Home

Level discussion

This is a discussion on Level discussion within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2015, 01:30 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
Level discussion

Here is how I understand it.

Pro - balanced playing field. Players play more to their ratings. No artificial boosts or downgrades to performance to human or cpu team.

AllPro - slight increase in performance and logic to cpu team. CPU plays a tougher game against you. Play calling logic is a bit smarter and player performance is a bit "higher" for both sides. Human controlled team has a slight handicap.

All Madden - big increase in performance and logic. CPU team plays the smartest and toughest on this level. Human controlled team has a large handicap.

If that is correct, is Pro level not used as often because the play calling logic is not so great by CPU? Wouldn't Pro be the obvious choice to use if you want the players to play as realistically as possible since there are no boosts or downgrades being employed (assuming default sliders)?

I am asking not to start anything but because I have always been confused as to why some folks swear by Pro while other swear by the other 2 levels.

Thanks for any feedback...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2015, 02:16 PM   #2
Rookie

airraid73's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Level discussion

I'm using schnaidt1 pro slider set and in having a blast with them . his set is kinda a tweeter bt pro and all pro but I guess it up to the individual what they are looking for.

Sent from my LGUK410 using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2015, 03:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

There are a couple of other issues I have with All-Madden, most importantly being that it seems like it's programmed to not allow user AI teammates to shed blocks. The patch really improved the CPU defense because of the improved defensive line play and they can actually stop my running game now. Unfortunately they haven't addressed this for user AI.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:07 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa

All Madden - big increase in performance and logic. CPU team plays the smartest and toughest on this level. Human controlled team has a large handicap.
I may be wrong here but I did not notice better logic or intelligence on all-madden, just crazy tough play. Over inflated cpu ratings.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:09 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking12344
I may be wrong here but I did not notice better logic or intelligence on all-madden, just crazy tough play. Over inflated cpu ratings.
It's been that way for years IMO....

I don't think EA works on the AI from one level to another as some people might think....

I believe they simply provide hidden ratings boost to try and get the CPU to win at all cost...

I've experienced this type of logic not just in Madden but also in NBA Live and NCAA Football on higher levels

I'm a huge fan of Pro Level and I've got some good results in my Franchise leaving most of the CPU sliders all at default settings while tweaking the Human sliders to adjust the gameplay.

I also worked on AM Level sliders but I try to keep all sliders EQUAL on that level reducing some sliders down to try and combat hidden ratings boost.

The games are fun but I still see some tendencies that allow the CPU to do some crazy stuff on the field.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 11-20-2015 at 01:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2015, 04:23 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 19

Game Play Difficulty set "predefined" levels established for Hum/CPU (i.e. All-Madden = Hum-25, CPU-75) that have a two-fold impact:

Player Ratings
- simply sets the min rating threshold a player must possess to determine the animation/outcome during gameplay.

(Ex: All-Madden = 25 for all Hum Sliders)
(Simply subtract the slider setting from the player ratings it affects to get the min threshold)
i.e. Hum Tackle Slider is preset to 25, which means that 75 is the min Tackle Rating a player must have when matched against the CPU's min Break Tackle ratings (truck, elusiveness, jukes etc...) set at 25 because All-Madden sets the CPU sliders at 75.
***since no player has no Break Tackle ratings below 25, every CPU ball carrier will break tackles like AP giving the allusion their player is better than yours. (This is reversed as you move towards Rookie level)
- keep in mind that there are several Hum/CPU sliders in your profile save we don't have access to (i.e. Juke, Spin, Agility, RB AWR etc...) but are still affected in the same manner.

Coach Ratings(hidden to gamers)
- changes their Playcall Aggressiveness for Off/Def
- changes their Def AWR (ever wonder why they seem to know your plays on AM?)
- other coach settings as well

The source of the Coach Ratings comes from using the Generic Editor with all Maddens up to M15 (Xbox360 versions).

The Min Player Threshold is my own personal concept I've developed from tinkering....

Hope this helps!
Old 11-20-2015, 04:34 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

This is somewhat related...

Several years ago I worked through how the Coach Stick works, and it led to one undeniable fact - the CPU gets a ratings advantage on All-Madden, at least for the WR/CB positions.

The post where I laid all that out is here (after figuring it out for NCAA before that, and the bit about All-Madden is at the end)

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...a-14-info.html

But it's not hard to make the logical leap that other positions get the same bonus as well. That is the assumption that I live by as it relates to difficulty levels, and it's the primary reason why I tweak sliders from default All-Pro in order to find my ideal settings - it's much more balanced. You can still check this today in the current game with the coach stick - it's still the same.

Last edited by bcruise; 11-20-2015 at 04:38 AM.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:37 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I appreciate it.

So, wouldn't Pro level be where we want to play? If other levels favor the cpu and penalize the human player, is the reason for playing on those levels basically so those folks with good stick skills and knowledge can get competitive games?

Pro level would where you want to be in Coach only mode at a minimum, right?

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »