Home

ML's Madden 24 All-Pro Sliders

This is a discussion on ML's Madden 24 All-Pro Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2023, 06:15 PM   #129
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ML's Madden 24 All-Pro Sliders

A lot of sacks are coming in third and long because the cpu only runs vertical routes. I can’t believe this is still a problem after all these years. Wish there was way to get rid of those plays completely
Old 09-03-2023, 12:50 AM   #130
Rookie

BarfytheOwl's Arena

I'm running a game with the Bills and Chiefs using the 38/48 PBLK settings, and I've noticed that the pass rush feels much more dangerous, not overly so.

I haven't sacked Mahomes at all, but I have hurried him, although he's still 12/12. I'm not sure if it's because of PBLK being lower or because Mahomes is just a football God, but he was getting the ball out *very* quick, almost felt like he was throwing before finishing his dropback but I checked the replays when it felt that way and it wasn't anything like that. He got hurt so I won't see him again until the 3rd quarter to keep watching that. Gabbert hasn't thrown that quickly so I'm leaning towards it just being a quirk of Mahomes when controlled by the AI.

One thing I am noticing more and more is poor angles by AI defenders, both for the user and CPU. I don't think that's a slider issue, I think that's just a Madden issue, but I wanted to put it out there just in case.

Buffalo Bills, Toronto Blue Jays, Ottawa Senators, Milwaukee Bucks

Currently listening to: Veil of Maya

Currently listening to: Ice Nine Kills

PSN: Sentient_Ooze
Old 09-03-2023, 01:29 AM   #131
Rookie

BarfytheOwl's Arena

Alright so, Gabbert took 3 sacks, the AI seemed pretty brainded. Then in the 3rd Mahomes came back and went perfect the rest of the game, finished 32/32. I am very good at mixing my coverages, disguising, mixing in blitzes, so I wasn't just not adjusting. Again, not sure if that's because I just played against Mahomes or because of slider changes.

If you start to see questionable QB AI, scratch the blocking changes, it's not worth it.

Currently listening to: Ice Nine Kills

PSN: Sentient_Ooze
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2023, 08:53 AM   #132
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Sorry for delay guys, and thank you for the feedback. Trying to find a balance between pressuring the qb and your ends turning into LT.

Today testing reduced coverage sliders - we wont have to worry about the pass block if there’s less coverage sacks. Also trying to increase cpu run block to prevent as many 3rd and long CPU verts situations.

Had a mixed bag of results yesterday so still clamoring away with games to try and get some final numbers going. The sliders seem more sensitive this year than ever imo which is a good thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-03-2023, 10:26 AM   #133
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarfytheOwl
Alright so, Gabbert took 3 sacks, the AI seemed pretty brainded. Then in the 3rd Mahomes came back and went perfect the rest of the game, finished 32/32. I am very good at mixing my coverages, disguising, mixing in blitzes, so I wasn't just not adjusting. Again, not sure if that's because I just played against Mahomes or because of slider changes.

If you start to see questionable QB AI, scratch the blocking changes, it's not worth it.

I’m wondering people’s thoughts on Superstar abilities turned off; I think this will help balance but on the other hand it is fun when the best of the best players really stand out. I will look into this more today

Old 09-03-2023, 12:30 PM   #134
Pro

markprior22's Arena

OVR: 7

I personally don't like/see the reason for these "abilities." Seems like there are enough player rating categories to separate the best of the best by ratings alone. So much of this arcade stuff has been added over the years that it seems to bloat the game and cause confusion amongst those trying to play. This isn't just Madden...pretty much all sports games that hard core sim guys like to play. I am 60 years old (yeah, so get off my lawn!) and losing touch with younger gamers but just my .02

Edit-ML, I use your sliders. This was just a general comment and was not being critical of your sliders at all. Appreciate the work/testing.

Last edited by markprior22; 09-03-2023 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-03-2023, 06:37 PM   #135
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML
I’m wondering people’s thoughts on Superstar abilities turned off; I think this will help balance but on the other hand it is fun when the best of the best players really stand out. I will look into this more today

I always turn them off. The ratings are enough to stand out for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2023, 06:51 PM   #136
Rookie

Linebacker57's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML
Please feel free to give feedback good or bad! I just played week 1 Cowboys vs Giants last night and won 26-21 - both QBs had completion % in the 60s and Barkley started the night 10 carries for 22 yards - I believe he ended up in the 80s for the entire game.

Micah Parsons was a beast and RT Evan Neal didnt stand a chance on 3rd and long - Parsons accounted for 2.5 sacks. It made the game very challenging as I had to keep a back or tight end in to help the Oline on almost every passing play.

I really am hoping they fix the momentum meter ASAP but imo these sliders are playing well right now. Keep the feedback and discussion coming!
Games I've had have been really good. Both with last version's sliders and the new ones. I need to play more games to sus them out a bit but so far i'm happy with them. Not getting excessive sacks like I was in my first games of 24 and nothing feels cheesy yet. Had some down to the wire games with BAL and CLE that were fun.

I don't know what it is but since the most recent update, the speed of the players seems nicely tuned and more accurate to life. Before the update I felt like i needed to lower the speed threshold from 75 but post update it plays good for me. momentum of the players feels a bit better now too.

Keep up the good work man.

Edit: reading people's recent comments I can relate to the low sack totals. My created MLB has gotten two in my last two games each because I blitzed play action plays perfectly, outside of that not getting much pressure but i'd rather get minimal pressure than too much like before. Watson also only scrambled once on me however so I might need to tweak something to increase that.

Last edited by Linebacker57; 09-03-2023 at 07:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »