Home

Raider Ren's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on Raider Ren's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2018, 06:47 PM   #1185
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Raider Ren's Madden 18 Sliders and Settings

I’m game Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2018, 12:59 AM   #1186
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren
Penalty sliders:

Set these in MM and CFM.

Offside: 45

False Start: 55

Offensive Holding: 65

Defensive Holding: 65

Facemask: 53

Illegal Block In The Back: 51

Roughing The Passer: 50

Defensive Pass Interference: 65

Offensive Pass Interference: On

Kick Catch Interference: On

Intentional Grounding: On

Roughing The Kicker: On

Running Into The Kicker: On
The version I was thinking of, I believe had False Start at 45. Does that sound familiar to you at all?

Thanks for posting these by the way!

- Nick
Old 03-01-2018, 06:33 AM   #1187
Rookie

Glowing Dad's Arena

Awesome work with these sliders!

I'm having a problem though with getting the CPU playbooks to work.

So I have a CFM where I've created a user QB for Broncos.

Before the first game I create another user and take control of the Bears 4th string QB (Connor Shaw).

I set up the game and use the 2nd controller to select custom playbooks for the Bears.

I start the game and now I have to use the 2nd controller to kickoff the ball and select defensive plays as the Bears. But that user is only the 4th string QB, not the coach...?

Am I doing something wrong here?

Maybe it doesn't work if I'm a user QB, and I have to be a coach? But I'm pretty certain I managed to do this last week when I was playing around with stuff... (Then I deleted that league...)
Old 03-01-2018, 09:59 AM   #1188
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickda55
The version I was thinking of, I believe had False Start at 45. Does that sound familiar to you at all?

Thanks for posting these by the way!

- Nick
You are correct. I have those backwards, sorry. It was FS @ 45 and Offsides @ 55 in the previous set up.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Old 03-01-2018, 12:32 PM   #1189
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowing Dad
Awesome work with these sliders!

I'm having a problem though with getting the CPU playbooks to work.

So I have a CFM where I've created a user QB for Broncos.

Before the first game I create another user and take control of the Bears 4th string QB (Connor Shaw).

I set up the game and use the 2nd controller to select custom playbooks for the Bears.

I start the game and now I have to use the 2nd controller to kickoff the ball and select defensive plays as the Bears. But that user is only the 4th string QB, not the coach...?

Am I doing something wrong here?

Maybe it doesn't work if I'm a user QB, and I have to be a coach? But I'm pretty certain I managed to do this last week when I was playing around with stuff... (Then I deleted that league...)
I would speculate it is due to you using the Player character, rather than the Coach character. I haven't ever used the Player character in CFM; I only use Coach.

The other thing you might want to check at some point is taking over a 4th string QB. Typically the CPU coach of that team will cut a 4th string QB from the roster. Make sure you take control over the 3rd string QB.

Another route to go is to use generic books. The play selections by the CPU are far better with generics rather than default books. And, you'll get varying weather conditions, which you do not get with custom books.

Let me know how you make out.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
Old 03-02-2018, 03:38 PM   #1190
Rookie

Glowing Dad's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren
The other thing you might want to check at some point is taking over a 4th string QB. Typically the CPU coach of that team will cut a 4th string QB from the roster. Make sure you take control over the 3rd string QB.
This was it. Thanks!!

I really like how the sliders make the game a lot more realistic. I also like how using the 2nd user/controller gives me the full game experience even though I'm playing as a QB. Normally when you do that it just goes into sim mode whenever your player is not on the field. Now I get the player group presentations etc and get to watch the opposing drive down the field in the 4th quarter as opposed to just watching the much less exciting sim data.

Not sure if I want to go with generic playbooks or custom. No weather effects are obv less realistic. Maybe I'll go with custom for the ones that vannwolfhawk has created and generic for those that are missing, and I'll get to try out both plus get at least some weather effects.

As for the sliders I'm using the blue all-pro set with 15min quarters, 14 sec play clock and 20 injuries. Since I'm not controlling the RB I put CPU tackling at 35 and my run blocking at 85. I used your defaults at first but my running game got absolutely crushed. This gives both a more realistic look plus fair stats.

I lowered CPU pass reaction and pass coverage to 75 as I was seeing some unrealistic reactions by the defenders at times.

And finally I put my pass blocking at 75 or I got sacked like 6-8 times per game. That's more a reflection of my pocket awareness though than the actual sliders...! I'll likely lower it as I get better at this as when there's just a 4 or 5 man rush it's way too easy for me to scramble out of the pocket for big gains, especially since I'm a mobile QB.

Thanks again, now I've finally found some settings that I can actually get started for real with my franchise.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:34 PM   #1191
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
This was it. Thanks!!

I really like how the sliders make the game a lot more realistic. I also like how using the 2nd user/controller gives me the full game experience even though I'm playing as a QB. Normally when you do that it just goes into sim mode whenever your player is not on the field. Now I get the player group presentations etc and get to watch the opposing drive down the field in the 4th quarter as opposed to just watching the much less exciting sim data.

Not sure if I want to go with generic playbooks or custom. No weather effects are obv less realistic. Maybe I'll go with custom for the ones that vannwolfhawk has created and generic for those that are missing, and I'll get to try out both plus get at least some weather effects.

As for the sliders I'm using the blue all-pro set with 15min quarters, 14 sec play clock and 20 injuries. Since I'm not controlling the RB I put CPU tackling at 35 and my run blocking at 85. I used your defaults at first but my running game got absolutely crushed. This gives both a more realistic look plus fair stats.

I lowered CPU pass reaction and pass coverage to 75 as I was seeing some unrealistic reactions by the defenders at times.

And finally I put my pass blocking at 75 or I got sacked like 6-8 times per game. That's more a reflection of my pocket awareness though than the actual sliders...! I'll likely lower it as I get better at this as when there's just a 4 or 5 man rush it's way too easy for me to scramble out of the pocket for big gains, especially since I'm a mobile QB.

Thanks again, now I've finally found some settings that I can actually get started for real with my franchise.
The Balanced, Run Balanced, and Run n Gun are the best playbooks. Use vanwolfhawks custom PBS for Pats, Saints, Falcons, Pittsburg. Their playbooks get their star wrs and tes into slot situations.

No two teams look the same with the Balanced playbook. It’s the best of the bunch. Teams don’t always dominate with this book, they just use their roster talent a little better.

As far as fear of scrambling with mobile qb, maybe bump down your qbs acceleration by ten points. May help you not break big ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2018, 05:02 PM   #1192
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
This was it. Thanks!!

Thats awesome man, glad you are enjoying it! The all-pro set is fun for sure. I haven't tinkered with it since October because I got involved in Mil's AM set up. Feel free to keep adjusting to better your experience, and feel free to share any of your changes.

As for books, I'm back and forth between custom and generics. I've been enjoying generics bc the play calling is much better than the defaults and you get weather, which I like.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »