Home

JoshC1977's Madden 18 Sliders (for CFM only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 18 Sliders (for CFM only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2018, 09:36 PM   #1889
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 18 Sliders (for CFM only)

Quote:
I always use the team's default HC. For whatever reason, I feel that the CPU play-calling gets dumbed-down when you are using created HC. Possibly placebo, but I won't discount the possibility that this could have some impact as we know past games had coach 'sliders' (such as off/def aggression) which impacted the gameplay noticeably.
What about for the patriots? Isn't that coach basically a created one anyway?
Old 01-19-2018, 10:02 PM   #1890
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunreaper
What about for the patriots? Isn't that coach basically a created one anyway?
Not really considered, but I would say he's probably the same as any other "real" coaches....irrespective of the face/name being generic.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:53 AM   #1891
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I did a bit of an update to the OP. Added in my recommendation to set the CPU's offensive scheme to 'balanced' for all teams.

Also added a little section (more for fun) for how I go about things in franchise mode. Not "must-haves", but it might give you all some insight on how I like to play. I had been working on this for a while, but never got a chance to post it when I came-down ill earlier this week. A copy of that is in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

Starting to feel up to playing the game now. Going to see how I still feel about the OP over the weekend and then go from there.

Josh-under progression do you mean not to spend the xp points after each game?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2018, 01:11 PM   #1892
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
I did a bit of an update to the OP. Added in my recommendation to set the CPU's offensive scheme to 'balanced' for all teams.

Also added a little section (more for fun) for how I go about things in franchise mode. Not "must-haves", but it might give you all some insight on how I like to play. I had been working on this for a while, but never got a chance to post it when I came-down ill earlier this week. A copy of that is in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

Starting to feel up to playing the game now. Going to see how I still feel about the OP over the weekend and then go from there.

Josh—one more question. Are you seeing consistent production from the cpu run game? Some context: In my first 4 CFM games as the Browns, the cpu run game has been ineffective and not much of a threat. Now 3 of those 4 games were agains the Ravens, Colts (Gore was hurt), and the Bengals so the competition has been light. However, with fatigue at 48, the pursuit angles and DT block shed seem aggressive and sharp. I am using 60/80 auto subs as well and I’m not sure if that is much of a factor.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 01-20-2018, 03:17 PM   #1893
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
Josh-under progression do you mean not to spend the xp points after each game?
What I was referring to was not playing the drills.

However, I also only spend my XP the same weeks as the CPU does with 4 week progression....it's a little more gratifying to me....that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
Josh—one more question. Are you seeing consistent production from the cpu run game? Some context: In my first 4 CFM games as the Browns, the cpu run game has been ineffective and not much of a threat. Now 3 of those 4 games were agains the Ravens, Colts (Gore was hurt), and the Bengals so the competition has been light. However, with fatigue at 48, the pursuit angles and DT block shed seem aggressive and sharp. I am using 60/80 auto subs as well and I’m not sure if that is much of a factor.
With the OP (i.e. 49/50 subs), the CPU run game has been consistently good in my experiences. And frankly speaking, I don't think rotation is all that much worse at 49/50 than at 60/80.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:48 PM   #1894
Rookie

hunterdawgs10's Arena

Has anyone ever seen the cpu have an opportunity to kick a game winning fg only to purposely run out the clock and go to overtime?
Old 01-21-2018, 03:26 PM   #1895
Rookie

Quote:

Progression

Don't update player traits for your guys. The CPU doesn't seem to do it, so keep things on an even playing field. Sim your training every week. This should be a no-brainer for sim guys. XP is the easiest way to cheese the game. Don't compound it by doing drills. XP sliders...I personally use default. TDawg's are well-researched and should keep things in-line with EA's rosters and I have even seen interesting ideas like setting them all to 0. Keep an eye on year-end progression for your backup o-linemen....sometimes backups make the pro bowl and earn insane XP when they shouldn't have....if it happens, just spend the XP and the edit the players back to their original ratings.

Hi Josh,

concerning the OL issue, I'm increasing strength: it's true that str is important this year, but one point costs so much that absorbs every overprogression. Problem is: if your whole OL wins awards year after year it means that other teams in your conference never get points. Because of this every 3-4 seasons I edit 4-5 team's OL in my conference and lately if I have 3 or more good seasons I don't renew OL contracts.
Also please remember that "best LB" awards get no points nor legacy: because of this I always edit winners.

Least and last: the CPU do buy traits! It just doesn't happen frequently if you update every 4 weeks. But check out OROY/DROY and you'll see they get traits. Some defensive traits like moves are almost impossible to be found in rookies, so whenever you see someone with 2-3 of them it's always because they bought them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2018, 04:20 PM   #1896
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

I've since resigned to the extremely un-fun option of letting the cpu handle my progression. That way I'm in line with those idiots, good or bad, and don't end up with those emersion killing thoughts creeping in down the road....

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »