Home

15-minute quarters

This is a discussion on 15-minute quarters within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2017, 10:09 AM   #1
Rookie

DCD6890's Arena

OVR: 0
15-minute quarters

I apologize if this has been asked in a previous thread, but are there any slider sets that will allow you to use the full 15-minute quarters without much issues? Thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2017, 11:20 AM   #2
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

Re: 15-minute quarters

Im currently using Flazkos Blue All Pro set exactly as is with 15 minute quarters and 13 second runoff and having a blast. Been jumping around with Flazkos sets, Armors set and Raider Rens sets with slideritis for the last month but Flazkos Blue set works best for me personally using 15 minutes. More sacks than id prefer (keep in mind im still in preseason so backups may be the culprit there and sliders are more made for season and playoffs not preseason) but if you also keep in mind sacks cant be fixed with sliders and have fun you'll have a blast with that set i sure am. Seeing good stats nothing overblown and 110-120 plays are on point, i see the right amount of penalties, its challenging yet fun and lots of variety. Everything feels right except for sacks which everyone seems to have issues with so im overlooking them atm. Out of all the sets ive used this feels closest to the ebb and flow of an NFL game and the most organic, again lots of variety with stats and scoring (you will have low scoring games here and there and if you play sim and dont cheese the cpu you'll see scoring wont get out of hand). Ive won 17-13 and 38-17 with these for example. Shootouts and blowouts for both sides will happen too. No two games play similar which is huge for me. My only other setting changes are slow game speed, quick playcall to mimic plays being "called in", auto flip defensive playcall set to ON, ball carrier moves set to AUTO to match the cpu (you'll see some cool animations and its not overblown and doesnt always work in your favor) and i use Armors cameras (Zoom on offense, defensive perspective camera on defense). Thats it. Good luck.

Last edited by Rickyfins75; 10-17-2017 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:35 PM   #3
Rookie

SteelCityChamp's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyfins75
Im currently using Flazkos Blue All Pro set exactly as is with 15 minute quarters and 13 second runoff and having a blast. Been jumping around with Flazkos sets, Armors set and Raider Rens sets with slideritis for the last month but Flazkos Blue set works best for me personally using 15 minutes. More sacks than id prefer (keep in mind im still in preseason so backups may be the culprit there and sliders are more made for season and playoffs not preseason) but if you also keep in mind sacks cant be fixed with sliders and have fun you'll have a blast with that set i sure am. Seeing good stats nothing overblown and 110-120 plays are on point, i see the right amount of penalties, its challenging yet fun and lots of variety. Everything feels right except for sacks which everyone seems to have issues with so im overlooking them atm. Out of all the sets ive used this feels closest to the ebb and flow of an NFL game and the most organic, again lots of variety with stats and scoring (you will have low scoring games here and there and if you play sim and dont cheese the cpu you'll see scoring wont get out of hand). Ive won 17-13 and 38-17 with these for example. Shootouts and blowouts for both sides will happen too. No two games play similar which is huge for me. My only other setting changes are slow game speed, quick playcall to mimic plays being "called in", auto flip defensive playcall set to ON, ball carrier moves set to AUTO to match the cpu (you'll see some cool animations and its not overblown and doesnt always work in your favor) and i use Armors cameras (Zoom on offense, defensive perspective camera on defense). Thats it. Good luck.
Just wanna throw this out there. The average number of plays in an NFL game is between 114-138(137.6). Lowest average per team is 57, highest per team is 68.8. So, make sure whatever time on the clock + accelerated clock that you use will net you anywhere between 114-138 & you will be fine.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers
CBB - NC Tarheels
Bundesliga - FC Bayern Munich
MLS - Seattle Sounders
Old 10-24-2017, 02:59 PM   #4
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityChamp
Just wanna throw this out there. The average number of plays in an NFL game is between 114-138(137.6). Lowest average per team is 57, highest per team is 68.8. So, make sure whatever time on the clock + accelerated clock that you use will net you anywhere between 114-138 & you will be fine.
Is there an end of game stat stat shows how many plays were ran?
Old 10-25-2017, 05:23 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
Is there an end of game stat stat shows how many plays were ran?
No, not directly. But go into "player stats" at the end of the game. Add up your passing attempts, times sacked and rushing attempts. Do that for each team. That is the number you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2017, 09:41 PM   #6
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityChamp
The overall NFL average has been 126-128 plays per game the last few years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »