Home

All-Madden, adjusted penalties

This is a discussion on All-Madden, adjusted penalties within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 07:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
All-Madden, adjusted penalties

After tirelessly trying any slider set imaginable i figured **** it, I'm just going to play All-Madden regularly and just set each penalty to 55 to try and get a few more. I saw one post today that mentioned turning off intentional grounding and offensive pass interference, which I did that and the game is playing really well. I also started calling my own plays instead of just using the three suggested. Started using the whole play book. I think the AI catches on to what plays you run when using just the three selected since it basically recycles the same stuff over and over. That's what leads to the running backs getting 10 carries for 160 yards and QB's throwing ridiculous bombs on you. Felt my defense was playing really well switching up the plays using the whole play book. Offensively I still don't have a hang on running the ball, which I've always struggled with in past Madden's, but throwing the ball at the right time in the route and not making the usual dumb mistakes (and just falling when i know i'm going to be sacked so I don't QB fumble) makes this game much more enjoyable. I hope what I'm seeing so far keeps happening.

Recap:
All-Madden
15 min quarters, 20 second acc. clock
All sliders set to 50
All penalties at 55
Intention grounding off
Offensive pass interference off
**** the Steelers. #Kneegate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 05:44 AM   #2
Banned

Re: All-Madden, adjusted penalties

I play default all madden, no slider adjustments. I do have speed threshold at 48 because I like how it feels. Theres no real reason, I would consider changing that around. I would highly suggest not raising all penalties to 55 as they affect gameplay significantly, especially holding. I play with only face mask and false start at 55, and block in the back at 54. I still get a good amount of penalties overall.

I get really good stats, gameplay, and a pretty competetive cpu. I dont feel any sliders can offer me all three of those critical areas.

Last edited by wellred; 09-20-2016 at 05:47 AM.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:05 AM   #3
Only 7 Patients Lost

Doctor_Doom's Arena

Do make any changes to the Main Menu, or only in CFM?
Old 09-20-2016, 11:06 AM   #4
Rookie

What are you seeing in terms of CPU RB? I've noticed that they run the ball a lot early on in the game. Starting RB is getting into 20+ carry territory in the first half. That could be because of what you said, me adjusting all penalties to 55. Going to give your setup a shot. Default All-Madden though is the best the game has felt as long as you switch up the playbook and keep the CPU guessing.

Another thing I started doing is after I throw the ball, not controlling the receiver until after the catch. I let the ratings control that part. Plus it leads to excitement watching the play unfold. Saw some really cool animations fighting for the ball in the air with the defender coming down with it in some cases.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:10 AM   #5
Rookie

Doctor Doom, I had these settings set normally in main menu as I was testing it out in Play Now. When I went into CFM, I adjusted the quarter length and such at the screen when you choose to be coach (or owner if you like) under league settings. Then when it's at the main franchise screen the only thing I tinkered with was the penalties.

Another thing I like to do is switch your WR1 and WR2, that will line your 1 up on the right side to matchup with the CPU CB1, and then switch your CB1 and CB2, which will line your CB1 up with their WR1. I don't know why Madden is weird and doesn't have this patched up as they should already be lined up, but they aren't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 11:54 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhisperingCrab
What are you seeing in terms of CPU RB? I've noticed that they run the ball a lot early on in the game. Starting RB is getting into 20+ carry territory in the first half. That could be because of what you said, me adjusting all penalties to 55. Going to give your setup a shot. Default All-Madden though is the best the game has felt as long as you switch up the playbook and keep the CPU guessing.

Another thing I started doing is after I throw the ball, not controlling the receiver until after the catch. I let the ratings control that part. Plus it leads to excitement watching the play unfold. Saw some really cool animations fighting for the ball in the air with the defender coming down with it in some cases.
Yeah I see the same thing with the CPU RB, unfortunately I dont think penalties would affect that much. Im sure there are ways around it but I havent looked into it really.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:50 PM   #7
Rookie

I'm wondering if quarter length will effect CPU play calling. Maybe lowering that down to 12 will balance it a little more. I've seen the CPU pass a lot using sliders with a 9 minute quarter length.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:11 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellred
Yeah I see the same thing with the CPU RB, unfortunately I dont think penalties would affect that much. Im sure there are ways around it but I havent looked into it really.

I have a post with similar penalty settings on AP. My suggestion would be to not have Block in the Back at 55. For whatever reason this seems to impact playcalling and line play. When it's at 55 my d-line is in the backfield all day stuffing the run and the CPU seems to run it on 1st and 2nd down. I have 21 CFM games with all penalties at 55 EXCEPT block in the back and the CPU run/pass ratio is 37.6% run and 62.4% pass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »