Home

M20 1983 Roster PS4

This is a discussion on M20 1983 Roster PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2021, 03:18 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: M20 1983 Roster PS4

I’ve got the Chiefs at the Oilers going. 2 of the lesser teams. I gave KC the Pass Balanced book you made and the Oilers the balanced book you made. Using your 3-4 playbook for both teams as well. Both teams are struggling on offense early. Which is good because they weren’t very good teams. Bill Kenney is throwing some erratic passes. Looks good.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 02-14-2021, 04:21 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I’ve got the Chiefs at the Oilers going. 2 of the lesser teams. I gave KC the Pass Balanced book you made and the Oilers the balanced book you made. Using your 3-4 playbook for both teams as well. Both teams are struggling on offense early. Which is good because they weren’t very good teams. Bill Kenney is throwing some erratic passes. Looks good.
I have done most of my testing with my run heavy, single back, and balanced books. They have all gone pretty well.

I plan on making some adjustments to the single back playbook and removing the shotgun plays. I also might make an extra for the Falcons because they generally used a WR as the HB instead of a TE. So they were often in a 3 WR set. None of that will happen right away, but it is on my agenda.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:27 PM   #19
MVP

Really liking these. I watched KC whip the Oilers 30-6. RB Billy Jackson had over a hundred yards and 2 tds. Bill Kenney had some nice passing yards as well. He spread the ball out real nice, but stil at time he was erratic. Which was great to see.

The second game I watched The Bears and Steelers in a grind fest. Looked like 1983 out there. Every yard was earned. Was real old school. Excellent game. I ran the run heavy custom for the bears and the balanced custom book for the Pitt. Franco had 32runs for 95 yards.

Now, I’m watching the Rams as they trail the Skins 17-10. Skins are using single back book and running tons of toss sweeps with Riggins. He’s already got a hundred yards before halftime. Theisman is playing well too. Has 150 yards passing. Rams are somehow staying in the game. But they aren’t running rookie sensation Eric Dickerson much. Using single back book for Skins and balanced for Rams. Skins trying to put another score on the board before the half.

Seeing some great 80s action. Love the run heavy book. Almost tempted to give it to all the teams. Love the playcalls and style of play that book producers. Other books are good too. Just love the fullback seeing carries in the run heavy.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 02-15-2021, 12:25 PM   #20
MVP

First, I uploaded a new playbook: 83SNGBK PSN: Browns01fan78
This removes Shotgun formations from being called and adds some new single back formations.

I decided to run a test game with two teams using that playbook. So, I went Browns vs Chargers. I controlled the Browns. The game was great with lots of momentum shifts and big plays.

Final Score: Browns 42 Chargers 36 in overtime
The real game in 1983 was: Browns 30 Chargers 24 in overtime!

My game stats:
Browns/ Chargers
Total OFF: 516/435
Rushing: 176/41
Passing: 340/394
FD: 18/19
TO: 3/1
Pen: 3/5
TOP: 29:51/30:23

Passing:
Sipe: 19-30-63%-396-4-2
Fouts: 30-43-69%-403-2-1

Rushing:
Pruitt: 24-170-7.0-1TD
Muncie: 22-44-2.0-1TD

Receiving:
Browns:
Newsome: 6-129-1TD
Logan: 5-96-1TD
Adams: 3-106
Jones: 2-29-1TD
Feacher: 1-13
Holt: 1-5
Pruitt: 1-18
Chargers:
Winslow: 10-123-2TD
Joiner: 8-147
Muncie: 5-40
Chandler: 4-54
Duckworth: 2-26
Sievers: 1-13

Now, here are the stats for the REAL 1983 game:
Browns/ Chargers
Total OFF: 410/421
Rushing: 103/70
Passing: 327-351
FD: 29/23
TO: 1/0
Pen: 10/9
TOP: 35:37/26:16

Passing:
Sipe: 27-44-61%-327-3-0
Fouts: 24-38-63%-351-3-0

Rushing:
Pruitt: 24-63-1TD
Muncie: 18-60
Brooks: 7-12

Recieving:
Browns:
Logan: 8-121
Newsome: 7-65
Pruitt: 5-21
Walker: 2-11
Jones: 2-39
Holt: 2-53
Adams: 1-17
Chargers:
Winslow: 8-108
Chandler: 6-134
Muncie: 5-42
Joiner: 3-45
Brooker: 1-7
Sievers: 1-15

So compare those numbers and the overall result of the game. I don't think it could have gone much better. I also recently watched the real game from 1983. Overall, the style looked pretty good in the Madden version.
Yes, QB percentages were a little high, but not outside of possibility of those 2 QBs. The only thing that was a little of out whack was that I took 9 sacks! However, those were mostly my fault, waiting too long in the pocket. All things considered, I am really happy with how the roster played and how the new playbook played.
Old 02-15-2021, 11:15 PM   #21
MVP

I have the 4 expansion team players renamed. Tomorrow I will start equipment and ratings. I am hoping to finish the roster up by the end of the week or next weekend. That will include lowering free agents and adding some free agents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2021, 12:11 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I have the 4 expansion team players renamed. Tomorrow I will start equipment and ratings. I am hoping to finish the roster up by the end of the week or next weekend. That will include lowering free agents and adding some free agents.
Are you using USFL teams to fill up the expansion teams?

I’ve been really enjoying these. Just about watched all the teams. I’ve been using your run heavy custom book for most of the teams. Some teams pass out of it more. Which I like. The run heavy gets the fullback more carries as well. There’s a small handful of teams i use west coach, balanced, single back,and pass balanced for. Washington and chargers I use single back. 49ers i use west coast. Coupla teams I used balanced. Can’t remember who. Watched tons of games. Excellent work.

Teams finished:

Last edited by tommycoa; 02-16-2021 at 12:15 AM.
Old 02-16-2021, 08:12 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Are you using USFL teams to fill up the expansion teams?

I’ve been really enjoying these. Just about watched all the teams. I’ve been using your run heavy custom book for most of the teams. Some teams pass out of it more. Which I like. The run heavy gets the fullback more carries as well. There’s a small handful of teams i use west coach, balanced, single back,and pass balanced for. Washington and chargers I use single back. 49ers i use west coast. Coupla teams I used balanced. Can’t remember who. Watched tons of games. Excellent work.
Glad they are playing well for you. I am using the same playbooks as well. Once I finalize some things I will post my suggested custom playbooks for each team.
If you have not yet, I suggest downloading my new single back playbook. It removes the shotgun formation and adds a couple of single back formations. It seems to work quite well.

Yes, I am using USFL teams for the expansion teams.
Carolina Panthers: Michigan Panthers
Jacksonville Jaguars: Tampa Bay Bandits
Baltimore Ravens: New Jersey Generals (yes I could have used the Stars, but I wanted to have the Generals and Herschel Walker in the game)
Houston Texans: Arizona Wranglers

I am planning on using some other USFL players as free agents as well.
Old 02-16-2021, 12:53 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Glad they are playing well for you. I am using the same playbooks as well. Once I finalize some things I will post my suggested custom playbooks for each team.
If you have not yet, I suggest downloading my new single back playbook. It removes the shotgun formation and adds a couple of single back formations. It seems to work quite well.

Yes, I am using USFL teams for the expansion teams.
Carolina Panthers: Michigan Panthers
Jacksonville Jaguars: Tampa Bay Bandits
Baltimore Ravens: New Jersey Generals (yes I could have used the Stars, but I wanted to have the Generals and Herschel Walker in the game)
Houston Texans: Arizona Wranglers

I am planning on using some other USFL players as free agents as well.
About to grab that new single back book and the one for the 60s/70s. Gonna grab that 72 file as well.

Teams finished:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »