Home

Roster importing in this year?

This is a discussion on Roster importing in this year? within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2020, 04:59 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
Roster importing in this year?

Any news if EA is allowing roster importing this year? If not, I feel bad for the classic team creators. I gave up trying to do this year after year after year. I know some folks have made some great sets for this year. Just praying EA allows us to carry them over.

Anyone heard anything definitive?

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2020, 06:20 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Roster importing in this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Any news if EA is allowing roster importing this year? If not, I feel bad for the classic team creators. I gave up trying to do this year after year after year. I know some folks have made some great sets for this year. Just praying EA allows us to carry them over.

Anyone heard anything definitive?

C
This years available Treasure Chest of so many Great Classic Rosters has me totally convinced that I will not be moving to Madden21 UNLESS Roster transfer capability is part of it.

I likely will be purchasing Madden21 to grab rosters others might make BUT the Bulk of my Time enjoying Classic Rosters will be spent here on Madden20.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:00 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
This years available Treasure Chest of so many Great Classic Rosters has me totally convinced that I will not be moving to Madden21 UNLESS Roster transfer capability is part of it.

I likely will be purchasing Madden21 to grab rosters others might make BUT the Bulk of my Time enjoying Classic Rosters will be spent here on Madden20.
I played with soundwave’s 2001 file the other day. I have to say, I like this file quite a bit. The default playbooks work well with this roster. Teams had stopped running the far/near formations and split back formations so much by 2001. The default playbooks fit this era much better. Also, the gameplay engine works better for this era. This may be the furtherest season you can go back and not have to use custom playbooks.

Also really like soundwave’s ratings with this set. His ratings seem to be different from set to set. Not a criticism. I just prefer the ratings he used with this set. Percussion’s 88 set is quite righteous as well. His playbooks are amazing as well. Those are the only two sets I’ve played with extensively outisde of the 1995 set I recited from soundwave;’s work. Would love to give percussion’s 1991 set a go. But love with 2001 i can just plug and play and not worry about playbooks so much. Honestly with the 2001 set, I’ve been looking up team’s defenses and using the default d book and assigning every offense the default west coast generic book.

In play now, you can use any default playbook and it Sticks and works in the game. You can do this for both sides. This doesn’t work with custom playbooks.

The biggest problem with /custom playbooks is you can only save so many files on madden. I think it’s 50 files, not sure on that. Doesn’t matter if it’s roster, playbooks, draft classes or franchises. If you save too many files, you’ll get an unescapable ‘too many saved files’ error when you play/watch a game. With the unreliability of ea share, i don’t feel safe deleting all 32 custom playbooks I created for the 1995 roster. That’s the only reason I didn’t do the 1966 file the past two years. It only lets you save so many files. Which is crazy because my ps4 has all kinds of hard drive space. I know jack about programming. Don’t know if this is fixable. I think they do it on purpose so you can’t have too many files and you’ll have to buy next year. Not sure why there’s a limit to saved files.

Also wish i could play with playmakers best of the 1990s set but it’s on xbox. I bought PS4 this year.

Good hearing from you don and capa. Been a while since I heard from you guys. Hope all is well.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 07-04-2020, 10:14 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I played with soundwave’s 2001 file the other day. I have to say, I like this file quite a bit. The default playbooks work well with this roster. Teams had stopped running the far/near formations and split back formations so much by 2001. The default playbooks fit this era much better. Also, the gameplay engine works better for this era. This may be the furtherest season you can go back and not have to use custom playbooks.

Also really like soundwave’s ratings with this set. His ratings seem to be different from set to set. Not a criticism. I just prefer the ratings he used with this set. Percussion’s 88 set is quite righteous as well. His playbooks are amazing as well. Those are the only two sets I’ve played with extensively outisde of the 1995 set I recited from soundwave;’s work. Would love to give percussion’s 1991 set a go. But love with 2001 i can just plug and play and not worry about playbooks so much. Honestly with the 2001 set, I’ve been looking up team’s defenses and using the default d book and assigning every offense the default west coast generic book.

In play now, you can use any default playbook and it Sticks and works in the game. You can do this for both sides. This doesn’t work with custom playbooks.

The biggest problem with /custom playbooks is you can only save so many files on madden. I think it’s 50 files, not sure on that. Doesn’t matter if it’s roster, playbooks, draft classes or franchises. If you save too many files, you’ll get an unescapable ‘too many saved files’ error when you play/watch a game. With the unreliability of ea share, i don’t feel safe deleting all 32 custom playbooks I created for the 1995 roster. That’s the only reason I didn’t do the 1966 file the past two years. It only lets you save so many files. Which is crazy because my ps4 has all kinds of hard drive space. I know jack about programming. Don’t know if this is fixable. I think they do it on purpose so you can’t have too many files and you’ll have to buy next year. Not sure why there’s a limit to saved files.

Also wish i could play with playmakers best of the 1990s set but it’s on xbox. I bought PS4 this year.

Good hearing from you don and capa. Been a while since I heard from you guys. Hope all is well.
You created 32 different playbooks for the 1995 roster?! Is there any way you can share those?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 07-04-2020, 09:40 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture Rot
You created 32 different playbooks for the 1995 roster?! Is there any way you can share those?
They’re up on eashare. Tommycoa9380 is the gamer tag. Also got an edited 1995 roster form soundwave’s file on there as well. It’s good too

I use generic run and shoot for the falcons and lions. Works like a charm. I set their depth chart right so tight ends are almost non existent.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2020, 08:58 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
They’re up on eashare. Tommycoa9380 is the gamer tag. Also got an edited 1995 roster form soundwave’s file on there as well. It’s good too

I use generic run and shoot for the falcons and lions. Works like a charm. I set their depth chart right so tight ends are almost non existent.
Could you let us know what you edited from his roster so we could know if its worth replacing? Thanks so much for the playbooks. Thats one earea where im clueless so i like to just plug them in and play the way they really played back in the day
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 07-06-2020, 12:00 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture Rot
Could you let us know what you edited from his roster so we could know if its worth replacing? Thanks so much for the playbooks. Thats one earea where im clueless so i like to just plug them in and play the way they really played back in the day
I changed just about everything. Added tons of new players as well. It’s a completely different file. I think there’s only 226 players i didn’t edit into all time guys. Lots of guys in free agency too. 3 dudes bought an xbox just for this roster. I just didnt advertise it much because i changed so much from assante’s file. Didn’t want to make anyone mad. This is about the deepest I’ve seen an all time roster. Have yet to have anyone say, “You missed a guy.” Or “This guy is over/under rated.

Also did the same thing with soundwave’s 1995 for ps4. Made playbooks for every team except the falcons and the lions, i use generic run and shoot for them and it works like a charm.

Here’s some emails where I talk about ratings and whatnot:

don’t really pay much mind to overall. I do try to rank the top guys in a certain way, but after the all timers, i just make them how they were.

Awareness is the base for all of this. This is how i figure it out. I try to match or get their overall close to their awareness.

80=long time starter but never made pro bowl

81=1 pro bowl
82=2 pro bowl

If they were all pro, i give 2 points for making all pro.

Joe blow made 5 pro bowls and 3 all pros. 5+3 times 2=11. So he has 91 awareness. I try to get the overall near the awareness. Most times it’s legit and they deserve the high rating.

Hall of fame guys get 95-99 awareness. There’s some hall of fame dudes that’s production isnt the same as other guys. Dudes like lyn swan and john stallworth. They didnt have that many 1000 yard seasons. So i try to make them low 90s overall. All hall of famers are 90-99 overall. But there are a handful of borderline/future HOFers that are in the low 90 range. Or like tom Brady, the high 90s overall range.

I do the same thing with Yards per carry with BCV and punting strength with punting average.

I need to document how i do these ratings for the Original Post when i release them. Would be best to break it up, i may send you a how to rate a position a day, so ill have it to post with the OP and you’ll have it so you can rate the 60s/70s project.

I wouldn’t worry with the 90s rosters. Playmakers roster covers that decade. His should be done soon. I see him on xbox all the time on madden. I guarantee he’s doing that 90s set. He had to start from scratch and he’s doing free agents.
__________________________________________________ ____________
Thought i wrote up more stuff about this file, but I can’t find it right now. I’ll keep looking.

Teams finished:
Old 07-06-2020, 01:21 PM   #8
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I changed just about everything. Added tons of new players as well. It’s a completely different file. I think there’s only 226 players i didn’t edit into all time guys. Lots of guys in free agency too. 3 dudes bought an xbox just for this roster. I just didnt advertise it much because i changed so much from assante’s file. Didn’t want to make anyone mad. This is about the deepest I’ve seen an all time roster. Have yet to have anyone say, “You missed a guy.” Or “This guy is over/under rated.

Also did the same thing with soundwave’s 1995 for ps4. Made playbooks for every team except the falcons and the lions, i use generic run and shoot for them and it works like a charm.

Here’s some emails where I talk about ratings and whatnot:

don’t really pay much mind to overall. I do try to rank the top guys in a certain way, but after the all timers, i just make them how they were.

Awareness is the base for all of this. This is how i figure it out. I try to match or get their overall close to their awareness.

80=long time starter but never made pro bowl

81=1 pro bowl
82=2 pro bowl

If they were all pro, i give 2 points for making all pro.

Joe blow made 5 pro bowls and 3 all pros. 5+3 times 2=11. So he has 91 awareness. I try to get the overall near the awareness. Most times it’s legit and they deserve the high rating.

Hall of fame guys get 95-99 awareness. There’s some hall of fame dudes that’s production isnt the same as other guys. Dudes like lyn swan and john stallworth. They didnt have that many 1000 yard seasons. So i try to make them low 90s overall. All hall of famers are 90-99 overall. But there are a handful of borderline/future HOFers that are in the low 90 range. Or like tom Brady, the high 90s overall range.

I do the same thing with Yards per carry with BCV and punting strength with punting average.

I need to document how i do these ratings for the Original Post when i release them. Would be best to break it up, i may send you a how to rate a position a day, so ill have it to post with the OP and you’ll have it so you can rate the 60s/70s project.

I wouldn’t worry with the 90s rosters. Playmakers roster covers that decade. His should be done soon. I see him on xbox all the time on madden. I guarantee he’s doing that 90s set. He had to start from scratch and he’s doing free agents.
__________________________________________________ ____________
Thought i wrote up more stuff about this file, but I can’t find it right now. I’ll keep looking.
Very nice breakdown, what are you doing for defense playbooks?

Edit

These Offense books are not able to download

Minnesota, Carolina, Jets, Philly, Chicago

Are not able to download

Base 95 offense would seem nice to have, is that for all teams?

Base defense book Unavailable ?

Last edited by StormsWarning; 07-06-2020 at 01:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »