Home

Difficulty level should be tied to sliders

This is a discussion on Difficulty level should be tied to sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Difficulty level should be tied to sliders

That's why this game is broken. If difficulty level was tied to sliders, I think it may make more sense. The way it is now, there are phantom behind-the-scenes factors in the difficulty levels that have nothing to do with the sliders. Why not completely revamp this and start from scratch using the current All Pro difficulty level as a baseline? Then, when you switch to other difficulties, it is an adjustment to the sliders and nothing more. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #2
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Difficulty level should be tied to sliders

I remember previous versions did just that. Last year or year before cant remember on all pro everthing was 50 on sliders and when you went to all madden a few sliders dropped to 25. It has been so hard this year fixing the sliders. Way to easy on all pro and way to frustrating on all madden. I finally have a set I us on all madden but took me this long to see if they work right but im happy with them but what a pain.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:54 PM   #3
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

In my opinion, getting these sliders to play right were FAR easier than M25's sliders. The best slider gurus didn't even have a "final" set or continued to work on M25 gameplay and penalty sliders due to them being reversed and mixed up, penalty sliders that definitely affected gameplay, ect. The slider gurus never did actually have a completely finished set before M15 released.

Whereas this year, the sliders actually worked unlike last year's sliders. So much easier to work with. I've done extensive testing with the penalty sliders, and while some penalties may not be called enough (last year the "primary" ones actually were called), penalty sliders do not have an affect on gameplay like they supposedly did last year. Also, the penalty sliders also still work this year if you want some penalties called (holding and clipping is pretty much random), you just have to adjust them high enough to get them called. I adjusted them in increments of 5 from default, until I started seeing defensive encroachment, offside by getting the defender to jump when the QB fake-hikes the ball, then quickly hikes the ball to catch him offside (beautiful to see), false starts, facemasks, holding. The rarest one is a clipping call, by far.

Overall, these sliders were easy to work with since they did what they were supposed to do this year. The penalty sliders could be fixed though to be more sensitive to getting calls for specific penalties. The other penalties never were or will be called probably.

So, no "slideritis" for me this year. Hell, a ton of people are using Armor's sliders and he doesn't have slideritis this year either. Charter either. Why? Probably because the sliders actually work this year unlike the mess that was M25, which was merely a last gen port. So, I disagree with the previous poster. That's just my opinion on the matter.

EDIT: Oh, and auto-subs actually work (finally) this year to go along with the working gameplay sliders, so that's a plus to add to this year's version.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-26-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #4
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

De-linking the sliders from difficulty level actually standardizes Madden with many (most?) other sports games. It also give the player more options slider/difficulty level combinations, so he can fine tune game difficulty to his skill level.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:49 PM   #5
MVP

tyler28's Arena

It was def. Easier than mad 25. With that said it still took me some time to find what I like to use. I was destroting teams on all pro and losing and throwing toomany picks and other things on all madden. Too big of a gap from all pro to madden. It would be easier if the difficulty was changed for us via sliders in the game like previous versions.

I did find that if you turn dpi and opi down instead of 99 the recievers will play the side lines better and dbs will play like real dbs. I have yet to see a interference called even on100. I keep mine at 20. I also turn reaction time down to 5 and coverage up to 85 or so. Much better secondary play for both sides. You should try that and see if you like it. Madden has def. Made improvents this year, I think I like madden with out sliders. Im a little over compulsive about them lol. Thats probably why it took me so long. I just didnt like all madden till now. Ive always played on it this year the secondary was too crazy so I had to figure out what was wron. Untill I came across someone s thread about dpi and opi and reaction dropping I didnt like what I was seeing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 06:10 PM   #6
MVP

forme95's Arena

Penalty sliders very much still effect game play. I set my sliders up off default penalties. If I input any ones pen sliders, i have a totally different game. If I put Holding, FS, and Offsides up to the 90's, my rushing averages go from 4 -5 ypc up to as high as 8 - 9. I lowered OPI/DPI to 21 and I notice a difference in the routes receivers run. They are more aware of the sidelines. IG at 5 - 8, I can see the qb holds the ball for a sec or two longer. Just what I have observed.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 10-02-2014, 10:47 PM   #7
Rookie

B-Lo-Z-Ro's Arena

OVR: 1

ok? when did they decide to do this? Separate the 2 I mean? I made another post asking why in CFM I was changing from pro to all-madden & the sliders all stayed at 50? I must have missed the memo about this happening... Is Pro the default setting now like it was 3 or 4 games back? I remember them saying 3 or 4 Maddens ago that Pro was the default because the players played like they were suppose too & by playing All-pro or madden the computer did what it wanted no matter the player ratings just to make it more difficult. Basically is there really a way to play the computer with their players playing at their true ratings? or is that asking too much?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »