It is based on my old RUNHEAVY playbook, but has several changes and star rating differences. I am about to test it, so it is not final yet.

I also created a better Defensive playbook: 6070S43DEFENSE is the filename.
Also, just finished and still testing, so feedback would be great.
As defenses were at the time, it is limited. Only base 4-3(no over/under), 4-4, 5-2 for normal formations. No strange coverages or weird blitzes. Nickel and Dime are also there, but should only be used in long situations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »