Home

Sliders what works

This is a discussion on Sliders what works within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2016, 05:10 PM   #1
Rookie

thegame19991999's Arena

OVR: 7
Sliders what works

I know a lot of people might say this post is crazy.but what does each sliders do.is it 0-25 rookie 75-100 all Madden
Does that really make a difference.
Or the numbers about increasing the chances.
So I don't think put it on rookie or all Madden make any changes the only think it changes is the help stuff.
So what numbers should I use what is that one magic number for human or CPU sliders not what makes the player comfortable.because if you ask any one does sliders than you will get 10 different answers.
Does strategy and confidence make any difference.
What about the roster you play with

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2016, 12:28 AM   #2
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sliders what works

I recommend checking out JoshC1977 thread because he answers a lot of what you're looking for.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:32 AM   #3
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

I have no doubt the sliders are completely useless. Unintended effects across the board
Old 11-30-2016, 04:07 PM   #4
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

I can tell you 100% sliders as a whole matter & make a big difference. The reason I know this isn't because I read something some EA dev wrote (requires belief in them) or because I trust in-game tooltips (not always wise & often vague) or because I spent a lot of time in-game getting the feel for them (so much confirmation bias, subjectivity, we are all flawed in our ability to judge things).

It's because I measure performance for all 32 human players in our league. When a particular aspect of our gameplay starts to stray from the NFL (passing, rushing, defense, etc.) a small slider tweak will result in a rise or dip in our statistics league-wide. I could, for example, make the league hoveer around 3.1 ypc or 5.1 ypc simply via shifting sliders.

Now. I'm just talking about results--sliders lead to easier or harder running/passing/coverage/whatever. Whether they accomplish this in a realistic manner or whether a particular slider impacts the game in the way you think it should--that's more subjective & you all can debate that ad nauseam. I have my own personal opinions on this, but the most correct answer to that very complex question is likely "sometimes...and somewhat."

But the question asked by the OP wasn't whether every slider works the way you think it should, or whether they all work as intended. The core question was, do sliders in general really make a difference? And the answer is yes.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

Last edited by Aestis; 11-30-2016 at 04:12 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:26 AM   #5
Rookie

thegame19991999's Arena

OVR: 7

So what numbers should I use
I was told before that the numbers increase the dice roll

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »