Home

Playmakers Madden 23 All-Madden Sliders built around Pro Level gameplay

This is a discussion on Playmakers Madden 23 All-Madden Sliders built around Pro Level gameplay within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2022, 12:58 AM   #201
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Playmakers Madden 23 All-Madden Sliders built around Pro Level gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13thwonder
I’ve revisited this set, post-patch (interception slider fix) and these are playing AMAZINGLY. I’m getting the best games that I’ve gotten on Madden in years.
If you guys see any glaring issues don't hesitate to post it.

I don't know what happened, but I just haven't been in the mood to play in a while.

I think I got burnt out from the slider testing and hopefully this week I can get back into it.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2022, 01:57 AM   #202
Rookie

OVR: 0

No worries, it's been an awesome set, it's been a great experience.

I think I just had one bad game because now it seems balanced over more games, I don't get many "Illegal Block in the Back" calls, I guess for whatever reason, that one game had a ton for some reason.
Old 11-14-2022, 06:54 PM   #203
Rookie

Oh man, LMAO

Was there some sort of update with how kicking is balanced? Because I just had my kicker shank two kicks even though I didn't miss my mark egregiously.

IIRC you have kicking accuracy nerfed so I wonder if now it's an overcorrection if they've changed anything about kickers.

It's been a week or two since I've played and while it feels largely the same, for some reason in this game I had two bad shanks lolol
Old 11-15-2022, 10:41 PM   #204
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkXPoke
Oh man, LMAO

Was there some sort of update with how kicking is balanced? Because I just had my kicker shank two kicks even though I didn't miss my mark egregiously.

IIRC you have kicking accuracy nerfed so I wonder if now it's an overcorrection if they've changed anything about kickers.

It's been a week or two since I've played and while it feels largely the same, for some reason in this game I had two bad shanks lolol
What up Blink

I took a much-needed break from Madden and sliders. Got to spend more quality time with my boys who were involved in football with their school.

I'll try to get started on this again next week over the holiday.

Peace

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 11-16-2022, 12:05 AM   #205
Rookie

These sliders have been my favorite this year for sure. I love how you can force the cpu QBs into making off target throws with a well timed blitz. The CPU passing feels more realistic with this set.

I look forward to any updates!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2022, 04:03 PM   #206
Rookie

I know it's been a long time since you've tinkered with these sliders and TBH I'm still mostly satisfied with them, though I think having started to get back into Madden again the past few weeks, I have two major issues:

1) I'd think I'd want to move the Interceptions slider back up, but I know that can be dicey given how broken it was to start. Feels bizarre to almost never see many picks in either direction. While I agree it was too punishing baseline, it does feel like I'm never punished for a bad throw or that the CPU gets too many breaks making bad decisions. Even having shaky accuracy user-ing Malik Willis, I threw like 3 total picks all season, even though I probably deserved at least 10 (especially when he misses passes out of my control due to his initial poor accuracy while developing). And my own secondary almost never catches a ball thrown directly too them other than Byard who has the Pick Artist ability that makes him much better at securing picks.

2) I think there's too many Illegal Block in the Back calls after all. It really is to the point that it's predictable, and it starts to show itself with RPOs where the receiver on the other side of the play gets called even if he had absolutely no effect on the play. Especially with the Run Blocking slider at 0 (which I love), it feels like these get called like 10 times a game because the CPU is so erratic and causes this penalty to occur much more often than it realistically should. It's particularly frustrating when you cut into open space and get a long run only to, in the middle of it, suddenly get hit with a flag because a teammate behind you pointlessly ran into a CPU player and caused the flag when that wouldn't happen. The only thing holding me back from really dragging that slider down is the idea of potentially making the game a bit too easy, but I'd prefer if the difficulty wasn't so artificial due to being flagged for something stupid and out of my control. I can understand when random Holding penalties happen and can live with that, I've been getting annoyed with just how often the Illegal Block in the Back penalty keeps coming up.

I'd adjust them myself, but I wanted to have a better understanding of your philosphy with these sliders so I don't overcorrect or undercorrect to my liking. Wanted to make sure it's still in the spirit of what you were trying to go for.

EDIT: For now, I've moved the "Block in the Back" slider back to 50. I haven't seen the penalty called at all anymore so maybe it was an overcorrection so I'll continue tinkering with that. Also, I'm thinking about moving the INT sliders to 5 and see if that allows both QBs to be punished without being overly punishing.

I also found a new, weirdly specific issue. In the "Deebo Package", it seems like the WR handoffs are EXTREMELY LIKELY to result in fumbles. It happened six plays in a row, and while I used to enjoy mixing in those Deebo plays (especially cus I was able to sign the actual Deebo Samuel in my playthrough), it's become frustrating that these plays result in nearly guaranteed fumbles somehow.

The weird part is that WRs don't fumble too much with this current set in normal plays, even Jet Sweeps. Even if they have low Carrying, it's not a consistent issue, and if it does happen, while unfortunate, it's expected that certain players fumble more often than not (especially with the different "Braces for [type of hit]" traits), so it feels realistic enough. It's only during the Deebo plays that they behave oddly, instantly fumbling the second they get touched.

Last edited by BlinkXPoke; 01-01-2023 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Expanding on my observations
Old 01-10-2023, 09:02 AM   #207
Rookie

Any update on these?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »